Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
John Holzbaur, an attorney not affiliated with the case, said the dog's owner could be held liable in Jaelah's death "if the state can prove reckless disregard in this attack."

How the fuck could you possibly prove reckless disregard on the part of the owner? It's not like the owner forced them to watch his dog at gunpoint while he was on vacation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck could you possibly prove reckless disregard on the part of the owner? It's not like the owner forced them to watch his dog at gunpoint while he was on vacation.

It wouldn't be hard depending on if they find special training or witnesses who claim the dog was violent. Then the family claims ignorance to that knowledge. Honestly, leaving stuff for 'house-sitters' is usually stupid unless they are related and have a history of dependability. Florida is truly synonymous with retard.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It wouldn't be hard depending on if they find special training or witnesses who claim the dog was violent. Then the family claims ignorance to that knowledge. Honestly, leaving stuff for 'house-sitters' is usually stupid unless they are related and have a history of dependability. Florida is truly synonymous with retard.

I can see how it would be possible but "wouldnt be hard" seems like a colossal stretch.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I can see how it would be possible but "wouldnt be hard" seems like a colossal stretch.

Very true, if law enforcement was always even handed, people didn't want to punish for bad things happening, bias wasn't involved and pit bulls had a better record of non-violence. In reality, the owners could be easily screwed if the courts/police wanted to send a message. Or the community was horrified enough by the results. Etc, etc. It was complete idiocy to leave your pit bull with a neighbor unless you knew they could handle the dog properly...at all times.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It was complete idiocy to leave your pit bull with a neighbor unless you knew they could handle the dog properly...at all times.
which would be never, because while leaving a hot dog w/ a neighbor that went crazy would only amount to nip and shit everywhere, a pit that went crazy is death by animal.

Like when i had my chow, i also had 2 caged rabbits. My dog would camp these rabbits 23/7, after i took him for a walk, he'd be right there staring at the rabbits. would i trust in a room w/ one of these bunnies? hell no.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
which would be never, because while leaving a hot dog w/ a neighbor that went crazy would only amount to nip and shit everywhere, a pit that went crazy is death by animal.

Like when i had my chow, i also had 2 caged rabbits. My dog would camp these rabbits 23/7, after i took him for a walk, he'd be right there staring at the rabbits. would i trust in a room w/ one of these bunnies? hell no.

Exactly. Certain breeds are especially dangerous around kids and women. I wouldn't drop a pit bull on anyone but a single guy who was used to dogs.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exactly. Certain breeds are especially dangerous around kids and women. I wouldn't drop a pit bull on anyone but a single guy who was used to dogs.

Seems to me like the person behaving negligently is the person who agrees to bring a strange dog into a house with young children.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me like the person behaving negligently is the person who agrees to bring a strange dog into a house with young children.

I agree. Those parents are definitely culpable and the police are investigating that aspect. At the same time, I've seen too many Mike Vick's who just get another 'pet' but don't learn a damn thing. What's the owner's excuse in this. "I wanted to go on vacation and it was convenient when retard said he'd take my aggressive dog off my hands for a week. I'm sorry they were stupid but that's on them. No big deal about the dog, i'll just get another one." i'm not going to completely let the owner off the hook. You know what kind of dog you own. A $500 fine teaches stupid as does the jail threat. If it doesn't, then who's the problem here?

• 1EyeRoll

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not to mention it's not really the dog owners fault if the little girl is trying to ride the dog around like a horse or do some other dumb shit...

That would likely never come out if it was the case since it would basically require the family admitting it, but still.

Siliconemelons

Friend always had these big big dogs - well one day it bit his wife, then it bit him later - and it was all he could manage to get the dog outside - it was a yuuge thing pure muscle and my friend is no punk.

After that, his new rule for dogs is - I need to be able to kill it with a single kick if needed.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
A good rule for people moderately to unskilled with dogs, don't get anything you can't pick up and throw.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Corollary to that rule, pick up your 100+ pound dog and toss it in the air just to see the fear and surprise on it's face. And lets be honest, No matter how big the dog will get, you only have to throw it around as a puppy and it will always think you're capable of it.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
A good rule for people moderately to unskilled with dogs, don't get anything you can't pick up and throw.

"Make sure you can always throw your dogs around" -LachiusTZ, the very responsible pitbull owner that raises super nice babies that wouldn't hurt anyone, promise.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Fuck you pussies. War is coming, and when it comes I want a dog that can kill a bear or a lion or a commie.

Hell, I'm half considering getting a bear and training it to fire a shot gun. That's what the 2nd Amendment is all about: the right to keep and arm bears.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
"Make sure you can always throw your dogs around" -LachiusTZ, the very responsible pitbull owner that raises super nice babies that wouldn't hurt anyone, promise.

I'm not a small dude. Or shy. Or naturally scared.

Fighting a 65lb dog is manageable. Fighting a 90lb dog is sketchy as fuck. Fighting a 140lb dog is goddamn terrifying. Trying to break up a fight between a 90lb dog and a 140lb dog, it's just fucking teeth and bone.

That being said, I don't have the time for pitts any more. More of a molloser (sp?) breed kind of guy now. Pits take a lot of time and energy. And I'm aware that I am not capable of providing it. So I gravitated to the breeds that won't even leave the yard if you forget to close the fence.

• 1Like