Planetside 2

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Population growing for the first time in a while, good to see! Had some fun fights on emerald yesterday for me to shit on with the NSO max (slightly OP but super easy to kill)

kJ00X2J.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Are they trying to make it less P2W bullshit like?

How is it P2W ? If you sub, you skip login/continent ques and have access to the arguably Pay2Lose faction, NSO robots. Most of the guns are sidegrades. You do get an exp bonus as a member, so there's that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are they trying to make it less P2W bullshit like?
Not p2w but yeah buying is faster than farming certs for the new guns. Not too much faster if you are decent.

I got guys on all servers. Man I wish I could xfer my vanu guy to emerald. My TR is rocking it though. Im going to play with my FC and AC guys on emerald but I’m down for hanging if you guys play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I dont see how this game is P2W. Its probabaly one of the better F2P implementations in a mmo.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Admittedly I may be misremembering since it has been some time since I last played, but I could have sworn that throwing money at the game gave you ready and quick access to some very good shit. So I suppose less p2w and more pay to advance more quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Agree, most things you pay are cosmetic. The best gun can not be brought. Plus the differences between the best gun and worst gun under the same categorize are NOT much.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Admittedly I may be misremembering since it has been some time since I last played, but I could have sworn that throwing money at the game gave you ready and quick access to some very good shit. So I suppose less p2w and more pay to advance more quickly.

You're absolutely right. At the time if you didn't buy vehicle upgrades you were a retard, and it was 100% absolutely p2w, but last time I played was when daybreak took over.

usually people call it "pay for convenience" and I call those people assholes

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
It was totally pay to win. I got out ahead of the crowd at launch because I had the weapons I wanted unlocked freeing up all my boosted carts into my rapemobiles. I’m the reason tons of people quit the game early on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People quit this game because there was no meta end game to sort of put it. Now we have alerts and shit like this, continent locks which sort of give you a purpose to take and hold territory. Granted some fights back then were epic as fuck, but doing it over and over again sans purpose, well, yeah, people quit.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was totally pay to win. I got out ahead of the crowd at launch because I had the weapons I wanted unlocked freeing up all my boosted carts into my rapemobiles. I’m the reason tons of people quit the game early on.

Raping hordes of noobs with rocket spam was....

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I just want the old fights for The Crown back. When all the cap points were on the top of the hill.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just want the old fights for The Crown back. When all the cap points were on the top of the hill.

Yeah fuck them for changing that. I blame the shitter mil sim Zerg outfits for crying on the forums. I know Higby didn’t want to change it.

Changing the crown was the ultimate fun police move.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Everything that was nerfed that was fun, not just rocket pods boy. Players in PS2 were some of the worst FPS players imaginable. Literal NPCs
Libs daltons, galaxy bull dawgs, rocket pods, Zoe Max (still got a video of lighting up Trebb’s RobXIII RobXIII harasser), harassers, fun bus w bulldogs, pre nerf cycler, Orion, 2C4 LA suicide biolab fun, Carv, Mercy max, Phoenix spam..

List goes on and on.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
People quit this game because there was no meta end game to sort of put it. Now we have alerts and shit like this, continent locks which sort of give you a purpose to take and hold territory. Granted some fights back then were epic as fuck, but doing it over and over again sans purpose, well, yeah, people quit.

If I remember correctly, and I'm old now, so take what I say skeptically. Peeps really started quitting when they put that lattice system in. It kinda backfired on them for some reason no? Plus one of the mech suits got nerfed hard (it needed it) and people raged.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
If I remember correctly, and I'm old now, so take what I say skeptically. Peeps really started quitting when they put that lattice system in. It kinda backfired on them for some reason no? Plus one of the mech suits got nerfed hard (it needed it) and people raged.
It’s funneling effect turned every fight into a stalemate Zerg. It actually took OP vehicles/abilities that were nerfed to break through.