Phantasy Star Online 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
my newest issue after another fresh install....

psofuckme.png

psofucksmeeee.png

keeps asking me to install that shit even tho the game is already installed and ive done this 3 times today

its installed... as you can see

Jesus fuck i finally got it to work

psofuckingmeee.png

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
how they botched the launch of an 8 year old game is beyond baffling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can tell you right now tecknoe has the thirst of someone I've never seen because after the first botched install I'd never play again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can tell you right now tecknoe has the thirst of someone I've never seen because after the first botched install I'd never play again

I dunno man, I agree his thirst is real but there is a thread in our forum devoted to people trying to rebuild Vanguard from the ground up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So me and a friend were gonna lan party this all weekend.

Thurs night I log out of game, shut down pc and windows does an update. No biggie. I take pc upstairs with my friends boot up and launch game. Launcher comes up, click start game, stuff happens but game never appears. Troubleshoot it nothing I do seems to work. End up uninstalling it all and reinstalling it and that fixed it. Lots of manual deleting of files though. Tweaker never fixed my issue.

Then fri morning friend and I start the gaming session and on his pc the launcher icon does nothing when he clicks it. Nothing shows. He tries tweaker no go. He then starts getting an error that a link isn't found when he tries to launch. He then does every single thing in tweaker and game finally launches but in japanese. He picked na version. So he says fuck it, uninstalls it, deletes pso2bin folder and then tries to redownload from windows store. "Error" is all he gets because it thinks it's still downloaded (the 11gb downloads in like 5 seconds). He tries to delete it out of windows apps but that folder is so protected that theres no way he can get permissions to change it he even gets access denied using psexec and as system account. It's just fucked. He has no choice but to reset pc which he does. He then redownload game and all is well and works fine.

The fact that this game made it to the west because of Microsoft, but at the same time Microsoft bungled this mess beyond any reasonable measure is completely inexcusable. There isn't even a proper uninstall that removes the game, it only ever removes the 11gb.

If this game wasnt so fun I'd throw this shit in the garbage. It's a shame that this thing is suffering due to these unacceptable issues.

This is why people still like consoles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is literally the only game I've heard of with this problem for as far back as I can remember

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This is literally the only game I've heard of with this problem for as far back as I can remember

Gears of war on the windows store was a piece of shit as well with install bugs and errors. The main issue is that windows does not let you into the windows apps folder to delete folders there. Theres NO WAY to do so. In my friends case that's what we needed.

The system and store thought the game was gone but it wasnt and it could not be manually deleted.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've only installed outer world's from the store. Now I gotta check that pso2 uninstalled though

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I had to reload Windows 10 on my system. Decided to reinstall PSO2 because, who knows, maybe I had something funky going on with my Windows installation. So, reinstalled Win10 fresh...latest drivers, etc. Clean as whistle. Installed PSO2 and *same* fucking problem. Installation goes corrupt after the first time playing.

So, yeah, fuck this game and fuck Windows store. Never again.

And as others have mentioned, even though I 'uninstalled' the game (icon is gone), there is still 60gigs hiding away in that WindowsApp folder. I had to change ownership to it and all subfolders to delete the shit.

Last edited:

Milrop

Trakanon Raider
For those who don’t know, PSO2 Tweaker completely bypasses the Windows Store now for both installation and running the game. I haven’t had any issues since doing my last install through the Tweaker launcher.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
■Important Notice
・ARKS Boost Rally Underway!
  Clear all ARKS Boost Rally quests with an A rank or above to boost drop rates for those quests' Rare Drop, EXP Earned, and Meseta Earned.
Also, boost percentages will increase upon clearing high-difficulty quests.
We hope to see you in the ARKS League!

・Sonic Birthday 2020
  Available from June 17, 12:00 AM(PDT)to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
 ・Items will be presented to users who typed “Gotta Go Fast” in the in-game chat during the Campaign Period.
  ・Sonic Mask B x1
  ・Amy Mask B x1
  ・Station Square x1
  ・SG 20 Ticket x1
  ・SEGA Logo Sticker B x1
  ・SEGA Light B x1

■Urgent Quest Schedule
 Please refer to the official page for more details.
 Phantasy Star Online 2

■Campaign
 ・Urgent Quest Campaign
  Available from June 17, 12:00 AM (PDT) to June 30, 11:59 PM (PDT)
 ・Items will be presented to those who cleared any of the Urgent Quests 5 times during the Campaign Period.
  ・SG 20 Ticket x1
 ・Items will be presented to those who cleared any of the Urgent Quests 10 times during the Campaign Period.
  ・SG 20 Ticket x1
 ・Items will be presented to those who cleared any of the Urgent Quests 15 times during the Campaign Period.
  ・AC Scratch Ticket x1

・Enhance Login Campaign
  Available from June 17, 1:00 AM (PDT)to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
 ・Items will be presented every day for logging in during the Campaign Period.
   ・Grinder x10
   ・Lambda Grinder x3

