Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian's new CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im running a cipher and having some troubles even after hiring myself a priest. Then again I could be just trying to do things too high level with too few characters. I have 4 in the party right now and since I was cheap when I hired the priest she really doesnt count...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What makes rangers bad but a chanter with a bow good? I've not really played much of this and don't want to waste my time on a sub par class.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shit is so good! 11 hours straight, the stuff you can do with choke points is good times, don't be afraid to pull mobs and setup an ambush. I bet others with 11 hours in have a completely different party
smile.png

Current party:
Chanter X2 me and companion
Priest
Ranger(she is terrible like 10 in everything but interesting story)
Wizard
Fighter(had to buy one) but hope to find one soon.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am just into the first new world map area, so not very far yet, but I took a Fire Godlike Bleak Walker Paladin because I always play the "good reply" guy, and to play this character well I need to pick responses like, "Oh, your whole family died? They probably deserved it." Or when I encounter someone neutral and there is an option to talk or attack...ATTACK! Fucking loving it.

So many trait options though! I want them all!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
12 hours in playing a Godlike Fire Cipher (super fun class)

My other party members are the elf wizard (that sister fucking), human fighter, and not long ago I got the Aumaua chanter. (no purchased followers yet)

Right now I can't decide on trying to figure out the two beast mode "bosses" or trying to sneak into the keep.....

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shit is so good! 11 hours straight, the stuff you can do with choke points is good times, don't be afraid to pull mobs and setup an ambush. I bet others with 11 hours in have a completely different party
smile.png

Current party:
Chanter X2 me and companion
Priest
Ranger(she is terrible like 10 in everything but interesting story)
Wizard
Fighter(had to buy one) but hope to find one soon.
Fighter companion's in the first town.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Hatorade, the Eoder guy by the tree of dead people in Gilded Vale or whatever is a party member. He's a fighter with defensive stats. Just need to talk to him a bit to have him join you. But I need a lockpicking bastard. I didn't do that dungeon under the tree as the entrance dude mentioned all the traps and secrets it had. Need to find one!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What level are people doing the temple below the tree? I'm trying at level 3 and the shadows are just fucking me up...mostly because they teleport right past my fighter and my biggest offense tends to kill him too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I did it at lvl 4 with my guy (Paladin), The chanter, wizard, Priest, and the Fighter. Shadows are gay.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What level are people doing the temple below the tree? I'm trying at level 3 and the shadows are just fucking me up...mostly because they teleport right past my fighter and my biggest offense tends to kill him too.
I've been slowly crawling through there at level 3 as well, and yeah it's been pretty hard. My party so far is the mage you pick up, a hired monk and a cipher (myself). Didn't bump into the fighter in town that was mentioned a few posts ago. I'll probably go find the fighter and then head back down to finish it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He's directly under the tree, Eoder. Hard to find really, if I didn't obsessively talk to all people with names in town I wouldn't have realized he was a possible party member.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Went heavy CC cipher with ranged weapons. Blind seems so OP: AE and just completely shuts dudes down. Then you throw in charm or fear or AE exploding soul auras and damn, this class is so much fun. I played four hours straight after work and don't want to sleep now, haha. I think I'm confident in calling this one a winner right off the bat.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
He's directly under the tree, Eoder. Hard to find really, if I didn't obsessively talk to all people with names in town I wouldn't have realized he was a possible party member.
Now I see why I and others are missing him. He wouldn't talk to me until after I

had talked to the dwarf in the tree.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I restarted and made a few more sensible character choices. Doing much better now. Game is crazy deep but you can certainly see the D&D influence. Nearly every wizard spell is straight out of D&D with a different name.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got him! He is far stronger than any character you can build from scratch. Playing on hard I learned to pull shit back, sometimes not all the mobs in the room come with, that and give everyone a ranged option for that opening volley sometimes you crit and kill a mob before it can do anything. I prefer heavy slow ranged arbalest or rifles on my melee guys because you usually don't have time for a second shot anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I'll have to hire a rogue myself. Which I really didn't want to do. No rogue companions are in the game. Or monk or Barbarian. I really want to get rid of Edor though, his farmways cramp my style.

But I really like the Priest and the Chanter. Best party mates so far

Are monks good if they are not getting wounds to use? Also, have any of you started to explore the Endless Paths? I am really looking forward to that. Too much awesome in this game!