Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just a warning. A lot of these breed restrictions apply to other large breeds as well. A large portion is risk based. If a pitbull / mastiff / etc goes off its going to do a helluva lot more damage then a pissed off Chihuahua (Their default state).

Mostly I’m talking about just going to a dog park and people looking at you like your dogs gonna eat theirs.

as far as restrictions, I’ve never had anyone tell me my labs weren’t welcome to camp with me, or my goldens couldn’t be at the beach. Both of which my pits have had to be excluded from.

at the end of the day, I’ll probably talk her into something more “socially acceptable”. For me as long as I have a beagle I’ll be happy. I may go for an English bull terrier at some point as well.

Vinen

God is dead
Mostly I’m talking about just going to a dog park and people looking at you like your dogs gonna eat theirs.

as far as restrictions, I’ve never had anyone tell me my labs weren’t welcome to camp with me, or my goldens couldn’t be at the beach. Both of which my pits have had to be excluded from.

at the end of the day, I’ll probably talk her into something more “socially acceptable”. For me as long as I have a beagle I’ll be happy. I may go for an English bull terrier at some point as well.

I'm -never- getting a Beagle or any hound again. My 25LB Beagle Mix holy shit. Her bark is so fucking loud.

I only adopt dogs as I've never gotten a purebred that was a health disaster. No matter how well the breeders try and avoid it all purebread dogs are like European Royalty.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm -never- getting a Beagle or any hound again. My 25LB Beagle Mix holy shit. Her bark is so fucking loud.

Ive had two and trained both of them to not bark unless they hunting or playing. If they were in the house or out for a walk, nothing.

my treeing walker coon hound though....fucking yikes. Lol

I only adopt dogs as I've never gotten a purebred that was a health disaster. No matter how well the breeders try and avoid it all purebread dogs are like European Royalty.

Beagles are hunting and treeing dogs. They have pure caffeine for blood it seems to me. I could never be a good owner to a beagle, I am just flat out not active enough to run out its energy. Beagles are not "apartment dogs." Maybe when they get old.

Pure breeds are what they are. I know someone who breeds competition level small poodles. He has the magic touch. They are really superb specimens. But yeah, pure bred poodles -- nervous disorders mid- or late-life, that's their issue. Unless I wanted to really "show off" I don't care about breeding. You can scour rescues and eventually find a really gorgeous dog that clicks with you. It just takes patience. There are tons of most excellent dogs out there, waiting for the right owner.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of various dogs. In general I'm sick of them. I've morphed into the crazy parrot/fish or anything cage bound guy. Sick of hair and messes. (And constant german shepherd health issues both of mine had)

But wife will never go dogless. So I've been torn between a small yap yap of some sort that can be bullied by the birds and do it's sole job of waking me up to grab a gun and being cheaper food/mess wise. On other hand I kinda wouldn't mind the other extreme as we both like big dogs and get a boerboel.... short hair and I think less drool than the other big mastiffs.

1596924306851.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
wut the ever loving jesus?

What is a stumpline pup? Google has never heard of that.

Not much blood around. Either on the ground or the killer's head. Animals usually eat the guts first, then the head, then the body. Pretty sure that's just a puppy who wedged himself under the feeder and the sibling is fucking with him.

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Every breath you take in your own home is done only with the consent of your dog.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Damn, that happened yesterday. Lets see the dogs. She's one tough bitch if she survived being mauled by 5 of them. News says she's already out of the hospital.

It also said the dogs had been surrendered and animal control will perform rabies tests before putting them down. Wait, I thought the rabies test was to cut their heads off. Is there a new rabies test? Anyway there should be pics.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Absolutely insane that these dogs still exists. They should all be put into shower chambers and given showers until they're clean... The owner of those dogs should also get two hugs.

Almost like if there was a certain group of people responsible for most of the violent crime...

We could do the same thing to them...

Almost like...

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Damn, that happened yesterday. Lets see the dogs. She's one tough bitch if she survived being mauled by 5 of them. News says she's already out of the hospital.

It also said the dogs had been surrendered and animal control will perform rabies tests before putting them down. Wait, I thought the rabies test was to cut their heads off. Is there a new rabies test? Anyway there should be pics.

Technically you can crack the skull open and take brain samples with them still alive from some of the most vulnerable parts of the brain to disruption. Most places aren't equiped to do this, but in theory there's a chance they could survive it. Any other method is incredibly unreliable.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Technically you can crack the skull open and take brain samples with them still alive from some of the most vulnerable parts of the brain to disruption. Most places aren't equiped to do this, but in theory there's a chance they could survive it. Any other method is incredibly unreliable.

So either news reader was dumb, or they're torturing the dogs first.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You dont need to get into the brain to test for rabies. jesus christ

Maybe you should contact the CDC and let them know they're wrong.

Diagnosis in animals

A diagnosis of rabies can be made after detection of rabies virus from any part of the affected brain, but in order to rule out rabies, the test must include tissue from at least two locations in the brain, preferably the brain stem and cerebellum.

The test requires that the animal be euthanized. The test itself takes about 2 hours, but it takes time to remove the brain samples from an animal suspected of having rabies and to ship these samples to a state public health or veterinary diagnostic laboratory for diagnosis.

Diagnosis in humans

Several tests are necessary to diagnose rabies ante-mortem (before death) in humans; no single test is sufficient. Tests are performed on samples of saliva, serum, spinal fluid, and skin biopsies of hair follicles at the nape of the neck. Saliva can be tested by virus isolation or reverse transcription followed by polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). Serum and spinal fluid are tested for antibodies to rabies virus. Skin biopsy specimens are examined for rabies antigen in the cutaneous nerves at the base of hair follicles.

• 1Like