Planetside 2

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure you're never going to get away from the negatives you're trying to avoid. The Unwashed Masses have never been the brightest bulbs. Infact, almost your entire spiel fits the experience of NC on Connery. Down to, and including, the cries of Freedom and chanting of "Murica", as rediculous as they are.

However, if there are no sunderers, go park one. Enjoy the monopoly. That or brag in /yell and/or /re about all the exp you're getting off of it.

As for the AA issue, look at it this way. Rockets are a joke, nearly every pilots 2nd purchase is flares (after the manadatory <sarcasm>Skill-pods</sarcasm>, of course). Which means you blow either the resources (who cares) or the COOLDOWN for a max or a skyguard. Neither of which will solo kill the aircraft, neither of which will earn even a quarter of the exp of a foot slogger. And will be at the mercy of walking/driving to the next front anyways. Blame SOE for failing to tune AA for enlightened self interest very well. They evidently thought that the idea of not dieing to Skill-pod spam would be enough of a cookie, but when respawns are only 8-10 sec away and the instant gratification is so lacking, most noobs don't care.

Besides, WTF are you doing dicking around way behind your lines? You might just be part of the "problem".

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like the merges are happening tonight instead of Friday. Really hoping this helps out the off peak hours.

"Maintenance Notification: All servers will come down tonight at 12:00AM PST, February 28th, 2013 for maintenance to support the PlanetSide 2 server merges. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes."

EDIT: I copied that off their twitter and for the life of me I can't find it now.

Canad_sl

shitlord
If theres not one sunderer i am not going to fix it with one. You need like 10, plus the combined arms and organization that comes with it. You need tons of people who can play this type of game to make it fun and on most euro TR servers the magic number is not reached.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just played after a month break. I am digging the server merge.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Players may note the following changes:

• New pump action shotguns are available in the depot. These boast increased stopping power in exchange for a reduced rate of fire.
      • New Conglomerate: GD-66 Claw
      • Vanu Sovereignty: Phobos VX86
      • Terran Republic: TRS-12 Uppercut
    • Reduced impact flinch and evened out flinch amount based on damage
    • Reduced screen shake from explosions
    • Client stability improvements
    • Server optimizations
    • Fixed an issue causing NC shotgun slug ammo to do too much damage at range. Should now be in line with the other empires.
    • Fix for NC MAX slug ammo having a longer range than intended
    • Server merges
Hrm, I'm not sure they had a lot of effective room to cram pumpactions in. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but the old shottys were already 2 hit kills in CQC, either pumps drop that to 1 (which renders fire rate reduction somewhat meaningless), or are strictly worse in like 80% of fights.

Flinch changes? possible swoon material there. Explosion changes? HOT FUCKING DAMN. NC slug ammo fixes, meh (but hey, I'm biased).

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just demo'd the pumps. Still a 2 hit kill, still can snipe from ~50m with slugs. slightly slower fire rate hurts the CQC, but being able to interrupt a reload to fire is a plus (although at 5 shots, with auto's having 6-8, you WOULDN'T have needed to interrupt the reload to get that 6th shot). Seems like a really tight spread pattern too. My guess is it's a solid sidegrade.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For the connery folk, CCG imploded/Died?Seems like only indar has any of the fighting. I hadn't been playing much lately due to work etc, but noticed theres only ever like 5-10 on. Then I see tons of GSG squads? Who dat. I really need to just get into 666th but still deciding what games going to get my limited time, don't want to be that guy that's never on/there.

Still feel like some costs are just too high. If what we get was more static and not changing maybe it is not so bad. But with them continuing to add good things. (The better rockets, AV Turret, 2nd god smg etc) Seems like whether it's certs or $ it gets out of hand quick. I already dumped like $25 when I started and that went quickly, a couple wasted purchases perhaps, but still ended up short of having all the must have weapons for different vehicles etc.

I suppose I could justify it by telling myself it's really an mmo, expect to pay the $15 a month, but I just don't get the feeling. I could just go play battlefield, there's still older versions with squad play servers. What I'm trying to say is, what justifies it calling itself an mmo and commanding that premium pricing. As others have lamented it's not wholly different than a COD zerg in that it's devolved into mainly mad cap chasing/zerging + crown battles. While there are not pointless rounds resetting, neither is there really anything gained/lost in the endless circling.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GU4 sneak peak. And 80% of 15 pages of the announce thread is full of whining never-leave-a-vehicle knuckledraggers. I want to "blame the victims" here, since if they ever bothered to load anti-tank shells and attack things other than infantry, there's a chance there wouldn't be so many nerfs; but the issue lies in the risk/reward of vehicle vs vehicle battles being so shitty. Tanks would have to be worth like 1-2 thousand exp each (pre bonuses and boosts), which is crazy numbers.

