Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm excited for this, I loved the first one even though I never finished it because the Keep Management just frustrated me, and having it on auto would make you miss some content. I read that the Crusade in this isn't as annoying as the Keep Management, and that putting it on auto doesn't make you miss anything which sounds great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's good news. Timed shit in the game was super annoying.
Yep.

I encountered one of the campaign-ending failure scenarios that I wasn't even aware existed after I had invested something like 60 hours. There wasn't any way to recover it, I had to start over.

I said fuck that and downloaded a memory hack so I could turn back the world clock in-game.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah felt like it was a big fuck you to anyone who wanted to explore and do things on their own time.

I'm OK with things like "oh no flee the build it's burning down" and that has a time limit, but when you're just out chillin in some cave trying to find a chest and then with like zero heads up the game is like GG please start again? Big dumb.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, if there is one big knock on the OG game, it would definitely be almost everything surrounding the "Kingdom" portion. Great idea in theory and a great concept, but it just didn't really work well in practice...
Fextralife said 80-ish hours, maybe 100+ if you try to do everything possible.
So, roughly the time of the first game.

Excited Lets Go GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm excited for this, I loved the first one even though I never finished it because the Keep Management just frustrated me, and having it on auto would make you miss some content. I read that the Crusade in this isn't as annoying as the Keep Management, and that putting it on auto doesn't make you miss anything which sounds great.

Oh you got as far as being frustrated by the keep management? I plopped a few things down and said I don't wanna do this anymore.

I'm sure the system was good and maybe the player base is the jerks here? Idk.

The character builder was superb.

Last edited:

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, just bought the game last night. Looks good. Gonna try and play it tonight. Of course, dunno how that's gonna work with Manjaro, but I s'pose we'll see.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I never got very far into the first one, and one of the main reasons was the basic idea of "tanking" (and I'd say broadly this applies to most CRPGs). It's possible I missed some Taunt-esque skills/abilities, but in my limited experience the only way combat worked was either:

1) rely on absolutely brain-dead enemy AI, wherein they focus on my big scary armored dude with a shield, simply because he was first to enter their vision (and another level of brain-dead-ness, he poses no threat physically since he's fully defense oriented)

or 2) retreat every time you encounter a group to the previous doorway/cave entrance so you can simply funnel the combat space into a narrow direction.

Is this still prevalent here? Are there ways around it? I don't want to blame the game since I don't know what I'm doing, so hopefully one of y'all can edumacate me on how to properly Pathfind.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Jesus that class list looks daunting. No idea wtf I want to start as. Option overload

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So I never got very far into the first one, and one of the main reasons was the basic idea of "tanking" (and I'd say broadly this applies to most CRPGs). It's possible I missed some Taunt-esque skills/abilities, but in my limited experience the only way combat worked was either:

1) rely on absolutely brain-dead enemy AI, wherein they focus on my big scary armored dude with a shield, simply because he was first to enter their vision (and another level of brain-dead-ness, he poses no threat physically since he's fully defense oriented)

or 2) retreat every time you encounter a group to the previous doorway/cave entrance so you can simply funnel the combat space into a narrow direction.

Is this still prevalent here? Are there ways around it? I don't want to blame the game since I don't know what I'm doing, so hopefully one of y'all can edumacate me on how to properly Pathfind.

I had npcs ignore my tank(s) and get absolutely fucking thrashed with attacks of opportunity.

I was advised they did it in d&d also and built accordingly.

Was that more bullshit than glued to taunt tank? I dunno, it was pretty god damn unfair lol. Players will find a way to game any system.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jesus that class list looks daunting. No idea wtf I want to start as. Option overload
I fucking love games that throw massive amounts of classes at you. It's one of the largest reasons I started EQ and played BDO for so long.

I love options because I'm a total autismo when it comes to theorycrafting class/race combos.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Going for a dhampir quarterstaff master. let's see how this goes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is what will happen to me.

1. Spend around 2 hours creating a character.
2. Start playing the game.
3. Get to a point within the first 30-60 minutes where I realize a different character would be better because of alignment, class, or race.
4. Quit and go back and repeat 1-3 about 5 times before I'm happy.
5. Continue and reach another point where I realize one of previous character would be better, load save game and continue.
6. Repeat 5 a few times.
7. 25 hours later, I'm still in the first 2 hours of the game debating which character is best to go forward with..

• 11Solidarity
  • 9Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 22 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

3. Get to a point within the first 30-60 minutes where I realize a different character would be better because of alignment, class, or race.
5. Continue and reach another point where I realize one of previous character would be better, load save game and continue.
6. Repeat 5 a few times.
7. 25 hours later, I'm still in the first 2 hours of the game debating which character is best to go forward with..

As is tradition.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

6. Repeat 5 a few times.

OMG this.... why are we this way?

This happens to me in most games that give me too many options and opportunities to self-gimp.
Rimworld, Crusader Kings, Stellaris, pretty much any realm management/strategy game... and these are my favorite games, too.

it hurts so bad

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

6. Repeat 5 a few times.
I usually just turn my companions into the classes I thought might be "better" when I start having those moments.

In CRPGs you aren't really playing 1 character is the thing. It's basically like boxing your own group. Might as well roll ALL the classes you think you'd enjoy.

• 1Truth!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I just did this very thing. Got a short distance into the game and ran into a Companion that embodies what I was trying to do with my main in a way that I like better... so back to square one! Having 87 different classes/sub-classes leads to analysis paralysis!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, it's better than me. I just pick one character, decide I'm gonna fly with it until I see something else that's better. Then, decide, "Ehh, fuck it, I'm gonna stick with what I got..." Until I see something way better, then put the game down for 6 months.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

6. Repeat 5 a few times.
7. 25 hours later, I'm still in the first 2 hours of the game debating which character is best to go forward with

I just did this very thing. Got a short distance into the game and ran into a Companion that embodies what I was trying to do with my main in a way that I like better... so back to square one! Having 87 different classes/sub-classes leads to analysis paralysis!
Yes I've literally been doing this all day long.