Persona 5 - Coming to...

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Persona 4 Golden is my favorite turn-based RPG ever with FF VI at a very close second.
Blasphemy. Nothing touches FFV-VI for their time. FFV for combat and FFVI for everything else. Much better sense of style too (fuck this j-jazz nonsense).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm like halfway through P4 Golden. I gotta' finish it someday.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm like halfway through P4 Golden. I gotta' finish it someday.
Been thinking about getting a vita, mainly for golden.

But heard that there might be a new version on the way? With a better screen? Don't want to buy outdated hardware, which is always a risk considering the platform has been out a while.

Also looking at the RPG list, it doesn't seem like there are too many (good ones) for it?

PlayStation Vita Role-Playing Games - Metacritic

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If you buy a vita for golden, just get the vita tv instead. Seriously.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Glad to be of assistance. P4 works on it, and most vita games do, some of the panty quest rpgs dont work on it. Make sure and check the list of currently supported games here just to make sure you dont want something super bad thats not on the list, but honestly, you should be fine. Heres a fairly up to date list of supported titles

PlayStation TV Compatible Games (North America) | PS Vita Reviews

Youll still need an atrociously expensive memory card, but ps3 and ps4 controllers work, I believe, and you never need to charge the thing. Being able to play p4 on the television set instead of the handheld is worth the cost of admission though.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Glad to be of assistance. P4 works on it, and most vita games do, some of the panty quest rpgs dont work on it. Make sure and check the list of currently supported games here just to make sure you dont want something super bad thats not on the list, but honestly, you should be fine. Heres a fairly up to date list of supported titles

PlayStation TV Compatible Games (North America) | PS Vita Reviews

Youll still need an atrociously expensive memory card, but ps3 and ps4 controllers work, I believe, and you never need to charge the thing. Being able to play p4 on the television set instead of the handheld is worth the cost of admission though.
Persona and the Tales game seem to work, which were the two games I was looking at buying. So even with a memory card (from what I have read now, it is the Vita memory cards I need) it will be cheaper than buying the vita.

How do games work for it? Pure digital service? Download and play? Or do I need to buy the vita games?

EDIT: Tried ordering, will have to wait until morning. Need to call my bank. Got a new phone with a new SIM and mobile banking isn't activated yet. Can't use my credit card. Bah!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can do digital download or Im pretty sure it has a game card slot as well just like the vita. Just check out the specs on amazon or gamestop. I do all digital downloads on it so thats why my memories shaky on that part. Im a days drive from mine right now or id just check it myself.

If you go all digital get the 64 gb card, despite its price. But yes, part of why I suggest the vita tv over the vita is cost, no need to charge it, and playing those games on the tv is just objectively better. Battery life on the vita is shit, so youre always plugged in playing it anyway, and for big rpgs youll be recharging constantly. I love the vita tv. Was a bit shakey at first due to less supported games but yeah that list is about four times longer than the last time I checked it out.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Is this game really coming out this year? No release date or anything yet.... Can't wait to play it though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure its supposed to be out around christmas/ shortly before. Im eagerly awaiting it, but it could always slip into the new year I suppose.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hodj, been looking at the Playstation TV, and in Norway they do not have any 64 gig cards for sale. Price range for the Playstation TV also varies wildly. So questions I have are

1) How large are the digital games for it? Would a 16gb card comfortably fit at least 3-4 games?

2) Are the memory cards region free? Read some on it, and apparently ones ordered from Japan are?

Currently thinking about ordering a playstation TV + a 16 gb memory card. Then maybe importing a larger memory card later. Due to taxes and customs here, ordering international electronics can run the risk of becoming quite expensive if it gets stopped in customs. We have the most moronic import taxation that means that they add original price of item + cost of delivery + customs fee. Then take that total and add a 25% tax on it. You then get an invoice for customs fee + tax which you need to pay before getting the item.

That said, I would import and pay lots for persona 4 golden. That trailer for Persona 5 just reminded me how much I enjoy these games.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Usually the games are like 1 to 3 gb or so I believe. Tbh I cant say for sure off hand Im not anywhere where I can check but look at the descriptions on the playstation store it should tell you how much space they take up. You can view it from a web browser.

Sorry Im knee deep in mud digging test puts in a wooded area 600 miles from home right now posting on phone and really shitty hotel internet when Im postingnthese past two weeks makes looking shit up quickly pretty challenging.

My siggestion is purxhasong that shit from amazon or gamestop tbh.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I think my largest digital game is about 4gb. I snagged a 32gb card from GameStop at Christmas when they were 50% off.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, the largest games are a bit over 4gb (like 4.1). More than likely you will be able to fit 4

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the information everyone. Will go to some local stores tomorrow to see if any of them have it, if not, I'll order it online.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh in regards to region free memory cards, theyre all region free apparently.

Just looked that up.

Added: games too by the way

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Be aware that the Vita TV only supports a maximum resolution of 720p/1080i. That includes PS4 remote play and playing movies with the DLNA client; there is no way to get 1080p output on the device. Audio is sent over HDMI, so if you need toslink optical out you're out of luck there too. And AFAIK it has no support for the usual streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. still. Basically all it does is play Vita games (with little attempt at making them look good on a large TV instead of a tiny screen) at a fraction of the cost of an actual Vita. If that's all you want, $40 isn't a bad deal even considering the outrageous pricing of Sony's retarded proprietary memory cards.