Persona 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I miss turn based rpg games but dislike games with “time limitations” ala FF13-3 buuuut also can’t get into in any other game...

Wish me luck... holy gay music...

Edit: Gay good, not gay bad.

How closely should I heed the constant advice in the first 5 minutes to “take my time”?
Not much. You really just need to not leave the dungeons until the final day or two in case you need to spend a few days in there.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Renting dvds is a mistake, I never get to watch them.

I really like this game but I have to skip over most of the dialogue, holy fuck is it exhausting at times the way they go on and on and on and on. I am also cheating on the test questions they ask because I have a phone in my characters pocket and as far as I am concerned he is a thief i.e. a sneaky mother fucker and is cheating too.

Getting annoyed at how I spend five days locked out if being able to choose what I want to do and then only get to do one thing and then I have to go to bed because my fucking cat says so, that’s why renting DVD’s is a mistake...

Late fees... art imitates life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

I really like this game but I have to skip over most of the dialogue, holy fuck is it exhausting at times the way they go on and on and on and on. I am also cheating on the test questions they ask because I have a phone in my characters pocket and as far as I am concerned he is a thief i.e. a sneaky mother fucker and is cheating too.

Getting annoyed at how I spend five days locked out if being able to choose what I want to do and then only get to do one thing and then I have to go to bed because my fucking cat says so, that’s why renting DVD’s is a mistake...

Like I said, max out Takayami ASAP you get her as a confidant after "Operation Maidwatch", special massage takes care of Morgana annoying you everytime you want to go out, after a palace/mid day activity. Also if you want to max out all Confidants/Skills get the Fortune confidant sorta max'd out(Her last ability is fucking garbage, but the other skills help a ton.)

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

That was my biggest complaint. The characters repeat themselves over and over and over and over. Like holy shit I get it, knock it off

• 1Truth!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
...I should have studied more...

BAH! I had no book to read!!! Wasted a seat on the subway car! :Mad PC: /restart

I can’t remeber why I didn’t play this when it first came out, something about Persona 3 that annoyed the shit out of me but I can’t for the life of me remeber what that was. I know I liked the game but the time I beat it I was fucking done and wanted nothing to do with it afterwards. **shrug**

This is a pretty good game, enjoying it muchly.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
...I should have studied more...

BAH! I had no book to read!!! Wasted a seat on the subway car! :Mad PC: /restart

I can’t remeber why I didn’t play this when it first came out, something about Persona 3 that annoyed the shit out of me but I can’t for the life of me remeber what that was. I know I liked the game but the time I beat it I was fucking done and wanted nothing to do with it afterwards. **shrug**

This is a pretty good game, enjoying it muchly.

My guess would be the velvet room from 3, they have streamlined the persona creation process 1000 x over even when comparing it too P4:Golden, P5's velvet room actually makes sense.

Also do lots of saves, before you sleep each night is a good point, and let's you re-load if the next day is full of "goodies"(unless you are clearing up a Palace for the next day)

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That was my biggest complaint. The characters repeat themselves over and over and over and over. Like holy shit I get it, knock it off

I remember them talking about this on Dropped Frames and they had a reasonable explanation for it. They said the game devs knew they made a stupid long game, and most people dont dedicate days and weeks to one game. So they wanted to have as many on-boarding points as possible for if you picked up 40 hours in after not playing for 2 weeks, so you could be refreshed on what was going on.

It's annoying for someone driving through the game non-stop, but is probably great for a large part of the audience who wants to play the game in reasonable chunks over a very long period (I dont actually know this is a large part of the Persona audience, but I imagine increased accessibility does make that audience larger).

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
God damn I love turn based combat over active battle systems, not that I don’t mind ABS like FFx-2, ff6, or ff7 but it was done better in ffx-1 in my opinion. Dragon Warrior XI is also good, and on pc for you master race types, if you get hankerings for some old school rpg love. That is what lead me to this game, that want of some old school gameplay in a modern shell that I haven’t already played.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Da na na dun
Da na na dun
Da na na dun
Da na na dun
Da na na dun
Da na na dun
Da na na dun

That’s my imitation of being in Mementos.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sooo Ton's of Info has been released via TGS, about P5R..

1. Guns will auto-reload after every battle(thanks Igor)
2. Mementos is wayy more random now, from the stream it seems a lot of the gripes people had about mementos they've looked into.
3. Multiple battle tracks, yessssss
4. Data carry over from P5 standard, if you have P5 save data when loading the Royal, you can load some extra goodies too help you out, no Persona carry over etc etc..
5. Some new game + mode ???( I couldn't understand a damn thing they were saying on the stream)
6. Massive massive re-writes of the story, not only for adding the new Phantom Thief member, but over all it's a new game..

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. Not sure if I'm about to run through this game again though. As much as I did enjoy it.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Where do you read there are massive re-writes to the story? Everything I read so far showed that "The original Persona 5 storyline will remain unchanged " . There will be new content, new features, etc...but original story is unchanged.

spronk

FPS noob
another game coming out in Japan feb 2020, its a dynasty warriors kinda game i guess? looks really cool tho

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's the Switch (and PS4) game that everyone wanted to believe was a port of P5 even though it should be obvious that Sony has that shit locked down. Actually looks quite a bit better than I expected, as someone who has absolutely no interest in DW-ish crap.

• 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
This has to be one of my top five favorite console games of all time. Every so often I pull it off the shelf, toss it in the PS4 Pro, and play it again from the beginning. Just amazing game really.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

would be cool if P3, P4G, and eventually P5R come to PC/steam

I really enjoyed P5 and plat'd the game but just don't have it in me to put in another 100+ hours to play P5R but have always wanted to play P4G, i just can't do it on my vita its too tiny/uncomfortable to play that long