・Enhance Campaign
 Available from June 17, 12:00 AM (PDT)to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
 ・Items will be presented to those who enhanced their weapon at least 1 time during the Campaign Period.
  ・Half Scape Doll x5
  ・Angel Feather x1
 ・Items will be presented to those who enhanced their unit at least 1 time during the Campaign Period.
  ・Rare Drop Rate +250% x5
  ・Evolution Device: Red Puyo x1
 ・Items will be presented to those who enhanced their Affix Augment at least 1 time during the Campaign Period.
  ・Triboost +100% x5
  ・Angel Halo x1

・Mission Pass Campaign
  From the end of maintenance on June 10 to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
  ・Players who completed Normal Tier 4 of Mission Pass (Season 4) during the Campaign Period will receive:
  ・Triboost +100% x1
  ・Players who completed Normal Tier 8 of Mission Pass (Season 4) during the Campaign Period will receive:
  ・Triboost +100% x1

・Party Play Campaign
  Available from June 10, 12:00 AM (PDT)to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
  ・Players who clear the quest 3 times or more with a party consisting of 2 or more players during the Campaign Period will receive:
  ・SG 20 Ticket x1
  ・Players who clear the quest 5 times or more with a party consisting of 2 or more players during the Campaign Period will receive:
  ・Photon X Wings x1

・Clear Story Quest Campaign
  From May 27, 1:00 AM (PDT)to June 23, 11:00 PM (PDT)
  ・Everyone who cleared Sinister Naberius in Episode 1 Chapter 4: Broken Cosmogenic Arms will receive:
  ・SG20 Ticket x1
  ・Everyone who cleared Final Goodbye in Episode 1 Chapter 10: The Idol and Rampaging Dragon will receive:
  ・Vampiric Wing Cape: Black
  ・Everyone who cleared Spinning a New History in Episode 2 Chapter 2: To Change History will receive:
  ・SG20 Ticket x1
  ・Everyone who cleared The Reason for My Birth in Episode 2 Chapter 5: The Reason I was Born will receive:
  ・366: Ready Spellbook

■PSO2 Day
  From June 22, 1:00 AM (PDT)to June 23, 1:00 AM (PDT)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
And finished..

1592701593824.png

1592702380143.png

1592702403138.png

Few pointers that could have made this 3 times faster that I never knew about and kinda discovered myself or over time grouped with others. If you're starting off and you want to do 75 to everything. It only covers leveling and not things like mags, etc.

Most important thing to note -- EXP Boots +50% and Triboost +50% (and +100% versions) are plentiful. No need to not use these unless you know you wont be getting exp that much. Get alliance EXP buff as often as reasonable. Get concert buff when you can (It's another 25% triboost). Most important note is that EVERYTHING stacks. EXP Boost stacks with Triboost which stats with alliance buff which stacks with concert buff. Having all of these on will make exp fly.

1. Start with a Ranger/Hunter. Level to 40 or so as best you can. Just use a launcher, no need to use the rifle and never need to use a gunblade. Get ranger to 75 (And hunter will get to 55). Get a Shooting Drive launcher from the unique badge shop for 400 badges once you max ranger. Work on +30ing this over time.
2. Change subclass to everything else and level each one to at least 40 (But 45+ recommended) through VHAQFFs. In other words, Ranger/Summoner, Ranger/Techter, Ranger/Fighter, etc etc.
3. Once everything is at least 40, then start maining those classes, and subbing ranger. Just continue to use the shooting drive when you can. It only requires 450 dex, which should not be overly difficult to obtain.
4. Your goal is basically set to run the very hard difficulty Advance Directive: Floating Facility (aka VHAQFF).
5. Goal is to basically get a PSE burst and in a good party, you should be able to get at least 1-2 full levels per run assuming you have at least 1 burst. I was in a great group today and I got 7 levels in one run in the late 50s/early 60s.
6. If your group is shit just leave. A good group will fight together, mag chain correctly, know when the burst is coming (Lv 8) and always run to a corner or correct area for the burst.

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone able to dig upp some info on this game? not to keepp cryign like a baby, but there no guides to follow, a weak tutorial

spending 30 mionutes on google.com searchhing forwhere can i find so n so monster

really fucks the vibe up the gamei had going

also just did my firsdst 5 story missions and it lead me to another one where i have to mee the ladyc doctorin the shopping ccenter but i couldent find her

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
can someone explain to me how i get lambda grinders? need 16 for my ring only came about 3 of em so far randomly...

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
can someone explain to me how i get lambda grinders? need 16 for my ring only came about 3 of em so far randomly...

I can help with most of what you need. The best way that I know of atm to get Lambda Grinders is to turn in 3 tier 12 weapons into the swap shop. Each time you run an exceptionally hard magetsu you'll probably get at least 6 of these (assuming you run 4x first phase and the second phase). You can get them from the fresh finds store for 900k each but this is stupid overpriced, since you can buy tier 12 weapons from the market (Sigmas) for as low as 20k each so each grinder is about 60k.

Also the current login campaign, you get 10 grinders and 3 lambda per day by checking the visiphone and claiming it. You also get 3 per day for doing dailies.

Last edited: