Phobia of flying...what to take?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To relax you, drink or join the mile high club. Maybe even the solo flyers group if jacking off relaxes you.

But for your fear of putting yourself in someone else's hands. You need you some jesus, bro. You just have to accept if it's not your time to die, everything will be OK. If it is, then no matter where you are you're going to die.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dealing with the TSA and airport normally 10x worse than anything that can/will happen on a plane. Fly first class to start off with, even a short relatively inexpensive flight and work your way down to lower cost. Lot less stress, not just related to the flying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Take a laxative. You won't have a mind towards freaking out if you're destroying the toilet. But even if you do cause a disturbance they will have to ignore you and act like everything is fine unless they want to try subduing a 300 pound poop volcano.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ativan

Make sure the doc knows how much based on weight before it makes you too relaxed.

They gave me 3 doses of this...

Gentlemen. If I die. Use this as my last will and testament.

To Noodle I leave my extensive sneaker collection. Wear them well my friend. Wear them well...
To Nola I leave my action figures and 43" 4K monitor. Plus my parts for the new PC I would have completed if all the parts arrived today. And some Timbs. You need Timbs.

Brekk...You need a better keyboard. I leave 10 mechanical keyboards.

That crazy chick...forget her name. I leave you some HD 800's. Plus a WA6 to power them. And my punch down. Krone and 110 blades included.

Rest of you guys roll on the rest of my white/blue gear. Action figure, prints, lightsabers...

• 2Worf

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I've had a phobia of air travel after a spooky incident that happened during landing approach at TF Green. It started out as just being batshit scared every time I took a flight (was flying to and from the States 3+ times a year), and evolved into the full blown deal. Panic attacks in the middle of boarding, getting my seat changed to the front of the aircraft so I didn't disturb quite so many people. It's embarassing but after a certain point there's not much you can do to control it. Actually paid to go to a hypnotist when medications weren't working. Didn't work.

Things like Ativan and Xanax are risky. Xanax is well-known for causing paradoxical effects. The first few times I took it mellowed me out slightly, but after that point the higher doses actually made it worse. Would not recommend any sort've sleep aid or tranquilizer, especially if you haven't taken it before and aren't familiar with the effect it'll have on you.

It's probably different for a guy, but my phobia was enough for special treatment. One time I got moved to the row infront of the jump seats. Didn't have a credit card to pay for it, but the stewardesses kept giving me alcohol to keep me quiet. Was particularly shitfaced by the time we landed but it worked out better than being sober and hysterical.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I used to have this issue (I had a fear if heights for a long time and never flew until my 30s), but the wife and I usually fly first class and I just slam some booze, put on the headset, and pass out to my tunes. If you have to fly coach, the rear of the plane is preferable (if you can deal with the long time on the plane) in my opinion for a couple reasons. Its close to the bathroom. That part of the plane has less noise and rocks less in transit. If you do start to freak, you won't have a bunch of rubbernecks staring at you or you tubing it. Finally, there is zero chance of some asshole bashing the back of your seat all flight.

Hope that helps. Maybe get sauced at the airport bar before boarding, too, if you find liquid courage to be effective for you in these situations.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Or, don't be a pussy alcoholic and trust in the miracle of flight.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
The back of an airplane does not get rocked less than others, FYI. If you want to decrease that you would want to sit nearest the plane's center of gravity which I believe would be just ahead of the wings but I forget exactly.

I too had a fear of flying but actually researching all the safety checks and shit that goes into flying helped me a lot somewhere along the way.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I recommend LSD or mushrooms if you're a hippy. Peyote if you're Native American. Good luck.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I fly at least weekly, and the stress of it wears off pretty quickly. I'm guessing if you force yourself to do it a few times you will lose the largest portion of your fear. Man up, do it, and you'll get through it.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had never flown until a few months back, and I was pretty anxious about it. General fear of super high heights, falling to my death, etc etc. Ended up on a tiny ass plane from SoCal to San Fran, seated like 60 people or something. Was during winter so a shitload of gnarly wind coming up the coast as well as constant rain at both places. Definitely added to the anxiety. Literally, I started to get a bit nervous once we took off almost immediately, and then the turbulence started and the plane was kind of rocking the entire flight. Would have probably lost my lunch except I noticed that effectively -nobody- was even remotely worried about any of it. Middle aged white dudes in business casual just reading books on their tablets and having casual conversation the entire time.

