Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Kingmaker was the first game I ever felt the need to leave a steam review over the course of my 50+ hours of play through as I was so annoyed with it being a buggy/unfinished pile on release ;[

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm going through Kingmaker right now on PC and there are still bugs
I think I ran into 1 bug the entire time I played like 2 years ago. When I killed the troll boss, I couldn't loot him for some reason. Reloaded, killed him again, and it was fine. Any other bugs I experienced were either so minor I didn't even notice them or couldn't remember they even happened.

I can't fucking wait for this. Both because I think Kingmaker was the best CRPG since probably NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, but also because I'm a total sucker for Angels vs. Demon shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am definitely making a bloodrager primalist as my main character and I really want to get an incense alchemist in the group. Might have to respec some of the companions. Bloodrager is like a sorcerer barbarian it's going to be awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Inquisitor​

Not much has changed here either; base class is as useless as ever.

LOL I couldn't believe they put inquisitor in Kingmaker without actually implementing inquisitions, but to do it again in the second game? Why not just remove the class and pick a different one that they can do properly?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be waiting a few days/week as the first game was butt for a while after launch regardless of people saying this one has a less buggy experience.

First game had a polished act 1, bugs started to appear in act 2 then it started breaking with the later acts being almost unplayable due to bugs. If I am not mistaken, it took around 6 months of patches before they fixed most/all of the critical bugs.

They had to launch the game then to get more funding, even knowing it was broken. I don't think they are in the same financial distress this time around, but how much of the game is available for the people with access to the beta/kickstarter build? Game is huge and first one was fine for the first 50+ hours.

That said, not waiting for the gamepass release. Really looking forward to this.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Classes I want to try:
  • Bloodrager Primalist -> Into Dragon Disciple or monk dip since
  • Sohel -> Mounted monk that can flurry with polearms.
  • Incense support Alchemist
  • Sword Saint
  • Slayer - > Deliverer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First game had a polished act 1, bugs started to appear in act 2 then it started breaking with the later acts being almost unplayable due to bugs. If I am not mistaken, it took around 6 months of patches before they fixed most/all of the critical bugs.

They had to launch the game then to get more funding, even knowing it was broken. I don't think they are in the same financial distress this time around, but how much of the game is available for the people with access to the beta/kickstarter build? Game is huge and first one was fine for the first 50+ hours.

That said, not waiting for the gamepass release. Really looking forward to this.

Up to chapter 4 (I think, changing chapters was a bit confusing) is available in the beta, which is maybe 2/3s of the game. I stopped playing both betas before hitting the end (around level 11), but you may be able to get to 14 or 15, as a full group.

The bugs in beta were nothing compared to Kingmaker (on KM release, I probably spent as much time save editing as playing, to make it to the end) and the general consensus on steam/reddit was that the first beta was already in better shape than KM at release (for bugs, at least). Most of the "issues" with the beta were the partially implemented items, class mechanics, quests, sprites, animations, the army battle system, and the city building system.

The beta 2 build is pretty old now, so I don't think anyone outside the company knows how well the full polish is going to be, but I don't expect this release to be anything close to the clusterfuck of Kingmaker's first months (especially with the money they made on Kingmaker and Kickstarter going toward a bigger team).

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This guy seems to have a good handle of the classes for the game and also put some good builds up for Kingmaker (don't know how many he actually made vs found on reddit/steam).

Disclaimer: This only really matters for the highest two difficulties, as on normal or below, any pure class should work with a full group of the various companions (on auto level) in the game.

Since you were talking about playing without a mythic path earlier in the thread:
In Beta 2, there were hints of how that may be handled. They added files for something they called the Legend path, which makes it so you get no mythic powers but your main character gets 4 extra stat points, more XP, and can level up to 40 (instead of 20). This is probably needed to allow them to put in similar events to the mythic paths in the city/keep management/quests.

They also added a third "hidden" (high level) mythic branch that you can chose at mythic level 8. They are:
Gold Dragon
Swarm-that-Walks
Devil (New)

There are going to be huge swings in power, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it on the highest setting.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Classes I want to try:
  • Bloodrager Primalist -> Into Dragon Disciple or monk dip since
  • Sohel -> Mounted monk that can flurry with polearms.
  • Incense support Alchemist
  • Sword Saint
  • Slayer - > Deliverer
Maaan fuck Sword Saint.. had one in my last pen and paper run on Wrath. They so fucking weebo and broken once they can get a crit range of at least 18-20. Pretty sure he had a level of Monk and or Magus. That said since Inquisitors are incomplete I will be playing one or Slayer, not sure yet. Def. going for a maximum damage build this time though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most PF games I go to ban Sword Saint due to it being the class of min-maxer loot whore faggots (also usually weebs) to a fault. It's fine to do that in a single player game though!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Available for preload but I stopped preloading once I was able to upgrade from potato net, now it takes longer to unlock then download.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

TL;DW. He finished the game, so the game is done. No gamebreaking bugs, but a few side quests couldn't be completed. Other cons were not a lot of space to use mounted combat, repetitive enemies (not much else can survive in a demon wasteland besides demons...), and enemy sizes closer to the end makes it harder to see your own characters(being swarmed by Glabrezu, mariliths, etc. will do that I suppose).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

TL;DW. He finished the game, so the game is done. No gamebreaking bugs, but a few side quests couldn't be completed. Other cons were not a lot of space to use mounted combat, repetitive enemies (not much else can survive in a demon wasteland besides demons...), and enemy sizes closer to the end makes it harder to see your own characters(being swarmed by Glabrezu, mariliths, etc. will do that I suppose).

Best part of that review for me the "time management" in terms of quests/management has largely been removed. There are quests that have timers, but they are very clearly marked, and normally have no time limit except from when you transition from one chapter to another. When you do reach a point of no return, they are often clearly stated as such, so you can go back and do the quests before moving on.

A+ change for me as I did not like at all the system that made you wait for several days to do a kingdom management check only to have quests automatically fail. Sometimes several hours later because you picked the wrong time to do a kingdom management level up. Min maxing stats and such is one thing, but having to min max time to an even larger degree wasn't that enjoyable. Reloading fights because I didn't want to "waste time" resting. Never saw it as a challenge, just annoying.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Did he mention how long it took to beat it? I don't wanna watch it, I wanna go in knowing as little as possible

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Best part of that review for me the "time management" in terms of quests/management has largely been removed. There are quests that have timers, but they are very clearly marked, and normally have no time limit except from when you transition from one chapter to another. When you do reach a point of no return, they are often clearly stated as such, so you can go back and do the quests before moving on.

A+ change for me as I did not like at all the system that made you wait for several days to do a kingdom management check only to have quests automatically fail. Sometimes several hours later because you picked the wrong time to do a kingdom management level up. Min maxing stats and such is one thing, but having to min max time to an even larger degree wasn't that enjoyable. Reloading fights because I didn't want to "waste time" resting. Never saw it as a challenge, just annoying.

That's good news. Timed shit in the game was super annoying.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm incredibly excited about this game. My Fantasy Grounds D&D game is tomorrow night and I know I'm going to be counting the minutes until we're done so I can properly dive in to this.

I love my tabletop game, but Iso-RPGs do it for me differently (particularly the best-in-class ones) and I've been waiting for this one since the moment it was announced. Kingmaker was an amazing game, but this one appeals to me even more because I am a huge sucker for the struggle between Heaven and Hell narrative.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users