Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You're right, and I get that on a logical level.

I just honestly don't know how people can replay these games even once, let alone multiple times, purely from a free time perspective. I have so many games still unplayed, so many books unread, so many shows unwatched, that to replay something I've already played just holds no appeal to me. Even if we assume that this is, perhaps, the best game of its type I've played in a long, long time.
Hey, I agree with you. I only played Kingmaker once(twice if you include the 20ish hours I put in initially before work was busy enough I had to shelve it for 6 months - thus restarting). The only RPGs I've ever "replayed" were Mass Effect 1 and 2. I replayed them each 3 times. All replays came YEARS after though. I can't do an immediate 2nd playthrough of epic games like these.

I just go in knowing that I'll likely NEVER see ALL of the options, but I'm ok with that. It actually makes the experience fun and unique, at least for me..

Honestly though, the angel vs. demon stuff is my shit and because of that, I can see myself setting the difficulty to "story" or whatever the easiest is and blazing through a 2nd time to see the "other" side of the coin. Who knows if I'll actually follow through with that, but it's the first time in a really long time I've considered a 2nd playthrough as "on the table".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I agree on the angel vs. demon thing, I'm totally into that.

Of course, I chose Azata last night, so...

(As an aside, would probably never go Demon anyway for various reasons, including losing my bae Arushaela, whom I'm hoping to smash)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The different mythic paths and all the types of characters that you can't use (just for lack of space in the group) makes replay attractive.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
From everything I have read, the Mythic paths open up a lot of replay as they play VASTLY different than each other. Apparently as Aeon you just go around playing Time Cop and giving everybody an I AM THE LAW speech before slapping them around. As an Azata, I have a court full of literal moron rejects (Bandits, artists, sculptors, poets, a group of crazy halflings, a treant and his forest people, a squad of Mimics (!?)), who just helped me assault the demons at the end of Act 3. The fucking halflings just randomly show up in different quests and start beating on people too, which is pretty funny.

I have run into plenty of small, and occasionally annoying bugs, but today I had my first that really pissed me off. Sosiel has a part of his Companion Quest in Act 3 that is NOT marked to fail if you finish the Chapter. I go through everything in the final quest of the Chapter, and ofcourse it fucking fails, and I am not going back to redo it all again. Oh well, no secret companion for me I suppose.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am going Lich right now but next playthrough is totally going to be the Swarm that Walks or Gold Dragon.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Lich is unique because you get not one, not two, but THREE companions (that you resurrect ofcourse). Also, they just fixed one of its more annoying bugs today, where you didn't actually become Undead, and your CON score still mattered. Trading Seelah for Warpriest, Ranger, Cavalier companions? Sounds good to me.

I am transitioning to Gold Dragon when it becomes available (just hit Mythic 5), although I didn't see in today's Patch Notes them fixing its giant bug of losing all stats from an item slot if you unequip whatever was in that slot when you go Gold Dragon. Hopefully they get that one before I get there.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're right, and I get that on a logical level.

I just honestly don't know how people can replay these games even once, let alone multiple times, purely from a free time perspective. I have so many games still unplayed, so many books unread, so many shows unwatched, that to replay something I've already played just holds no appeal to me. Even if we assume that this is, perhaps, the best game of its type I've played in a long, long time.

Easy, I would rather replay these types of games than touch most anything a AAA game publisher puts out (Rockstar games and TW:Warhammer are about the only exceptions). Also don't play console games, read fiction, or watch much TV/movies (last 10 years of TV and movies have fallen off a cliff for my tastes).

Encased just got released too, so I am playing that next (still only in chapter 4 of Wrath), but I will replay this again, next month as Lich/Demon/Trickster into Swarm.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Did they fix the magic missile bug? I was doing 35-40 dmg per hit with bolster spell alone.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
selective meta magic grease is real op

I want to get Camellia's base attack up for trip, can't seem to get nearly enough. Do I need points in another class or sumn?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Selective meta magic in general is fucking dumb powerful. Fireballs all up in their demon asses.

