PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whatever dude. I'm tired of arguing with you about this. You want more of a shooter game than most of us. That's fine, but that's not what drew me to PUBG.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Clearly didn't read. Outskirts are bad late in the plane because you lose to much time before you even get there. Long dropping also had this problem. It's viable, but you don't get to do it and then bitch about not having enough time. You don't have enough time because if the decisions you made since you didn't consider the consequences.

I think showing the circle before you drop would have been huge, especially on Miramar, for getting people to drop places like that new city. The fact is if loot is good enough people will go to these places. The loot in all these border places on Miramar isn't good enough to justify going there ever. Old map is a little better. Places like primorsk and lipovka are decent enough. I even named multiple edge of the map places I go to

I think seeing the circle would improve the looting situation/timing issue with the new circle systems. They should have released them at the same time. As Cyb also said, you spend a lot of the game running from a shitty beginning circle because even if you don't long drop, you might be across the map from the first circle. As a rough example I've had games where the plane starts around Georgepol and ends at novo, but the circle is up around Stalber. With the new timing/circle speed. If you decided "hey Prim might be reasonable" you're in for a long drive, even if you went george early, you're in for a drive assuming you survive. The Georgepol situation might actually be worse because of the firefights taking up time too.

I still liked the new circles primarily for the end game ones. The pacing was really good. The first one was still crappy. If you know where it is before jumping though you can plan your drops a little better. Plus the new circles ended up being in a lot of new places so it was less predictable and fun that way too.

Cybsled

Honestly if you want to practice shooting, then playing the war mode is your best bet. Hot dropping as a means of practicing is garbage, because either you are king shit because you got lucky and some good loot while everyone has garbage and you mow people down, or you landed at the wrong side of the building, only find a crowbar, then get gunned down in 2 seconds by a full auto SCAR.

Btw, got the first blood achievement just now and didn't even realize it. I fast dropped to get a car to drive to desert military, someone else had the same idea, but I got there faster and backed over them lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
I used to play solos sneaky style. Never engaged unless they engaged me or it was a sure kill. I had like a 20% win rate and 90% top 10 rate with like a 3.0 KD back when I did it. Not amazing, but not bad. I play squads/duos 95% of the time now so I don't get to do that. My team wants to engage EVERYTHING, but that's retarded. Like engaging with an encroaching blue zone or with no cover or with no scopes at range.

If you want to practice just shooting people nonstop at close to medium range, it's War Zone until it expires. I assure you I can outshoot most everyone. Just because I'm a tactical player doesn't mean I'm a potato.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
War Zone is definitely good for practice gun play. My only complaint is the randomness of your starting gun. I generally don't want an SKS when I'm landing 5 feet from someone else.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well played War Modefor a billion hours yesterday. Highlight of the day was this game. My team ended up being just that. My team and my team only. 4 of us against 23 other people. A team of 7, team of 7, and team of 9. Where was the location? Fucking School. Did we win? Of course we did:

Probably the most fun game of War Mode I played. Felt like fortress defense or something.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Played a round of the 10 v 10 v 10 event, pretty entertaining.

Fadaar

That guy
Well played War Modefor a billion hours yesterday. Highlight of the day was this game. My team ended up being just that. My team and my team only. 4 of us against 23 other people. A team of 7, team of 7, and team of 9. Where was the location? Fucking School. Did we win? Of course we did:

Probably the most fun game of War Mode I played. Felt like fortress defense or something.

durka durka!

Xevy

Log Wizard
This made my day. We were getting ass-pounded for a few games but this shit is so funny when it doesn't mean your game is over when it happens:

Edit: he wasn't cheating by the way, it's just a graphics bug I've only see in War Mode, but it's hilarious.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Savage changes PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS :: Codename: Savage Round Two Testing Goals and Details

Hey friends,

Later tonight, Codename: Savage will return to the Closed Experimental Server for a 48-hour testing window. Below you can find all the details about the event, including patch notes showing what’s changed since the previous round of testing.

CODENAME: SAVAGE TESTING WINDOW
  • OPENS: Mon, April 16, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 17, 3am CEST / April 17, 10am KST
  • CLOSES: Wed, April 18, 6pm PDT / Tues, April 19, 3am CEST / April 19, 10am KST

HOW TO GET ACCESS
If you do not already have access
to the Closed Experimental Server, you can get one from this website: http://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com/

Keys are limited, so hurry if you want one!

If you already have a key for the CES, you don’t need to sign up again—just use the same Closed Experimental Server launcher from last time.

PATCH NOTES (WHAT’S CHANGED SINCE LAST TIME)

Redzone
  • The redzone’s size and duration have both been decreased.

Bluezone
  • A new feature enables the bluezone to calculate and adjust its waiting time based on the number of players left alive.

Spawn Balance
  • Grenades now spawn more often.
  • The strongest scope which can be obtained from care packages is now the 8x scope.
  • Total numbers of boats spawned has been decreased, but boats now spawn more predictably along the towns near the sea.

Map Changes
Three new areas have been added:

Banyan Grove, middle of the island
9449438e268c2c7a5d869a4032084409869e88e0.jpg

Abandoned Quarry, middle of the island
36f926a6f1153770d1b449f5c23f23d4c5ec0522.jpg

Dock, southeast side of the island
34fce6fd780a0fbec2c0a73c32a3e332933fbb95.jpg

• Improved object placement on bridges to better facilitate movement.
  • Improved the surrounding terrain to make it easier to climb up to the land from the river.
  • Some hard-to-see doors are now more visible (less dark).

