Pets

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I love animals, especially cats, but I have no desire to own any at this point. Knowing that they will eventually get sick, old, and die makes me nope out of that.

I have some backyard squirrels I feed and I get enjoyment out of that. There's no real attachment since they all look alike so if one gets run over by a car you wouldn't know!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I love animals, especially cats, but I have no desire to own any at this point. Knowing that they will eventually get sick, old, and die makes me nope out of that.

I have some backyard squirrels I feed and I get enjoyment out of that. There's no real attachment since they all look alike so if one gets run over by a car you wouldn't know!

That's what makes pets so special. They die, we die, we're just hanging out together keeping eachother company as we go through life. Yeah, it's really rough when things go wrong and we have to lose them or watch them suffer, but we also get a lot of good times in as well.

Two years ago I lost a cat that I had for 14 years:

z - Copy.jpg

and it was rough, especially as I was dealing with cancer at the time, and then and shortly after, my mother passed away. Instead of having her cat put down, I took her in, and she serves as a way to stay connected to the memory of my mother. She's also just a really fucking awesome cat, despite the fact that she eats her own fur and pukes on the carpet every so often.

h - Copy.jpg

Live, love, mourn. It's what life is about.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The first few viewings I didn't see the pill. Thought it was just some odd trick, push your thumb into the back of their mouth to make them gag.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not a furry, man. My butt injections are 100% on humans!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was in the mall and passed by a petland, saw the cutest little corgi, jeezus christ 3k for this bitch?

guess i'll just go craigs list or whatever

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
maybe it's douchey of me, but i always kind of look down on people that shell out a bunch of money for a purebred dog.

there's so many good dogs in the shelter that need a home. and mutts are often healthier and live longer, due to hybrid vigor.

and especially certain dog breeds, the breeding of them is almost a form of animal cruelty i'd say. so many breeds have serious physical problems from being so deformed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe it's douchey of me, but i always kind of look down on people that shell out a bunch of money for a purebred dog.

there's so many good dogs in the shelter that need a home. and mutts are often healthier and live longer, due to hybrid vigor.

and especially certain dog breeds, the breeding of them is almost a form of animal cruelty i'd say. so many breeds have serious physical problems from being so deformed.
and it's pretty damn racist!

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
i was in the mall and passed by a petland, saw the cutest little corgi, jeezus christ 3k for this bitch?

guess i'll just go craigs list or whatever

Corgi's are insanely expensive. 3k from a puppy store seems about right.

I got my guy from a breeder for $600. Dude was a runt and no paperwork or shit but I'm not taking him to shows or anything so I'll take the savings.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure my dog could be an internet meme. She's got a Gene Simmons level tongue.

LuciTongue.jpg
LuciCloseUp.jpg
LuciBody.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

100% agree.

Then you go adopt a mutt and discover theyre asking $400-$600.

Whatever route you take, the culture of spending around pets is fucking dumb. Mutt puppies should be literally free, they cost nothing to produce. You have to actively take steps and spend money to AVOID producing them.

And people make fun of me for spending $30 on a fish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
100% agree.

Then you go adopt a mutt and discover theyre asking $400-$600.

Whatever route you take, the culture of spending around pets is fucking dumb. Mutt puppies should be literally free, they cost nothing to produce. You have to actively take steps and spend money to AVOID producing them.

And people make fun of me for spending $30 on a fish.
whats annoying is ppl use the

"rehoming fee"

and yea my friend used to volunteer as a husky rehabber is like 500bucks

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
This summer my sister, who had two house dogs and four coon dogs asked me to dog sit one of the house dogs. They were going out of town with another couple, one house dog was a puppy and went with them, the coon dogs went to another hunter's house, I took care of fluffball.
He is my dog now, I told her I was keeping him. Her husband didn't really like him (dumbass) and I love him. He is a 6 yr. old Maltese mix with the worst breath ever and I love him.
He was named Gizmo but I call him Gizmodo or Gizzard or Little Boy. He doesn't care what I call him as long as I always share my cheese with him.♡

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This summer my sister, who had two house dogs and four coon dogs asked me to dog sit one of the house dogs. They were going out of town with another couple, one house dog was a puppy and went with them, the coon dogs went to another hunter's house, I took care of fluffball.
He is my dog now, I told her I was keeping him. Her husband didn't really like him (dumbass) and I love him. He is a 6 yr. old Maltese mix with the worst breath ever and I love him.
He was named Gizmo but I call him Gizmodo or Gizzard or Little Boy. He doesn't care what I call him as long as I always share my cheese with him.♡

I think I solved the mystery :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user