Shaman aren't great trippers. If you really need trip on her, I'd take Crashing Waves, assuming they added it in WotR? (going off PnP knowledge here). Back in Kingmaker, they made trip require Combat Expertise and 13int, which are actually the requirements of Improved Trip from PnP, since base Trip is just a combat maneuver.

In other words, I'm not sure what they've done to cock up trip again, but if it's like Kingmaker, it required Combat Expertise and 13int.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Says you need 9 base attack for trip

Int, I haven't been prompted to be able to raise it. I forget if you can get it from lvling or if item bonuses can help you get the needed 13.

Adept or agile manuevers, whichever it is called, makes trip work off dex instead of str. That's gonna be a must too for me.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Did they fix the magic missile bug? I was doing 35-40 dmg per hit with bolster spell alone.
Yep, Bolster was adding +2 DMG per Caster level, instead of the proper +2 DMG per Hit Dice. So a bunch of individual bolts with +2xCL DMG was the perfect spell for that bug to shine.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Looks like I gotta multiclass her into fighter, ranger, slayer, or the like to get those base attacks up

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You have to go all in with a trip character. You have to take every feat to boost it or it just isn't very good.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You have to go all in with a trip character. You have to take every feat to boost it or it just isn't very good.
That's pretty much how it is in PnP as well. I had a monk who was a tripping/combat maneuver god, but yeah, you have to go all-in on that shit.
Looks like I gotta multiclass her into fighter, ranger, slayer, or the like to get those base attacks up
Like I said, Shaman don't make very good trippers. If you really want a trip character, either respec her or focus on trip with another character.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty much how it is in PnP as well. I had a monk who was a tripping/combat maneuver god, but yeah, you have to go all-in on that shit.

Like I said, Shaman don't make very good trippers. If you really want a trip character, either respec her or focus on trip with another character.
Yeah quarter staff monk might be the best tripper.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

kevin-hart-stand-up-comedy.gif

Looks like 3-4 feats which I have room for tbh.

Her alignment is hidden so I'm not sure if I can take anything under barbarian like Instinctual Warrior (wouldnt it be fuckin nice with her wis), so she might be getting Freebooter next level.

Related note, I have the tavern music stuck in my head. You know the one. Banger.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Related note, I have the tavern music stuck in my head. You know the one. Banger.
It's because it sounds a lot like the Diablo II Tristram theme at certain points.

I agree though, it's fire.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I don't know what really synergises with shaman, but Vivisectionist is the go to duel class for a lot of builds due to the stacking stat buff and the other "mutagens." There are also some items and spells that boost your CMD that could be helpful. Still, I am not sure a shaman is melee enough to land trips.

As for trip build in general:
Pet classes make for some of the best trippers because wolfs/dogs/leopards have trip built into their bite, and you have a teamwork feat for tripping. If you realy want to keep her a shaman, you can respec and then switch right away with boon companion. The shaman level(s) would be a waste though. The most fighter like pet class is a Cavalier (Gendarme). Also use 3 levels in Hunter/Inquisitor to share group feats with pet.​
I used Gendarme to get more archery feats, but you could do trip and tandem trip on the character instead (I am not really happy with this archer build and seemingly low attack, but been too lazy to figure out a respec that keeps the pet).​
202109151152417642.png
202109151142587082.png
Again, just let the pet passively trip with bite, and didn't focus on trip on Sosiel. Instead I gave him a reach weapon so I didn't have to worry about AC on a Barb with rage.​
20210915115512_1.jpg
20210915115846_1.jpg
20210915120601_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ooo that's right, companion to trip. That will be my backup plan as it makes the most sense, but I'm stubborn and don't need more bodies in my melee line if I can help it. Working choke points with grease is so damn great.

Gotta say, that "can't be flanked" dangling out there is lookin hot in Instinctual Warrior. Hope she can take this barb stuff. Some build lists her as getting a barbarian rapier crit feat, which id want with my seize the moment feat on sanctified slayer.

She's holding up well in melee and doing enough damage. Wish I could find a better spirit magic lvl 1 for her than enlarge person. Nothing stood out.