Weather
  • Dynamic weather now changes in real time throughout each match (it used to change just once during each match).
  • Wet ground now looks less shiny.

Sound
  • Improved issue of hearing footsteps late or from incorrect locations.
  • Rain sounds have been slightly increased
  • A seaside ambient sound effect has now been implemented.
  • An inland swamp ambient sound effect has now been implemented.

UI
  • Minimap grid marking has been adjusted to match the smaller map size.

Effects
  • We improved an issue causing the blood effect to block the player's sight after getting hit in FPP mode.

Bug Fixes
  • We fixed an issue causing boats to not consume gas while driving.
  • We fixed an issue causing Savage's world map and minimap to look blurry.
  • Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented players from moving immediately after using the item quantity pop up menu.
  • We fixed an issue causing the minimap to show as blank when viewing the Death Cam.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to take no damage when exiting a moving vehicle.
  • Killer Spectating mode now works properly even when the killer died shortly after killing the viewing player.
  • The camera should now function properly after players are knocked out by fall damage.
  • We fixed an issue causing the blood effect to not up properly when shooting other players.

Known Issues (Investigating)
  • Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn't get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (LOL)
  • Sometimes other players appear as zombies.

PLANS FOR FUTURE TESTING

The feedback you guys gave us during the first round of testing taught us a lot about how to improve Codename: Savage.

The map won’t be ready for a full release for a few more months. But in the meantime, we’ll keep using these super short testing windows to drive development—we believe that working with players in an “open development” process is the best way to make a map that players love. So please keep the feedback coming!

We’ll post an announcement later today once Codename: Savage has gone live on the Closed Experimental Server.

Love,
PUBG Corp.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I said in one of my posts the other day that they're really pushing the direction of this game based on esports and streamers. Which is great, and streamers are definitely why the game did as well as it has.

But for longevity it's going to kill them, and it's sad they can't recognize it.

Saw yesterday that wtfmoses posted a video about Ring of Elysium. I don't necessarily know if it's the PUBG killer, but when right out of the gate (the game looks very raw right now) a game already has better hit registration, tick rate, networking, etc, it's not good for the future of PUBG.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Streamers and ESports are 2 completely different styles of play, with the exception of both disliking the current circles.

This type of game just isn't watchable as an esport. There's no enjoyment in it. You don't follow anything, and the casters are really bad. The scoring system is atrocious as well.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Had a great squad game last night that lasted roughly 30 minutes, I was dead after 10 (shot in the head while driving to circle duh... squad was in the 3wheeler ahead of me). I stuck around to spectate because I feel I can only learn from them. In the end it was 1 of our guys vs 4 others and he cleaned them up, chicken dinner time!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
> Be me, bored IT drone at work
> Check around on internet for vidya to play
> Oh neat a battlegrounds patch is coming
> Wonder if it has new guns or the new map is ready
> Adds new paid loot crate and a crayon doodle flight path to plane drop
> Video games are dead

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The rate at which they are releasing crates is fucking absurd. The Kar98 looks good, but isn't worth $200

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS :: PC 1.0 Update #11

Hi everybody,

Patch #11 will hit test servers soon. Please leave your feedback on the [test server][forums.playbattlegrounds.com] feedback board.
If the patches made to the test servers are proven to be stable enough, they will be deployed to the live servers within the week. Live server update schedules will be announced later.

UI / UX
31da751dce2d088bd799c0f3cc57ff8049ff9856.jpg

• A marker has been added to the map that allows players to check the flight path of the plane.
    • The path is visible from when players are at the waiting lobby up until the point when they fall down to their final drop destination.

Bugs Fixes
  • There should no longer be excessive blood effects when you’re getting shot in FPP mode or while aiming down sights.
  • Fixed issue that sometimes caused blood effects to not show up when shooting other players.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing character silhouettes to remain visible while inside smoke
  • Switching weapons while prone should no longer cause certain animations to break

Custom game real-time spectating
  • In the lobby's custom match list, you can select an ongoing game and watch it in real time.*
    • Games that have the Public Spectating option set to “On” can be watched in Custom Match.
    • For private matches, you can spectate the game by entering a given password.
* The custom game real-time spectating function is still in an early development stage, and some functions may be unstable. We appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks.

New crates
f5d778da742632949cac895c844e70fa6258c8b4.jpg

6fc74ddbf5b3b439890c684ff912b6b8a4c911fd.jpg

7193c4b2d54fd8444e32c7f793234a9d034bfc57.jpg

• One new paid crate and one new frying pan skin has been added.
    • For the purpose of security verification, Equinox crate x10, Weapon Skin Key x20, Early Bird Key x20, 100K BP will be distributed to all accounts.( Test server only )
  • The frying pan skin, "Target Practice", can be purchased separately as an individual item for 5,000 BP. It can be purchased only once per account.
  • New paid crate, "Equinox Crate", will offer weapons skins. It can be earned with 25% chance as a Weekly Random Crate.
    • "Equinox Crate" can be opened with Weapon Skin Key, which can be purchased at the Steam store.
    • There is one bonus item. If you’re really lucky, you can get that skin as a bonus on top of the crate’s normal reward items
  • The chances of getting each item in the new paid crate are as follows.
  • The chances of getting each crate as a Weekly Random Crate are as follows.
4f4f994684a6f652ea35f339fdcebe3e0e8f9657.jpg

Crate system
  • Weekly random crate reset date is changed to every Thursday, 00:00 UTC
  • This change will be applied from this week

Thanks for playing!

With love,
PUBG Corp.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So save 5000 bp to buy frying pan asap and sell for $ then? Alright, some income while I'm out of work a month.