soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
IMG_20170211_175041126.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Put my wonderful girl down today. She was almost 17 and one of my best friends. Been with with me for years through some really bad times and was always just a strong and wonderful presence.

I'm going to miss you girl. Fuck this sucks.

r2YxdCD.jpg

• 14Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 14 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Put my wonderful girl down today. She was almost 17 and one of my best friends. Been with with me for years through some really bad times and was always just a strong and wonderful presence.

I'm going to miss you girl. Fuck this sucks.

r2YxdCD.jpg
Death and the Dog.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we had a party one night, like 10 people over nbd, and at about midnight this cat walked into the living room. We gave it some tuna and a bath, and it fell asleep in my arms and I was like well god dammit I guess I have a cat now. Then we took it to the vet in the morning, and the vet was like, shoot she's pregnant, gonna pop 'em out in about a month. So now we have three cats, that was about a couple years ago.
cuddling.png

sleeping.png

tiny.png

• 4Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fenced in backyard peeps, do y'all splurge and get an official pooper scooper or what?
It's getting out of hand and my shovel went missing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fuu just got the call, our 12 year lab has bone cancer. Heavy limp but not lame yet, still eating drinking pooping just fine. Doc says probably has a few decent months left.

• 4Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fenced in backyard peeps, do y'all splurge and get an official pooper scooper or what?
It's getting out of hand and my shovel went missing.
funny this just came up, when i moved in the summer, i recommended my neighbor install this
Doggie Dooley 3000 Septic-Tank-Style Pet-Waste Disposal System problem is now that it's snowing and cold, doesn't seem to be decomposing much, seems he didn't install it deep enough, but he's not gonna dig that shit out lol, and he does have the pooper scooper

i'd recommend this Flexrake Standard Poop Pet Scoop/Spade with 3-Feet Aluminum Handle

over the jaw type, cuz the poop, especially if it's wet or sticky, will stick to the jaws and you end up banging that shit on the ground, then it won't do nuttin, then you end up banging it on the pavement and chipping it and turning the hose on it full blast.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
On Saturday we were in the backyard and I threw a toy for my dog. She planted her back legs to start running, yelped immediately, and wouldn't put weight on her back left leg. Thought for sure she either dislocated something or tore a ligament in her knee.

It's been 3 days and she's now putting weight on it though, which is a good sign. We took her to the emergency vet the same day and didn't really learn anything we didn't already know. So we decided we'd wait a week to see how she's doing.

The biggest problem is she seems to be deathly afraid of the grass now. We were worried because she wasn't peeing, but it turns out the issue is less about putting weight on the leg while squatting, and more that the fucking grass is an asshole apparently.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
My Nubbins, little doggie fur fella had been coughing a lot. I worried that he had developed asthma or a heart issue. He had not, but he does have a collapsing trachea. He is too old for surgery so he is being treated with prednisone.
He's better but eventually the steroid will stop helping and he will be miserable. :(

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Can you guys post most happy dog shit and less "my dog is sick and dying" dog shit.

I'll even take more "what do I do about my dogs shit".

Thanks.

• 2Solidarity

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
My dog poops in the basement when it's cold. He poops in the hallway when he is mad at me.
I don't mind because his poop is super easy to clean and he can get happy in the same fur pants in which he got mad.
*edit ...and the little prick is on my lap as I keyed this. He is spoiled fucking rotten.

• 2Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This is Ampersand, or Ampy for short. She's a wonderful cat, and also a murderous monster. We use a dry erase on our fridge to track her confirmed kills. 2016 she had 74, 2017 she had 80. These are the kills we've either found the remnants of, or seen before she ate them. I'm sure there's more. Her best single week score was 10 kills, including 3 in one night. AMP stands for Ampy Murder Points. I took the second picture two weeks ago, before erasing the board as she got her first kill of '18.

There's nothing like seeing her crushing a skull in her mouth, and being inside 10 minutes later snuggling like the gentlest creature who has ever lived. She's the best!

e5Phk22.jpg

eJxFTe7.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
After our dog Ziva passed, my parents decided on a quick day trip from MD to visit me up in NY and they decided to bring our other dog, Chase, with them. His longest car trip prior to this was only about an hour or so when my dad first picked up Ziva and him from the shelter. He handled the six hour trip like a champ, got to enjoy all kinds of scenery, and was incredibly confused but happy to see me and my BF at the end of the trip at our apartment. He also got introduced to our cat, Sansa. Really wasn't sure how well this was going to go as Chase is a decent sized dog at 55lbs, he isn't socialized at all and is extremely high energy. I figured Sansa would probably just go hide under the bed for the duration of the visit, but I was wrong!

We brought in Chase, and I got Sansa's attention with her bag of treats and laid some down just as she caught the first sight of Chase. Naturally, she had the biggest "wtf is that" face I've ever seen on her, but she didn't run and instead slowly picked up the treats I put down and got to sniffing towards Chase. Chase pretty much just acknowledged Sansa's presence and kept an eye on her but other than that didn't really have much of a reaction, which is super unusual from him since even the fakest looking animals on TV make him go ballistic.

After some cautious sniffing and staring, Sansa eventually laid down near Chase and started doing her adorable cat shit like rolling around on her back, staring at you upside down, wiggling her tum at you, etc. Then she started slowing reaching and dragging herself along the floor closer and closer to Chase and got within a couple inches of him. And then they fell asleep and took a nap next to each other like that, and I was too busy d'awwing to take a damn pic.

Overall, parents and pup were over for about an hour and a half or so and we had no incidents at all. Sansa never felt she needed to go retreat to the bedroom and Chase was well-behaved the whole time. The BF and I have been considering getting a second cat recently, but I've been a little hung up worrying about how Sansa would react to having another animal in the apartment. After this, I feel a little bit better, even though I know it's not the same as introducing her to another cat, but she only ever showed curiosity and friendliness after getting thrown in with another creature with absolutely no introduction. I'm hoping when we do find a second cat to bring home, with some actual proper introduction and setup, it'll go without too many issues.

Chase thankfully is doing well despite Ziva being gone. He had a rough first week where he would wander the house looking for her and was much lower energy than usual, but his spirit's coming back and he's playing with my parents again. We'd been worried since the two were pretty much attached at the hip, but Ziva was always the more independent of the two and we weren't sure how Chase would handle being alone. Our little girl came home a few days ago and now has her spot on the hearth next to our old dog, Furlough. Going to try and get together as many pics as I can find and send them down to my parents so they can find a good one to put in her frame. We'd gotten the usual sympathy card from the vet hospital, but the main vet who worked with Ziva also gave us a lovely hand written note saying what a wonderful dog Ziva was whenever she saw her for her many appointments and how sorry she was that she couldn't save her.

Hopefully that was some happier shit. Also Ampersand looks like a badass cat.

• 1Solidarity

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Rescued another cat a while back, this is what it turned into after a few months of warmth and food.

Don't have the "before" pictures available but they weren't pretty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users