Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so you believe a law website is credible?

they cite an article from the atlantic as "evidence"
8037a43edac244eece0eacffcb293322.png

who are the authors?
d80fd28ae58949bd13227e21a4c0ceba.png

so this guy is trying to pimp his doggy membership website

c9908e8245f04a16cff1e748a08ba18d.jpg

and thats your source?

please do better

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Their info is literally a survey, and didn't we just see a video of a girl who got her arm ripped of and all her dogs and cats eaten by her pit bull saying he dindu nothing? Never mind that half the things that would typically be considered or score for aggression on that list with other dogs have been intentionally bred out of pitbulls. There's a reason it's really hard to figure out if a pitbull is being aggressive.

Here's the survey if you want to see the science they used:
I've never had a dog convo with a pitbull owner who didn't inform me how gentle their pitbull was.

Pitbull owners try to convince people around them they don't own a machine of death that can kill them anytime the dog wants like a fat chick convinces people she doesn't eat that much.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why the fuck is this one of the popular pitbull search terms, and don't go and search for it

"pitbull rips off lips"

they're not talking about on other pitbulls, btw

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I would dislike Pit Bulls less, if they weren't so proliferant, such that they occupy 70% of a shelter.

1594842354330.png

This is actually surprising because usually this shelter is crammed with just Pit Bulls, whereas they're only 50% of the listed pooches. At the end of the day I visit this shelter, and I see the bully dogs, and generally they come across as sweet and affectionate, and sad. I appreciate the capacity that a Pit Bull is more multi-dimensional than a Crocodile. That said, the fact remains, these dogs are not suitable for most families.

If they didn't exist, there would be another dog to top this list, but the disparity between a Pit Bull (Staffordshire terrier , or whatever you call it) , and the next (Rotti?) seems to be quite staggered.

People want them because they've become "boogey men", they seek out the dog for its reputation, they want a tough, rugged, scary dog. Perhaps to intimidate others, perhaps to prove they can tame the beast, either as out "alpha-ing", or the pit mom's that go after the most dangerous animal, in the same vein they chase after their dead beat 'rebel' without a cause bad boys (because biology compels them to seek out what they perceive as a competent mate). They could easily opt for a work-bred German Shepard (without that stupid hind leg misalignment), Belgian Malinos, or what, but they seek Pits out for their reputations, which seems decidedly earned.

Notice also, how many bigger dogs, that are bound to be a handful and hard to control. The Havenese is bred with a Bassid Hound, putting the hound back into an agile body, Retrievers can be very high energy, then you've got some powerful dog breeds that need structure, or they will try and run your life, which is probably why most of these dogs wound up in the shelter.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
they're not talking about on other pitbulls, btw

lmao, dumb fuck deserves it for owning a pitbull and thinking he could kiss the war machine. Fucked him up in a 1/10 of a sec.

As someone who used to volunteer every couple weeks at a shelter, the sheer flood of pits in the door and into the furnace was staggering. Most the other dogs got snatched up, but I'd venture a guess that 95%+ of the pits were put down. Dogs to some degree are shaped by their owners, but some traits cannot be trained out of a dog. Pitbulls are inherently dangerous because of their breeding to be inherently dangerous.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a former owner of a pit mix, yeah they have a tendency towards behavioral issues, just like all dogs in the terrier group. But they're bigger and more dangerous than any other dog in the terrier group, and predominantly owned by American Inventors and white trash who don't take proper care of them.

People on both sides of the argument misrepresent the truth to suit themselves.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
they said b/c of covid adoptions are through the roof

Also concerning, how many of these new owners are going to permanently alter their life to make sure they can continue to keep their dog in four years when Trump leaves office and the Democrats decide COVID-19 is cured. when things go back to normal?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also concerning, how many of these new owners are going to permanently alter their life to make sure they can continue to keep their dog in four years when Trump leaves office and the Democrats decide COVID-19 is cured. when things go back to normal?
lulz, how about when they all go back to semi-regular or even regular work schedules and they come home to shit and piss on the floor, cuz all that regular pandemic covid dog walking has now stopped

Fucker

Log Wizard
My neighbor has one. He says they aren't as dangerous as people think they are.

76iu.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Some redeeming profiles, No children, no other dogs, no other pets, needs experienced owner, et. al. , real great characteristics to have in a pet.

1594846276350.png

1594846312397.png

1594846366827.png

1594846408853.png

1594846442649.png

1594846475671.png

reckless, destructive

1594846513356.png

Food possessive, weighs almost 80 lbs, high energy, willfull

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My sister has a pit. It's one of the biggest emotional babies of a dog I know.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hug all pitbulls. Outlaw them. Trash breed that only poor people, jogger thugs and feminists want to own.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Edgelord

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I love my shepherds, so got a very pure russian-line bi-color. Toe candles and more. If I don't spend at least a couple hours a day socializing him I'm pretty sure he'd turn into a vicious murderer. My vet told me I have the nicest shep she's ever seen, and she is a shep lover and owner herself. If she only saw this motherfucker when he's after a stick. My last shep was way nicer, but I have this beast under control for now.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Meh. I have a rescue pit mix; she's the gentlest animal I've ever met. On the other side, my sister's lab/dachshund mix has bitten everyone in my family. I'd say that chart Tuco posted rings true. Pits might have more dog-focused aggression but are middle of the pack when it comes to people. They feature high in the count of serious damage to people due to prevalence and size. A badly-trained purse dog can't eat your face even if it wanted to.

Machine of death:

IMG_20200507_150943.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl in this thread say more good things about jogger dogs than anyone has ever said about joggers in the jogger thread.

and no

he a good boy he dindu nuffin, doesn't count

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Meh. I have a rescue pit mix; she's the gentlest animal I've ever met. On the other side, my sister's lab/dachshund mix has bitten everyone in my family. I'd say that chart Tuco posted rings true. Pits might have more dog-focused aggression but are middle of the pack when it comes to people. They feature high in the count of serious damage to people due to prevalence and size. A badly-trained purse dog can't eat your face even if it wanted to.
Irresponsible parenting.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

Machine of death:

View attachment 285683
This is child abuse. CPS should rescue that child before it gets mauled by that animal.