PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Sweet thanks, so I still have a chance of getting out of this waldo shirt someday...
View attachment 169749

I feel like i get a ton of shirts, more than everything. With the pass/free shirts from missions I feel it's kind of a non-issue for those now. Or just buy the one you want for 15 cents on the market.

Cybsled

Apparently Shroud and Wadu got a 1 month ban for flying around with the hacker in the car. lol

PUBG Corp/Bluehole are fucking idiots. Shit anti-cheat doesn't detect people flying around in cars and using wallhax, then they ban popular streamers/personalities instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Shroud knows better but I'm sure he doesn't give a shit. Gives him an excuse to not have to play PUBG for a month at least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
stopped playing this for a while now but just had to also comment on how this company is just terrible with their moves times and times again. From bans to poor game support, to shitty content update to completly fuckin retarded lawsuits has their solution to attack competition in court rather than attacking them with a higher quality product. Its like this company is a blueprint on what not to do when your in the game business. They had a lucky move being the first of a new genre but thats it. Their luck ran out. i had my share of fun in this game but seriously, fuck whoevers in charge.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shroud has been learning Rainbox Six Siege lately. I doubt he gives a fuck about PUBG atm.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Alienating your biggest streamer/advertiser for a month is a bold move. Be interesting to see how things go after that.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Apparently Shroud and Wadu got a 1 month ban for flying around with the hacker in the car. lol

PUBG Corp/Bluehole are fucking idiots. Shit anti-cheat doesn't detect people flying around in cars and using wallhax, then they ban popular streamers/personalities instead.
Make sure you buy your Shroud exclusive skins, yo!

• 1Worf

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Alienating your biggest streamer/advertiser for a month is a bold move. Be interesting to see how things go after that.

To play devil's advocate (i agree with you for the most part) it's also hard to say "naw, let them fly around with the cheaters, or have cheaters deliver items to him from the guys he killed,, on stream, with no repercussions" Because that would draw ire from people calling out/bitching about bluehole giving favors to the golden boy Shroud. As it is they are already doing that by making it a month ban and not perma.

Imagine being not shroud, getting in a harry potter vehicle and a hacker drops you off somewhere and you kill someone else. that person reports the death cam because wtf. It's solos, and A) they're teaming and B) it's a flying fucking car. Gonna be looked at pretty hard as breaking both the no teaming up in solos rule and voluntarily getting a ride from a hacker.

But on the marketing side, absolutely, banning that draw is going to hurt.

From the players perspective (shroud or not) what do you do too? Just let them kill you? Odds are the hacker that blatant has an invuln cheat of some kind going too. So, just quit? Let them kill you then report? Just have fun with it and see what happens? Having fun i can see being really appealing as both a player, and to his viewers who might still buy pubg because the harry potter car IS hilarious. But then it goes back to the making sure all players have to abide by the rules, and deal with consequences.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's worth noting that the game in the video is like the third in a row or something where he had to deal with that cheater being in the game and fucking with him. First game cheater ran him over, second game he killed the cheater. At what point do you just give up and try to have fun with it?

Are you expected to just log out and play something else?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Opinion invalid, used Wildstar as an example of [insert literally anything] instead of leaving it in the dumpster like every sane gamer did.

That game was DOA (Dead on Alpha)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I mean that's what he used Wildstar as an example of, complete failure. I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I watched that video too but I agree some of his arguments were fairly off base. Talking about ID and 3drealms. Weren't they bought/merged with Bethesda/Gearbox respectively? 3DR pretty much killed themselves with Duke, but ID is doing just fine with their games under bethesda, Doom 2016 and upcoming sequel. (Quake champions was a flop i think when it comes to marketing, but I enjoy it when I play it. just zero community. And those who do try it, bitch and moan about arena shooters because it's not like COD/CS etc) But if they keep up the progress with Doom and potentially quake single player campaigns, I'm all for it.

But his point was also more about how people are dumb for saying pubg needs to die via Battlefield/COD BR because those companies haven't done that. I think DICE has a chance at doing ok because they still have a history of 64 player servers + larger maps. But i feel they've forgotten their roots as maps have become smaller and smaller to compensate for performance and/or compete with the backyard sized maps of CoD.

Whereas activision seems like they have a tougher time because they have ZERO experience comparatively with large open map design, let alone the coding of larger maps for both client/server resources.

And slippery slippery thats where the problem lies in itself. Yeah it's multiple games in a row with the guy. But it's still, imo the incorrect action to just run along with it and start being given rides by the cheater, and being told by the cheater where people were, and he then followed up on that advice and killed people. It's the same as the people who start cheating in games because they're tired of being killed by cheaters back in earlier CS days etc. I think anyone else besides Shroud would have been permabanned and not just a month long ban.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He had a point about PUBG having a "Nugget" of something, stupid analogy but I know what he meant. The game's art, pacing and gun-play just feel "right". PUBG is essentially the Counter Strike of the BR genre. If they just fixed a dozen high profile bugs and got best-in-class network performance the game would be unbeatable. Of course, that said, BF V will have destructible environments, probably be able to drive tanks and shit too, so it's going to be cranking the BR genre up to 11 but will it be as consistently fun as PUBG?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
He had a point about PUBG having a "Nugget" of something, stupid analogy but I know what he meant. The game's art, pacing and gun-play just feel "right". PUBG is essentially the Counter Strike of the BR genre. If they just fixed a dozen high profile bugs and got best-in-class network performance the game would be unbeatable. Of course, that said, BF V will have destructible environments, probably be able to drive tanks and shit too, so it's going to be cranking the BR genre up to 11 but will it be as consistently fun as PUBG?

Probably not knowing their retardation with vehicles. Someone will become a god with a honeybadger and destroy everyone on the server.