Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
God, I wish I had the actual link:

Saw a news story where this family adopted a pitbull from a shelter they had seen there for weeks. It was the last possible day for the dog before it was euthanized. They bring it home, it runs from the front door into the backyard, runs back to the front door, then as it's running to the back yard again, it leaps up and severely bites the teenage child right in the face.

Dog immediately taken back and euthanized.

My two cents on pitbulls: I would never recommend adopting one unless it was a puppy. Even a pitbull thats 2 you have no idea how it was (mis)treated and if it will snap and, as others have said before, a dog made of solid muscle can do some real damage if it does snap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
God, I wish I had the actual link:

Saw a news story where this family adopted a pitbull from a shelter they had seen there for weeks. It was the last possible day for the dog before it was euthanized. They bring it home, it runs from the front door into the backyard, runs back to the front door, then as it's running to the back yard again, it leaps up and severely bites the teenage child right in the face.

Dog immediately taken back and euthanized.

You know... maybe there's a reason no ppl wanted to adopt a killer.

It's like adopting kids, if white ppl want to virtue signal, they get a non white kid.

Ok sure, go do that, go adopt an asian kid and he'll grow up to be some kind of engineer!

Go find some mumbai indian kid rolling around in cow dung, and he'll grow up to be a programmer

You really wanna roll the dice and adopt T'Kuvona from da hood?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
People are fucking idiots/pussies when it comes to stopping pit bulls. If you don't carry a knife, start breaking its legs. Don't try to control the head, that's attacking it's strength.

I mean yeah, easy for me to say those things sitting at my computer desk and not having to deal with stopping an attacking pit bull. But you don't win by outwrestling the goddamn thing, you attack it viciously.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah,

Our viscious ass monster tonight was scared of lightning, jumped up on my wife's lap and sucked on her finger like it was a pacifier....

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
People are fucking idiots/pussies when it comes to stopping pit bulls. If you don't carry a knife, start breaking its legs. Don't try to control the head, that's attacking it's strength.

I mean yeah, easy for me to say those things sitting at my computer desk and not having to deal with stopping an attacking pit bull. But you don't win by outwrestling the goddamn thing, you attack it viciously.

You're one of those cringy faggots who pretends to be be some master fighter on the internet.

Your just a pony fucking pedophile queer and the first thing you'd do if you came across a pitbull would be try and suck it's dick.

• 10Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 10 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're one of those cringy faggots who pretends to be be some master fighter on the internet.

Your just a pony fucking pedophile queer and the first thing you'd do if you came across a pitbull would be try and suck it's dick.

• 2Salty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My mom owned Baku's (my dog) sister. Baku died almost 3 years ago when a tumor in his chest ruptured and his belly cavity was filling with blood from that rupture. He was going to internally bleed out, even though all of the blood was still in his body. It just wasn't going where it was supposed to go.

Anyway, Coco, my mom's pit, had a similar issue over Christmas. She had a tumor in her intestines that ruptured, which also caused her intestines to rupture at the same time. It was pretty bad, and spread bacteria all through her body. They said there was a 50/50 chance that doing surgery would save her life, so she went under the knife on Christmas night. Everything appeared to go well. My mom stopped over at the hospital to see how she was doing on the 26th. She was groggy from the pain medicine, but still responsive. Then on the 27th, shit started to go down hill quickly. The doctor had a 2nd dog available to give her a blood transfusion with. It helped stabilize her, but only temporarily. A few hours later, her vitals plummeted yet again and she passed. I feel pretty bad. They were good dogs. I'm sorry that my mom spent so much money on a false hope this veterinary hospital gave her. My wife, a nurse, said that when similar things happen to people, you have MAYBE a 20% chance of survival. And we're a lot hardier than a dog is.

• 2Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My mom owned Baku's (my dog) sister. Baku died almost 3 years ago when a tumor in his chest ruptured and his belly cavity was filling with blood from that rupture. He was going to internally bleed out, even though all of the blood was still in his body. It just wasn't going where it was supposed to go.

Anyway, Coco, my mom's pit, had a similar issue over Christmas. She had a tumor in her intestines that ruptured, which also caused her intestines to rupture at the same time. It was pretty bad, and spread bacteria all through her body. They said there was a 50/50 chance that doing surgery would save her life, so she went under the knife on Christmas night. Everything appeared to go well. My mom stopped over at the hospital to see how she was doing on the 26th. She was groggy from the pain medicine, but still responsive. Then on the 27th, shit started to go down hill quickly. The doctor had a 2nd dog available to give her a blood transfusion with. It helped stabilize her, but only temporarily. A few hours later, her vitals plummeted yet again and she passed. I feel pretty bad. They were good dogs. I'm sorry that my mom spent so much money on a false hope this veterinary hospital gave her. My wife, a nurse, said that when similar things happen to people, you have MAYBE a 20% chance of survival. And we're a lot hardier than a dog is.

I'd say there's a good chance your mom has grounds to take the veterinary office to small claims court. There's absolutely no fucking way surgery had a 50% survival rate on a dog whose intestines had already ruptured into the body cavity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how complicated dog blood tranfusions are. Like do they have blood types, will all pits be compatible, etc?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if we're going to talk about dog self defense, it needs to be in the martial arts thread.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I wonder how complicated dog blood tranfusions are. Like do they have blood types, will all pits be compatible, etc?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if we're going to talk about dog self defense, it needs to be in the martial arts thread.
humans
The human blood group system is based on three different antigens: A, B, and O. The possible blood types we could have are A, B, AB and O, and each one of these can be either Rh positive or negative. Type O negative blood is generally considered to be universally accepted by any other blood type, and type AB positive can receive any other type.

dogs
Dogs, for their part, have more than eight different antigens that can attach to their red blood cells, most of them labeled Dog Erythrocyte Antigen (DEA 1.1, 1.2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7). Often individuals within a specific breed of dog will have the same blood type — for instance, 60 percent of greyhounds fall into the DEA 1.1 negative (the universal dog donor) blood group. But new canine blood groups are still being detected — the recently discovered Dal blood group, for example, is only found in Dalmatians.

animals in general
Cats, on the other hand, have only two possible antigens — A and B, although they aren't the same A and B antigens found on human blood. There is no universal donor or recipient feline blood groups, but the vast majority (around 90 percent) of domestic cats have type A blood, while more exotic purebreds often type B. AB is also possible, but very rare.

Like dogs, horse blood groups are loosely organized along breed lines, but there are 30 different groups, that represent combinations of 8 different antigens (A, C, D, K, P, Q and U are internationally recognized, while T is still being researched.) Cows are tricky because there are 11 major blood groups (A, B, C, F, J, L, M, R, S, T and Z), but the B group includes over 60 different antigens, making blood matches for transfusions tough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Dog breeds really do have distinct personalities—and they’re rooted in DNA

bq-5c38dc47a1658.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Pit bulls are dumb. Only poor peurto Ricans own them. They shouldn't be outlawed, they should be exterminated.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Run it over, shove the broomstick down it's throat. All these people in and out of the houses, get a fucking knife. The worst part of these dog attack video's are the dumb poor people that don't know wtf to even begin to do.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Run it over, shove the broomstick down it's throat. The worst part of these dog attack video's are the dumb poor people that don't know wtf to even begin to do.

I mean yes I’d like to believe I’d run it over but the post man Jesus his foot lol...that had to hurt.