PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah, they arent getting anymore money out of me.

If they expect me to pay for new maps, I'll find another game.

Hi2u Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Cybsled

Paid maps do fuck the playerbase, though. Fragmented playerbase = you alienate part of your playerbase = less overall people play = less overall people are going to buy your shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The event pass is for cosmetics. It will eliminate the Steam marketplace portion of the game at least since all the items are available to everyone since they can buy the pass. It'll get rid of the Chinese point farmers which were a huge blight to the playerbase.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Great, now we are going to have retards trying to get these daily missions done thus fucking with the gameplay of a match.

Hated that shit in BF1.

dsafsadfasdfasdf.jpg

dsafsadfasdfasdf.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Eh, on the upside it makes it easier if you're playing to win. While someone is trying to kill you with a crowbar or revolver, you can mow them down with a M16 ;p

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm interested, and I'll probably give them $10, but I really fucking hope there aren't a bunch of retarded missions like that.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reading that press release is so infuriating:

They insult their playerbase by trying to sell Crate & Key system as anything but RNG highway robbery. Just milking the same system every other recent game uses.

Now they add the Event Pass, which I can't blame them, but at least admit they see FortNite raking in insane cash and want to copy the formula.

They should have said "We know you've heard of the Battle Pass.... Now we're introducing... THE EVENT PASS. And it's going to be AWESOME!"

Just make a joke out of it, poke at FN a bit, and stop insulting your players.

Laughable press statement.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I have to pay a monthly sub of 10 bucks to be able to get cosmetics, and half the cosmetics are temporary and no longer usable after the month... is that how it works in Fortnite cause this sounds fucking stupid.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I have to pay a monthly sub of 10 bucks to be able to get cosmetics, and half the cosmetics are temporary and no longer usable after the month... is that how it works in Fortnite cause this sounds fucking stupid.

FortNite is $10 for 10 weeks.

The FortNite model is that it's a 10 Week Battle Pass, you can level up the battle pass to 100. During your journey to level 100 you will unlock permanent cosmetics.
Every Week new challenges are released that help you level up faster. There are ~7 challenges per week, all are released the same day (Thursday). You do not gain anything additional from completing challenges, they only help you level faster.

Without challenges the only way to level your Battle Pass is by Completing dailies & by leveling up your account.

Seems like it's the exact same thing PUBG is implementing. But idk.
That would suck if it's monthly lol...

$10 / 10 weeks (in FN) is a good deal and actually some Battle Pass rewards are in-game currency... I've heard if you save all the currency you can buy the next Battle Pass without spending anymore RL cash... so technically you could have an infinite Battle Pass for only $10.00.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
According to the reddits, PUBG Pass is 1 month. Also, Fortnite is free, $10 for 10 weeks, PUBG costs $20-$30, is $10 for 4 weeks. Yea. Awesome.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
For shits and giggles I tried to do the get top 3 with no kills by just being completely naked, picking up nothing, and camping. First game I was top 2, but the last guy wouldn't fist fight me. Second game a guy shot at me, but after I kept punching air decided not to kill me, dropped me some bandages and drinks, and left. Got top 5

It's boring as fuck, but it can be pretty amusing at the same time. Just listening to people around you while you camp center circle, watching people run right past you prone in a bush, etc. Lols worthy for a few games

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Though despite the money grab on the game pass they did. The patch seemed to be pretty good on performance. pushing 110-130fps during the game now. feels real smooth on all maps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Actual FPS hasn't really been a problem for a long time unless you're trying to play on a toaster. 1060 runs it flawlessly at 1080p.

The real issue still the shitty netcode, but I'm not sure that will ever actually get fixed.