Immediately took 90% of the edge off and I basically spent the hour flight just checking out the wonders of air travel. It was a little bit anxiety-promoting as we were coming in for a landing and the turbulence kicked up a tad and the pilot had to readjust and come back in, and I noticed immediately that we flew out towards the ocean, but even then the majority of the plane was just like "business as usual" the entire time.

When the frequent fliers are acting all concerned and shit, I would worry. But if everyone looks like they're just chillin? Sit back and relax.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Maybe take a few really short flights to help get over the fear. A lot of commuter type flights are under an hour. Doing it on a longer flight may lose it's appeal pretty quick.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fly at least weekly, and the stress of it wears off pretty quickly. I'm guessing if you force yourself to do it a few times you will lose the largest portion of your fear. Man up, do it, and you'll get through it.

Very much this. Was in the same boat where I'd flown maybe once in 5-10 years, then had to take 10 business trips in 3 months. Discovered southwest has inflight TV through a free website, watched shark tank on each flight, started looking forward to it.

• 1Like

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
My ex was shit scared of flying to the point where she would crush my hand with a death grip during take off and landing and quietly weep to herself during turbulence or otherwise bumpy flights. Yet we would take 6 - 12 hour flights at least twice every year as she loves Vegas and the US and she would willingly put herself through it to get there, no matter how much if a headache it was for me sitting beside her trying to keep her chilled. If she can do that, anyone can in my book.

The upshot was I could talk her into getting some vallies from the doctor before going which provided me with my in flight entertainment.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
People can have full on panic attacks. They require desensitization and anxiolytics. Where are you, Vanderhoof Vanderhoof ?? What would be best for Brahma?

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
First of all, a fear of flying is very common, so you aren't crazy to be concerned. It is important to keep in mind that there are hundreds of flights daily and the chances of something bad happening are astronomically small.

Without knowing your full medical history, Ativan would be my first choice for benzo because it is easier on your liver. When did your doc say to take it? Grounding techniques are helpful if you begin to feel panic:

Taking Control of Panic Attacks

No matter how bad it seems up there, remember the plane is going to land soon and you're going to walk off. After you survive the first flight, be sure to remember that you made it through the first time if you start to feel nervous about flight home.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I've had a phobia of air travel after a spooky incident that happened during landing approach at TF Green. It started out as just being batshit scared every time I took a flight (was flying to and from the States 3+ times a year), and evolved into the full blown deal. Panic attacks in the middle of boarding, getting my seat changed to the front of the aircraft so I didn't disturb quite so many people. It's embarassing but after a certain point there's not much you can do to control it. Actually paid to go to a hypnotist when medications weren't working. Didn't work.

Things like Ativan and Xanax are risky. Xanax is well-known for causing paradoxical effects. The first few times I took it mellowed me out slightly, but after that point the higher doses actually made it worse. Would not recommend any sort've sleep aid or tranquilizer, especially if you haven't taken it before and aren't familiar with the effect it'll have on you.

It's probably different for a guy, but my phobia was enough for special treatment. One time I got moved to the row infront of the jump seats. Didn't have a credit card to pay for it, but the stewardesses kept giving me alcohol to keep me quiet. Was particularly shitfaced by the time we landed but it worked out better than being sober and hysterical.

Well dammit,next time I fly I'm acting crazy. Free booze.

iannis

Musty Nester

Well dammit,next time I fly I'm acting crazy. Free booze.

• 2Worf

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
You better practice crying like a bitch, then. Don't know if you've ever seen someone have a full-blown panic attack but it's not cute.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

iannis

Musty Nester
I'll just tell them I'm so scared its making my dick hard. Then show them.

Free booze!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard