Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So you're saying

You sound like a woman on her period.

Pretty sure he said pits are many times less likely to bite you because of their breeding. If you want a fighting dog, you breed in dog aggressiveness and breed out human aggressiveness. the bite may not be the same for all dogs, but once you get to a certain point, the bite is enough to kill you and that's all that matters. German shepards can bite hard enough to kill and are more human aggressive than pits.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How about we ban all dogs that aren't used for sport, work, or profit? Animals kept as pets don't serve a purpose in modern communities beyond being bizarre surrogates for human affection. Jesus, imagine how many resources are expended every day on a global scale to care for pets?

Useless creatures.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If I couldn't have dogs, I'd probably want kids. Think of all the resources way more kids would expend. I say stick to pups.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Quaid reminded me of one time when we tried to adopt a rescued st bernard. They made us do an application wherein we told them about the rest of the dogs we already have and the huge yard. One of the questions was why we wanted a dog of this breed, and we said because we wanted a big dog with a big woof to scare away intruders. They denied us because they didn't believe in putting rescue dogs to work. That's actually what they wrote.

So there ya go, any dog that barks at strangers is a working dog.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Owning a dog for security reasons is an acceptable usage, and I would allow that animal in my utopian human community of the future.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
top 99% reason to own a dog is for security, fuck even a dumb fuck toy poodle will go dog when it "feels" that some intruder is nearby your house. Even a dumb ass taco bell dog will get it's "dog sense" going and start to yip and yap and shit.

That ain't gonna scare shit, but it'll be enough for you to go "fluffy, wtf is wrong? lemme grab my bat"

it's better than getting caught with your pants around your ankles doing god knows what by some jack off intruder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yup. In my experience the small dogs are even better about it. All the bigger dogs we have now are too confident I think. They're not afraid of the person walking up the driveway so they don't bark till he's a lot closer. Throw a nervous nellie taco bell dog into the mix, and it will start barking sooner, which will draw out the big dogs.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
it's better than getting caught with your pants around your ankles doing god knows what by some jack off intruder.

Are you sure the intruder isn't just there to help you at that point? I've seen a few pronos in my day, that's how a few of them go isn't it?

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Y
Laws against pitbulls are essentially equal to laws against "assault weapons". They're fueled by ignorance and based on appearances.

I've never said or advocated for outlawing pitbulls. I would agree with you. Outlawing them would be the same concept as an "assault weapons" ban.

On the other hand, I do strongly advocate for applying strict liability to the owners of pitbulls (and any other dogs as well). If a pit attacks another person, it should be as if the owner committed the act themselves and they should be prosecuted accordingly. If you can't handle that kind of liability then you shouldn't own one.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I've never said or advocated for outlawing pitbulls. I would agree with you. Outlawing them would be the same concept as an "assault weapons" ban.

On the other hand, I do strongly advocate for applying strict liability to the owners of pitbulls (and any other dogs as well). If a pit attacks another person, it should be as if the owner committed the act themselves and they should be prosecuted accordingly. If you can't handle that kind of liability then you shouldn't own one.

Yes, I'd be happy if dogs were treated so leniently too. But we live in a world where (in many places anyway) when little timmy jumps a fence and gets mauled by fido, fido gets the needle no questions asked.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It's all about letting them know you're the alpha. You have to hump them anytime they start acting uppity.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
ITT.

Pussies that can't train dogs.
d3fa7e59deb62ebbbba081ce0d9f8d93.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
It's my own story, so no link. During college my girlfriend (current wife) and I went to a house party. The owner of the house met us out front and walked us through a side gate. Just as we get in, my wife spots her friend across the yard and screeches like a damn banshee, as does her friend. This 65lbish pit bull comes charging in and leaps onto my wife's shoulder, chomping her lower back area and arm, tearing her shirt before being pulled off. Overall wife wasn't terribly hurt, but still a few wounds.

We're 100% dog people, 0% pitt bull 'round here.