Hey all!

We wanted to give you guys a preview of some things you can look forward to in GU04, which is tentatively scheduled for release next week, pending any issues discovered in testing of course. First though, I wanted to talk a bit about our current update schedule "cadence" so you all understand when you can expect the game to be updated.

We have three types of updates to live that we use;Game Update,Patch andHotfix.

• Game Updatescome on a 2-week cadence, so every second week you should expect a major game update with new features, gameplay changes, items and bug fixes. Last week we released GU03, we expect to release GU04 next week.
  • Patchescome in between Game Updates, they typically don't introduce new gameplay or features, but will usually contain bug fixes, balance changes, and new items. We won't always have one each week, these come as needed.
  • Hotfixescan come any day, and they're based on an urgent need to change a game balance issue or bug.
In general we try to release Game Updates and Patches early on Wednesday mornings (PST), but we sometimes need to hold back the updates for more QA time when issues are found.

Coming with GU04

Here's a preview of some of the features which are currently scheduled to be released with GU04 next week and the patch in the following week:

• Flash update:
    • Wraith Module (Cloaking) for infiltrators using the Flash
    • Rumble seat - bring a passenger with you on your flash, they are weapons free in the passenger seat!
    • New weapon: Renegade shotgun
  • Account level unlocks
    • Items you've purchased with StationCash will be available to all characters on your account that are eligible to use that item.
    • Common pool items, such as the Zephyr or NS-11 will be available to all characters on your account.
    • Empire specific weapons such as the GD-22 and Lasher will be available to all characters of the required faction on your account.
    • We are working on a solution for those of you who have purchased the same item on multiple characters.
  • VR Training
    • A safe test zone where you can try each weapon and vehicle in the game with no resource cost or cooldown timers.
    • Target practice areas to learn weapon strengths and weaknesses at range, practice recoil patterns.
    • Driving/flying area to practice with vehicles.
    • Areas to practice team tactics, such as towers and small outposts.
    • No player stats are recorded in VR, so have fun!
  • New respawn & map screen
    • We've combined the respawn and map screen into one.
    • The new map screen has been cleaned up better use space.
    • Additional top requested features, such as friendly troop locations will be coming soon, but not with GU04.
  • Membership enhancements
    • We've increased the number of passive certifications for members and scaled the increase in cert points based on length of membership. The new cert point rates are as follows:
1-mo. member - 24 passive cert points/day
2-mo. member - 28.8 passive cert points/day
3-mo. member - 33.6 passive cert points/day
4-mo. member - 38.4 passive cert points/day
5-mo. member - 43.2 passive cert points/day
6-mo. + member - 48 passive cert points/day

• Empire specific Rocket Launchers
    • VS - Lancer: an extremely precise, super-high-velocity, anti-vehicle energy weapon with a unique charge mechanic, the longer you charge the weapon the more damage it deals.
    • TR - Striker: launches a series of mid-damage guided missiles at a single target, the Striker's user must maintain the lock by keeping the enemy in the crosshairs while the missiles are tracking.
    • NC - Phoenix: A high damage, slow firing camera guided missile which must be guided by the Phoenix's user. The Phoenix is capable of dealing high damage with very little warning since there is no lock on.
    • These weapons will be released in the patch the week following GU04
  • Notable balance changes
    • Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced, this does not affect vehicle vs vehicle direct hit damage, only splash damage vs infantry.
    • Prowler HEAT / HE rounds have had their damage reduced to no longer 1-shot kill infantry, killing a full health infantry will require both Prowler rounds to be fired. This does not affect vs. vehicle damage.
    • Edit: Movement improvements for the Magrider, bringing back some of it's glideyness, but not it's ability to climb every hill in the game.
    • Edit: Torque increases for all MBTs so they don't slow down as much on inclines.
This is just a small preview of the main tentpole features for GU04, in addition to the above GU04 will contain a number of bug fixes and smaller balance tweaks, map changes to Indar, optimization and stability improvements.

I want to be absolutely clear that all of this is tentative, and until it's on the server it's not a guarantee! We want to keep you guys as up to date as possible with the current development, but it must come with the understanding that features slip & dates slip, and what we're giving you is our best possible projection of what and when.

Edit: Wanted to add a quick note about server merges. I've heard from a lot folks on Connery & Woodman who are upset that they didn't get a chance to have their server merged. We're going to be continuing to monitor server populations to see if it's possible to do further merges, but with the current peak player loads there wasn't a good way to merge those servers without causing login queue bottlenecks and a generally bad experience.

As always, we're excited to hear your feedback, here, twitter, facebook and everywhere else.
Thanks!
-
mh

Itzena_sl

shitlord
So, once again, they're going back and patching in stuff from PS1 that should have been there from the start.
Yay?

Sludig

Better late than never?

