Phantasy Star Online 2

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, Microsoft made Windows 10 and now it's remaking a game you run on Windows 10. The fact that it is retarded is not surprising.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game is kind of garbage. Gonna uninstall

For those that also have this reaction just know this game would be like knowning nothing about EQ live and trying to play that right now, this is a 8 or so year old MMO that plays more like an action co-op RPG with tab targeting. If you don't like tab targeting pick a ranged class and hit Z to turn it into a third person shooter. Not going to say play it until you get to the end game but if you aren't willing to put up with some rough edges and do a deep dive you are going to bounce off this hard.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You can't survive this game solo. You need a strong alliance in the end game. If you try and do any of the hard shit for gear you'll die in pugs. Most end game content is 3 groups of 4 that need to know what they are doing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For those that also have this reaction just know this game would be like knowning nothing about EQ live and trying to play that right now, this is a 8 or so year old MMO that plays more like an action co-op RPG with tab targeting. If you don't like tab targeting pick a ranged class and hit Z to turn it into a third person shooter. Not going to say play it until you get to the end game but if you aren't willing to put up with some rough edges and do a deep dive you are going to bounce off this hard.
Yeah I knew what I was getting into but hoped.id like it in my older age. Nope

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yo I'm playing this. For anyone taht starts, throw up Rexie Rabbit for the character that referred you so i get some free shit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I knew what I was getting into but hoped.id like it in my older age. Nope
I mean, if it had fluid combat within the environment (if it was flat, it would), and graphics that didn't look like they came straight out of the Dreamcast era, with itemization as convoluted as a Japanese game could be with arbitrary, undefined stats, pointless load screens, and effectively smashing buttons to kill nameless, nonintuitive monsters... Yeah, this game could be great. In 2005.

I played the shit out of PSO on the original Dreamcast. This is literally the same thing with more annoying aspects.

I'd rather play group DDR with a bunch of 40 year olds.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All I know is, the performance is terrible in the lobby. Extremely herky-jerky. What the hell.
It's models popping in/out, it's optimized extremely poorly. My PC is brand new and turning up the amount of detailed models makes the lobby go to a crawl. Actual action is perfect obviously. Especially because the environments are barren and generic

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So I encountered this:
"People are getting faulty installations of the game where even if it installs and you can run it, if you close it and try running it again i won't launch.

Worse, if you try deleting and reinstalling, it will only delete the launcher which is about 11GB and will leave about 50GB behind in a hidden, untouchable folder. If you ignore it and try reinstalling it will not write over this data but instead duplicate it, so your hard drive will soon be out of 100GB of space.

You have to do some major fucking around in order to brute force your admin privileges in order to delete it."

Not too terrible to allow permissions but yeah, fucking stupid.
This is the problem I'm having. And it infuriates me that I, THE ADMINISTRATOR, cannot access the folder contents without fucking around with permissions. I'm deleting the entire WindowsApp folder and not caring anymore.

Why can't I just run a 'setup.exe' like a normal program?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wait until you see Valorants vanguard anti cheat. Runs at ring 0 and you can't do anything about it except uninstall it

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm really lucky, I've had no issues with this (so far!) but I've been hearing horror stories.

The game is really good, I think, but it's definately got issues, and it's definately an old-school grindy, really basic mess of a game. But I like that stuff, so I'm a masochist I guess.

I joined some random alliance but if foh has one, let me know I'll join you guys.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I can run with you if you are on ship 2. You get a 10% bonus to everything for each person in your party. Run a 100% triboost and we can level a group fast.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sadly, I'm on Ship 3. It seems like EVERYONE is on Ship 2.

This is a great video, lots in here I didn't know and I'm already level 64.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
aight think i got it, only thing is when it downloaded the launcher it didnt ask me where i wanted to install it... so its on my SSD RN but i dont think ill have enough space for the full game...

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So windows store blows goats and fucks up the game. Use pso tweaker to bypass the windows store to run the game perfect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Can't get over how dogshit Windows store is, has so far uninstalled my game by itself twice. Haven't had these problems with another mmorpg and am not doing anything weird / this PC is like a month old.

E: if I can get over the tech mess I'm also on ship 2, playing Hu/Fi

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This is a summary of mess:

TL;DW: "No biggie, we'll fix that in 10 days. It's not a pressing issue after all if you can't play, it's F2P LOL."

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the actual problem is the windows smartscreen filter for apps? If the app on the store and the app on your PC are different sizes it deletes the app. And the app is always a different size because the first thing it does after the original 11gb download is download another like 60gb. So you get to watch your game uninstall in real time as you are playing and dialogue/audio go away bit by bit.