Planetside 2

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Whoever came up with that BR idea and the leadership who approved it should got fired. What a waste of time even we got DX11 updates.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last I checked it had 7 people playing lmfao

Daybreak tries to ride their former glory. No one gives a shit about BR anymore. And good luck trying to enter the market with Fortnite, pubg, and Apex still being popular.

Shit game. Shit company.

Bring back Vanguard

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PlanetSide 2 was such a good game. Then they started making changes and poof there went the players. They really messed up with their desire to add things to game so they could sale them. Then they listened to the wrong people about balancing the game. Way to many changes were made to appease the few large guild a expense of the unwashed zerg who just wanted to have fun.

And like I said then the players went POOF!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob

Welcome to the genesis of Rogue Planet Games!

By definition, a “rogue planet” is a celestial object that’s not gravitationally bound to any star or its origin. This perfectly illustrates our philosophy as a team and defines the games we create – we are unbound by convention, exploring new frontiers of creativity and always pushing the limits of our imagination to deliver unparalleled experiences for our players!

While the studio may be new, the PlanetSide franchise has been going strong for 17 years. As we begin this new chapter, we’ve taken several steps to prepare for an exciting future!

Rogue Planet Games will focus solely on the PlanetSide franchise and our dedicated community. While Daybreak will continue to act as publisher and provide live operations and infrastructure support, Rogue Planet Games owns the vision of PlanetSide – present and future.

As many of you may have noticed over the past few months with PlanetSide 2, we've increased the frequency of our game updates, made an effort to reduce publish times by streamlining deployment processes, addressed lingering live service issues, and stepped up communication with our community.

One aspect of the new studio we’re most excited about is bringing our players into the fold like never before. As Rogue Planet Games, we view ourselves as an indie studio that values our community in the highest regard. We want to bring you into our day-to-day development processes more across all disciplines – programming, character and environment art creation, systems and content design, and any general nonsense that happens on a given day. We can’t wait to start sharing more with you across our various social channels!

Rest assured, the future of PlanetSide is very much at the top of mind here, and the expectations for a true sequel are, as expected, astronomical. The establishment of Rogue Planet Games provides a runway and opportunity for us to deliver our vision for PlanetSide 3, but that discussion will happen in due time. Until then, we have a lot of great stuff in store for PlanetSide 2!

On behalf of the entire Rogue Planet team, THANK YOU! We look forward to having you join us on our journey!

We define our future. We are Rogue Planet Games!

Andy “IronSites” Sites
Head of Rogue Planet Games
Executive Producer, PlanetSide Franchise

xzi

Mouthbreather
so this is what, the 3rd studio to be working on this game?

I'm glad their only focus is planetside but I'm so cyncical since daybreak took over. I wish and hope for the best, though. Nice to see someone caring about the game.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Basically Daybreak now become an EA-like parent company / publisher, it owns 3 studios, Rogue Planet Games for PlanetSide, Darkpaw Games for EQ/EQ2, and Dimensional Ink Games for DC Universe Online,

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Im so glad I’m one of the major reasons people quit this shitty game. It had potential but SoE and daybreak are terrible and deserve to be bankrupt.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Meh I will if you will. I really miss farming noobs especially in biolabs.

If they didn't fix the hitreg from like 3 months ago it's not very fun. The hitreg was never great but it was in really bad shape last time I got a desire to play.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
NSO Max is kind of neat. Super easy to kill, but it has unlimited grenades and they function like the Under Barrel Grenade Launcher, but with more damage and infinite ammo. I got probably 10,000 kills with the UBGL, so using that experience I'm farming a lot of people. I die if I even look at a C4 brick in the same hex though, but its balanced.