Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying the hell out of this game but I can't imagine playing it right now without the Toy Box mod. The sheer number of things I've needed to fix or restore in my current Lich playthrough is pretty bad by any standard, and it's getting worse the further along in the campaign I get.
"Fix" things by downloading what amounts to a Diablo II trainer program? If the game is that hard, you do know there is a difficulty slider, right?

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

This proud son of Erud does some good in depth building and explaining. Got my sub.

I was gonna do basically this with tower shield and flail. Oh and lawful neutral.

Da hellhound is gahbidge lol.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm enjoying the hell out of this game but I can't imagine playing it right now without the Toy Box mod. The sheer number of things I've needed to fix or restore in my current Lich playthrough is pretty bad by any standard, and it's getting worse the further along in the campaign I get.
What are you having to use it for?

I'm not far into the game yet, but already the inability to travel when you're overburdened is annoying as hell. I went ahead and downloaded it assuming that I could change my carry weight or disable that function of the game.

Haven't even installed it yet so I have no clue what else that mod is capable of doing.

This proud son of Erud does some good in depth building and explaining. Got my sub.
Yeah his videos have been very helpful. I subscribed to him a couple of weeks ago and he seems to have doubled his numbers already in a short amount of time.

There really isn't a lot of folks out there doing videos that are in depth. Bonus is he doesn't seem like a dipshit.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's the Russian guy with the 9 hour starter builds guide that over uses that metal segue. "This guy? Towa sheelt, heavy muddafucka."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There's the Russian guy with the 9 hour starter builds guide that over uses that metal segue. "This guy? Towa sheelt, heavy muddafucka."
Haha, I think I've watched a few of his videos. There's some good stuff but it's tough to get through. I guess that's what I mean when a content creator doesn't sound like a dipshit.

Fextralife, Mortismal, and there's one other dude also make pretty good videos breaking down builds and what have you. They're not irritating to watch or listen to.

Can't remember the third guy's name, but he's posted some pretty broken builds. I want to say he had a sword Saint video that could do 500 damage or something and a round.

I'll see if I can find it..

Edit: His recording quality is pretty bleh, but I think this was the video I was thinking of. Forgot it was a fighter type build.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider

I was gonna do basically this with tower shield and flail. Oh and lawful neutral.

Da hellhound is gahbidge lol.
Is it just me or did anyone else find it ironic that the black guy making these videos who picked half-orc chose to basically make him a black orc (4:30 in the video). For those confused at what I'm getting at there is a big ole hoopla on how some idiots feels orcs in fantasy are basically a representation of black people.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Everyone should have Nenio as a permanent member of their party in their first play through in case you don't play it again. She randomly chimes in with the best comments during quest dialogue.

• 2Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
"Fix" things by downloading what amounts to a Diablo II trainer program? If the game is that hard, you do know there is a difficulty slider, right?
No, I mean fixing actual, gamestopping bugs within the Lich Mythic path - there have been several documented ones within the last week, like this:

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's also using toybox to respect in the field. It's probably not that big of a deal for veterans but there's plenty of times when you take a feat or dip into a class for an ability and then find out that it doesn't work the way you thought it would and you need to fix it or else you're character is unplayable.

There's obviously the temptations to give yourself rests after every fight or free buffs but it's a single player game so who cares

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's also using toybox to respect in the field. It's probably not that big of a deal for veterans but there's plenty of times when you take a feat or dip into a class for an ability and then find out that it doesn't work the way you thought it would and you need to fix it or else you're character is unplayable.

There's obviously the temptations to give yourself rests after every fight or free buffs but it's a single player game so who cares

I used toybox to fix a few mistakes without needing to take 20 min to respec the whole character (when I forgot to give a melee character 3 mobility). There is also an option to make the whole party move close to the same speed, out of combat, which is nice. Finally, at release, it allowed me to unlock most of the mythic paths on a level 1 trash character to play with builds.

P.S. I prefer the respec mod over respecing in toybox, since you can respec followers and keep their voice overs.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I used toybox to fix a few mistakes without needing to take 20 min to respec the whole character (when I forgot to give a melee character 3 mobility). There is also an option to make the whole party move close to the same speed, out of combat, which is nice. Finally, at release, it allowed me to unlock most of the mythic paths on a level 1 trash character to play with builds.

P.S. I prefer the respec mod over respecing in toybox, since you can respec followers and keep their voice overs.
Wait, so if you use toy box to respec a companion, it glitches their voice acted dialogue?

Daidraco

Is it just me or did anyone else find it ironic that the black guy making these videos who picked half-orc chose to basically make him a black orc (4:30 in the video). For those confused at what I'm getting at there is a big ole hoopla on how some idiots feels orcs in fantasy are basically a representation of black people.
Cause across games players pick Orcs because they are generally portrayed as awesome, blood thirsty, well skilled, killing machines. A lot of people that choose that race outside min/maxxing, do so because they imagine themselves as that type of character. The thing that makes me laugh the most is that on average, its white people that say that Orcs are portrayed as "jogger" people. But it's only funny to a point - it gives developers an excuse to make the only playable race, Human. Which crushes any imagination that comes along with role playing. "Orcs are really strong, but dumb" is fine from a role playing perspective, but as soon as some nance wants to make a connection with his hidden personal values - the developers are the "devil".

But I digress - I blasted through this game and I think other people should at least try it for 5-10 hours before passing on it.

• 2Like

Burns

Wait, so if you use toy box to respec a companion, it glitches their voice acted dialogue?

I haven't looked recently, but on day one the toybox respec only gave the option to totally respec them, as if they were a merc. I don't know what it did to conversations in their story line or at the command table, but their barks were changed to the generic one you chose when making a character. A total respec is the only way to change their base race, though.

If you want to change a companions base race, there is an option of using another mod, to change the character model and voice back to original. It is called "Visual Adjustment." Again, I don't know what this does to story conversations, as I have not tried a full respec on companions.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Human and lesbian half orc paladin lovers. L O L.

• 1Worf

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Are there any high value class dips for wizards or is there not much difference than going pure wizard?

Burns

Are there any high value class dips for wizards or is there not much difference than going pure wizard?

Casters are best left pure, outside of 1 level in Vivisectionist(with talent that adds a sneak atk level) for Arcane Trickster builds or monk for melee sorc/Dragon Disc/Eldritch Knight builds.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I took a level in Cross Blooded Sorc on Ember to get the Bloodline that converts all Energy Damage to Fire, to combo with Ascended Element Fire so that nothing she casts can get mitigated/resisted anymore.

Burns

I took a level in Cross Blooded Sorc on Ember to get the Bloodline that converts all Energy Damage to Fire, to combo with Ascended Element Fire so that nothing she casts can get mitigated/resisted anymore.

Small item spoiler: You get some bracers that do this for electricity, sometime in chapter 3 (I think), called Stormlord's Resolve.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Small item spoiler: You get some bracers that do this for electricity, sometime in chapter 3 (I think), called Stormlord's Resolve.
What's the element most commonly resisted by enemies? I know through the game you're going to be fighting a ton of demons, and assumed they'd have fire resistance. I just really don't know what the types of different enemies are resistant to in Pathfinder.