Persona 5 - Coming to...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2016 =(

It's not surprising though. I can't wait to play it!

English trans:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Kinda shitty that it's been delayed but not exactly hurting for stuff to play between oct/nov and early next year(if you like jrpgs that is).

Araxen

New trailer..

Japan release date is September 15th for PS4/PS3. US won't get it till next year now I guess. Sigh..

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, Persona is one of the only games I can live with a delay. I want them to be perfect. They are games in a class of their own. Take all the time you need, Atlus.

Araxen

Honestly, Persona is one of the only games I can live with a delay. I want them to be perfect. They are games in a class of their own. Take all the time you need, Atlus.
Yeah, I agree. The game has been in development for 6 years which is nuts but this franchise has become so huge now they'll be able to offset any delay with the sales the game is going to do.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I think having a delayed release for the west isn't so bad, so it doesn't overlap with FFXV so fucking much. I mean there's 2weeks between the 2 so you might be done with P5 by the time FFXV rolls over, but not if you replay the game to max links and all that shit, most likely. Obviously not everyone is interested in XV or P5 either, but it seems kinda dumb to release both so close to each other. For us though, we get FFXV in september, then P5 probably in january or whatever, so should be fine.

Exciting year for JRPG fans though. Or well couple of years. Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Persona and to a lesser extent Etrian Odyssey, a Kingdom Heart planned at some point in the future too, cool stuff.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
May have to buy a PS4 for Star Ocean and Persona. I may just grab Persona on PS3 if the load times aren't unbearable compared to PS4.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Doubt we will get the PS3 version of P5. Japan really only does PS3 ports as the install base there is still pretty high compared to PS4.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Exciting year for JRPG fans though. Or well couple of years. Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Persona and to a lesser extent Etrian Odyssey, a Kingdom Heart planned at some point in the future too, cool stuff.
Plus Odin Sphere in June, Setsuna in July, and SMT IV Apoc in August(?). Looking forward to those more than anything but P5.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is that just an HD remake of Odin Sphere? The game seemed highly overrated to me and that was even playing it on PS3 which fixed most of the FPS issues.

Vorph

HD remake, with a bunch of stuff that the PS2 could never have done added (since it could barely even run the game to begin with) like new bosses, better enemy AI, and the gameplay is more like Dragon's Crown. Reviews of the JPN version were very favorable.

I'm a huge fan of Vanillaware for their art style and their take on Norse mythology so I'm really looking forward to the Storybook edition. I'd kill for a PS4 remake of Grand Knights History too, but I suspect that will probably never happen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Plus Odin Sphere in June, Setsuna in July, and SMT IV Apoc in August(?). Looking forward to those more than anything but P5.
Right there was more stuff I just listed the long series that hadn't had a new game in a while. Like there's Tales of Berseria too, Stranger of Sword City(already released but june for the PC version), Ys 8, Exist Archive. Sadly SMTIV final, I'm not sure if it'll be released in EU, guess we'll see but it's not looking so good.

Vorph

Sega has a Euro division, why do they even need Namco to publish Atlus' games anyway? Course, it wouldn't even be an issue at all if Nintendo wasn't so retarded about putting region locking on a handheld.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sadly, and breaks my heart lol but Star Ocean 5, at least what was released in Japan, seemed fairly underwhelming. I'm hoping for the best though.