Worried about damage and speed of VC rocket, Might be mega anti low flying/bombing fighter/liberator gun. Probably good for sniping recons who are on a hill or anywhere you can peg their feet accurately. (Default rocket defending any kind of raised position becoming a favorite 1 hit KO for intruding infantry running in.)

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For the connery folk, CCG imploded/Died?Seems like only indar has any of the fighting. I hadn't been playing much lately due to work etc, but noticed theres only ever like 5-10 on. Then I see tons of GSG squads? Who dat. I really need to just get into 666th but still deciding what games going to get my limited time, don't want to be that guy that's never on/there.

Still feel like some costs are just too high. If what we get was more static and not changing maybe it is not so bad. But with them continuing to add good things. (The better rockets, AV Turret, 2nd god smg etc) Seems like whether it's certs or $ it gets out of hand quick. I already dumped like $25 when I started and that went quickly, a couple wasted purchases perhaps, but still ended up short of having all the must have weapons for different vehicles etc.

I suppose I could justify it by telling myself it's really an mmo, expect to pay the $15 a month, but I just don't get the feeling. I could just go play battlefield, there's still older versions with squad play servers. What I'm trying to say is, what justifies it calling itself an mmo and commanding that premium pricing. As others have lamented it's not wholly different than a COD zerg in that it's devolved into mainly mad cap chasing/zerging + crown battles. While there are not pointless rounds resetting, neither is there really anything gained/lost in the endless circling.
Apparently the leader of CCG was using some of the donation money for personal use and one of CCG's top officers found out. From that point said officer informed his officer core and they left the outfit with a majority of their members to form GSGS. I've heard from some of my higher up 666 members that this might have been more like a coup where that top officer didn't like the leader and wanted to start his own outfit with all the CCG members but who really knows. CCG is still around but only has the bottom of the barrel guys left.

You should join the 666th. We are a really well coordinated outfit. We do our main ops every Saturday and there are giveaways like SC cards, dog tags (who cares), and on occasion they give away graphics cards. There are usually a ton of people doing coordinated play pretty much everyday of the week. We have training classes for everything from air and armor training to platoon leading and "baseology". There is plenty of room to move up in ranks if you want or you can just stay a grunt if you don't want the responsibility.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So, once again, they're going back and patching in stuff from PS1 that should have been there from the start.
Yay?
Eh, they shouldn't have added the Phoenix unless they changed the way it was, compared to PS1. Non-NC are going to bitch about getting Phoenix sniped by a bunch of HA hiding behind rocks; NC are going to bitch about how half their team is behind rocks sniping people with Phoenixes so they can't cap anything.

othree

I hadn't been able to devote much time to playing in the past month, but about to get silly this weekend and do some work. Hope to see some of my TR brethren around.

Helldiver

blah blah blah
Already applied and was accepted, I'm a former PS1 member. Just that I can't get myself to install TS/Vent (what ever you guys use), can't break the Skype habit. Then there's the whole issue of dying while having the [666] tag on, don't feel like embarassing them or myself.

What's the deal with the 666 hate going on in chat sometimes?

Sludig

Apparently the leader of CCG was using some of the donation money for personal use and one of CCG's top officers found out. From that point said officer informed his officer core and they left the outfit with a majority of their members to form GSGS. I've heard from some of my higher up 666 members that this might have been more like a coup where that top officer didn't like the leader and wanted to start his own outfit with all the CCG members but who really knows. CCG is still around but only has the bottom of the barrel guys left.

You should join the 666th. We are a really well coordinated outfit. We do our main ops every Saturday and there are giveaways like SC cards, dog tags (who cares), and on occasion they give away graphics cards. There are usually a ton of people doing coordinated play pretty much everyday of the week. We have training classes for everything from air and armor training to platoon leading and "baseology". There is plenty of room to move up in ranks if you want or you can just stay a grunt if you don't want the responsibility.
Like I said, work etc was keeping my from really being able to be on regular and contribute (and SC2 expac coming soon!) But I'm off nights and back onto floats at work so now I may actually have some evenings and stuff free to play. Also getting back my speakers repaired so I can actually voice com and hear anything.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Will totally pop in with my fellow FoH once my spent cash carries over to different characters.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Even more reasons to play HA, do they plan on giving any other classes more cool toys?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Even more reasons to play HA, do they plan on giving any other classes more cool toys?
I don't know, but sometimes I feel more OP as my engineer. I spent 7$ to unlock the engineer anti-vehicle turret. I love sneaking behind the enemy lines with it.

That said, having NC as the only faction to get a camera-guided HA launcher can't possibly work out. Unless it's really really REALLY slow and you can shoot the rocket down, I can picture dozens of HAs hiding and causing havoc. But I'm sure it will be good for a surge in SOE SC purchasing
wink.png