He's a bit bigger now

ljzWqn4.jpg

wRazoYE.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I find this to be an acceptable balance between cost and quality for me.

Amazon.com : Taste of the Wild, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula with Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon, Net Wt 15 Lbs : Dry Pet Food : Pet Supplies

Clearly not Orijen quality, but for the cost it is pretty decent. I actually get it a little cheaper at a local feed store.

This is the brand we use for my two dogs and they love it. There's better quality stuff out there for sure, but yeah for cost/quality it's a pretty nice middle ground.

My cat is currently on the Purina One indoor formula, which I only stuck with for now because she was on that brand as a kitten in her foster home and she transitioned to it easily. I tried to switch her over to Wegman's Nature grain-free food, but her stomach didn't seem to like it much, even with only putting a few bits of kibble in with the rest of her normal food. Might give it a try again now that she's stable on her new food and her wet food as well (took a while to find which wet foods she was okay with). Might try to order some TotW as well if this doesn't work.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two weeks in and dog has been perfect fit.
Soft fluffy and loveable

IMG_20171002_074130.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nuttin

Silver Squire
I got a problem with my dog.

18402878_10155209405653808_2687190498096102868_n.jpg

So some 3 years ago, the kids and wife were nagging about getting a dog, having grown up with one myself, I knew that just having a dog isnt as simple as it sounds, because no matter what weather there is, the dog has to be let out for a walk , also I wanted a bigger dog but had to yield on that cause at the time my kids were 10 and 12 and a bigger dog would mean that I would be the only one who could take him out for a walk as my wife at that time felt intimidated by bigger dogs, now I would really liked to have a Mastiff, but we got this one for free from some relatives on my wife's side of the family.

Regardless of his size, I am the one that takes the dog for a walk 2-3 times / day nowadays (and my 2 kids and wife actually argues about who will take him for 1 walk) , couldn´t see that one comming....

It's a mix between chiwawa and papillon.

It is actually a really fun dog, easy to teach new stuff, always happy and a great watch dog, but has a major flaw, the previous owners, I guess, didnt invest the time needed to make him, not piss inside the house (dont know the word for it in english) , but for some unknown reason he only does that once the whole family goes to sleep?

He doesnt do that while we are awake or when we are away from the house?

So I have bought a dog diaper, which he pisses right through as the diaper are more for dogs who has like a small leakage (havent found any that takes care of the problem entirely) , our dog really empties his blather, so I use a sanitary napkin inside the diaper and that helps, still the diaper is damp in the mornings and if he has been laying on a rug, it reeks of dog piss (it has a most peculiar smell)

He also doesnt do it every single night, generally speaking about 3 times a week, happy as fuck also when the diaper is dry in the morning, hides under the bed when its not.

I have tried to contain him in a room which have no furniture or rugs, that made him howl through the night.

I have been to the vet, nothing wrong with him.

I do not know what to do, except carry on with this stupid shit, taking him out of the equation which has crossed my mind on several occassions, isnt an option.

Anyone have any idea on how to proceed?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
97A94D0C-157E-4320-8D4A-51D01E7C4021.jpeg

This is Orion. He was a shelter cat but had some Maine Coon in him. Back in September he starting drooling and acting very odd. We took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with heart disease and kidney issues. Sadly he passed away a couple days later. He was my first pet. I grew up with cats and a family dog but Orion was the first pet that I picked out and took care of on my own. He was only 9 when he passed.

55DBC754-595F-49BB-A830-490FC01B8852.jpeg

This is Sir William II (aka Willie). My wife and I got him last week after giving ourselves time to mourn Orion. He’s a seal point Himalayan kitten. After adopting 3 shelter cats we decided to get him. He’s a bundle of energy and tons of fun. Super fuzzy and playful.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We took in a stray with one eye and a broken jaw and just generally a mess. Here is the picture the vet is using to raise money to fix the poor thing. My daughter is totally in love with it.

22218400_1504109056348650_7802894570979020030_o.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ugh, my ~10 year old cat has a bloody anus. first time it's happened since i adopted her 5 years ago. could be no big deal but i'm worried. gonna scrape together money to go to the vet i guess.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ugh, my ~10 year old cat has a bloody anus. first time it's happened since i adopted her 5 years ago. could be no big deal but i'm worried. gonna scrape together money to go to the vet i guess.
Look at the poop and make sure it's not worms

Oldbased

> Than U
Look at the poop and make sure it's not worms
Worms usually won't give them bloody assholes but can be in the poop itself. One of my cats goes in bloody shits time to time and I've had her checked out 4 times and it wasn't parasites nor infection. After 1-2 weeks her shits return to normal and months to a year goes by and she has it all over again. Like visible blood in the stool. Thankfully a fecal exam is only like $15 where I go and rules out most things. Most vets charge way more though. Bayer makes drontal which also sells a genericish drontal 3 pills for $15 on Amazon( or like $20-30 at Petsmart ). I've noticed if any of mine get fleas I have to treat them all with dewormer due to them sharing litter boxes.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
One of my dogs, Ziva, who lives with my parents suddenly stopped eating a few weeks ago. Since then, she's been in and out of the vet with them first thinking she had a sour stomach, then to thinking she had some sort of blockage, then doing exploratory surgery on her and finding nothing, giving her some steroids, etc. When she finally came home, she started eating again a little bit. My parents had made her some ground beef and some slices of chicken and turkey, trying to give her the tastiest stuff they could since she won't eat her regular food or the stuff that the vet sent her home with.

The steroids have seemed to worn off, though, and she's no longer eating again so she's back at the vet and it's not looking good. She's lost about 16 pounds now from a starting weight of 55 and the vets are baffled as to what's wrong with her, other than possibly some form of IBS or a canine version of Crohn's.

I last got to see her over Thanksgiving since I live a few states away and don't get to travel down to MD to visit much. I just started my new job today now and have no PTO to use in case the worst happens and now I wonder if I'll get to see my sweet girl again. Our other dog, Chase, who is always incredibly energetic has just been low energy and wandering the house confused with her being away. The two were littermates and have only been separated one time outside of now in the past almost 7 years. We don't know what he'll do if she's gone.

LYNkhGk.jpg
Uk9DEtI.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Our mail carrier ran over my mom's 16 year old dog the day before Christmas eve. It wasn't our regular mail carrier who carries treats for the dogs so they always run out to meet them but this cunt just dropped off the mail, jumped back in her pickup and ran the dog over with both sets of wheels. She didn't stop even though my Mom and brother were both standing in the driveway and watched it happen. Zero chance she didn't know she did it either since it was a 60 pound dog and you don't drive over something like that with both wheels and not notice it.

He got up and walked about 50 yards and then collapsed. Died about 20 minutes later on the kitchen floor in Mom's house.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Our mail carrier ran over my mom's 16 year old dog the day before Christmas eve. It wasn't our regular mail carrier who carries treats for the dogs so they always run out to meet them but this cunt just dropped off the mail, jumped back in her pickup and ran the dog over with both sets of wheels. She didn't stop even though my Mom and brother were both standing in the driveway and watched it happen. Zero chance she didn't know she did it either since it was a 60 pound dog and you don't drive over something like that with both wheels and not notice it.

He got up and walked about 50 yards and then collapsed. Died about 20 minutes later on the kitchen floor in Mom's house.

Man that's fucking tragic. I hope you filed a complaint and/or at least tracked this bitch down.