PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Someone is full of shit. Guy was a top tier CS:GO player for a decent length of time and regarded to be one of the top mechanical players even if his decision making was dubious at times.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Someone is full of shit. Guy was a top tier CS:GO player for a decent length of time and regarded to be one of the top mechanical players even if his decision making was dubious at times.

Even that aside a guy with this skill level that streams this much is going to capture some of those most insane things ever.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
That's nothing short of surprising. Not specifically him, but it was a common thing during his csgo stint amongst many others and tons of finger pointing.

Problem with someone at his caliber is the slightest cheat even just a flinch of the center of his screen can do phenomenal wonders. It'd be only something him and other -elites- can get because who ever is making it is making serious money.. If it works anything like csgo.

It's just your typical all eyes on, regardless of cheats or not, it's not full blatant.. And he still possess strong skill alone.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I mean more general stuff. Weapons that are ideal, weapons to avoid, places to go, shit like that I guess

spronk

FPS noob
if you wait to drop until the very end (ie force drop) you tend to see a lot more AFKers/bots who are easy kills, but that strat has become more popular recently so you may end up against other people with the same strat.

you don't need to loot THAT much, its better to loot a bit then go hunting people and steal from their corpses. Its better just dying early but being aggressive than dying late because you got outplayed/outgeared, since you'll spend like 80% of your time just waiting around in 1 spot to people to come to you and you aren't really learning anything then.

Assume after 5-10 mins in a game there are going to be a lot of people camping inside houses with shotguns just waiting for people to walk in. ie, don't run inside places once the circle is relatively small, you are probably beaten to it and will get jumped. Better to be outside and look for people running and try to snipe/kill them. Crates are a great place to camp, just sit a bit away and as people run up kill and loot them.

I'd just play 20-30 games solo until you get a feel for the weaps and maps and circles, then duo/4 man squad it as thats more fun if you have the option. 100% solo all the time is fine too, thats how I play and really enjoy it but squad game is a whole new level/experience.

M16, M416, UMP are all fine mid to longer range weapons, shotgun is obviously great at CQC. The kar98 is a great sniper rifle but you need a 4x/8x scope and some of the other attachments to make it great, and that can be tough to get. I usually run a UMP and a m4/m16 or a shotgun and a m4/m16. Don't hoard painkillers/energy drinks, as you get to the sub-30 number you should be popping them more often to run faster and regen if hit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Team all got wiped by a dubious chinese player. I called hacks because the way we died. Recorded it. Reviewed the tape. He can shoot through walls. Looked up his stats:

wojiushilihaia - Overview - PUBG Player Stats

Fuck these Chinese garbage cans. I wouldn't mind them all being fucking cheaters if they did it on their server so I didn't also have to deal with insane latency AND their haxploits.

Edit: Least their 65% headshot aimbot is right on the money!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is there no fall damage? Like the guy jumping out the window in the first clip of the highlights?

Cybsled

Dunno lol

As for more PUBG hints:

1) There are certain hot spots, but the hot spots differ by region. As a general rule of thumb, the military base on the southern island, the school (big solid square in middle of map), the docks (both on the southern island and the one in the north-west), and the thing marked the prison are extremely popular spots. Reason? They typically spawn really nice gear. The housing complex north of the prison, the power station, the bunker, some of the major towns by the coast, and gun range would be next. When you get used to the mechanics, you may want to consider jumping on these spots just to try to get used to gunplay. You will die more than likely, but it can give you some practice (assuming loot RNG doesnt fuck you).

2) Doors default to closed. If you see an open door, that means a player has been in that building. Mind you, a closed door doesn't guarantee safety. Good rule of thumb: if you are going to enter a house and are concerned there is someone inside, try to peek in the windows. A lot of players close the doors to the outside, but dont bother closing the doors inside the house. Open doors inside but closed doors to the outside is a good sign a player is potentially waiting to ambush you.

3) That being said, closing doors behind you is a good habit. Players would have to open a door to enter usually, which gives you an audio cue that someone has come inside

4) On that note, sound is your friend. Headphone are recommended, because the sound mixing in this game sucks (ie, you need sound on high to hear footsteps, but gun fire is loud as fuck lol). Players inside buildings will make lots of noise (stomping on floors), players outside will make a different noise (stomping on gravel). Crouching reduces noise, crouching AND moving slow makes even less noise. I believe the radius of footstep sound is 50 meters? This is one game where ingame sound is critical. On a side note, rain and fog maps play with the sound a bit, which can make for some interesting gameplay.

5) Going prone in grass/bushes can sometimes be good camo. That being said, the game's engine doesn't render it past a certain distance, but it DOES render players. I want to say 100 meters perhaps, maybe a bit more? So people would just see a player lying on smooth dirt at a distance. If you are under sniper attack and are certain they are distant, finding cover is more likely to save you than trying to hit the dirt prone.

6) Airdrops. If one lands near you right at the start of the game, I would recommend going for it if you have a semi-ok weapon. Players are significantly less likely to have a sniper early on and people are more spread out, which increases your chances of a loot n' scoot. Having a car helps. Late game, you're asking to get killed. However, use that to your advantage: Many players are trained to look for people running for the crate, which means they may not be looking in other directions. It can be a good opportunity to advance on a position if you aren't in the direction of the crate.

7) If you plan on using boats, bring a gascan. They burn fuel fast and getting stuck in the middle of the ocean is a good way to die. On a side note, currently bullets cannot penetrate water, so diving can be a way to save yourself (at least for a little while).

8) Meds! Super medkits (they basically look like briefcases) will heal you to 100% health, but they take up a lot of inventory space. Regular medkits heal you to 75% and are your bread&butter for healing. Painkillers and energy drinks can heal that remaining 25% not healed by medkits, but they are a heal over time. If you stack painkillers/drinks, you get an icon of a stick dude running. That means you also have a speed boost, which can be important. You'll notice a series of lines above your health. The more that line is full, the more painkiller/energy drink HoT effect you have/duration. Bandages heal a small amount and are a heal over time effect, but you can spam them in a pinch.

9) Helmets! Even a level 1 helmet is better than nothing. Pistol shots will 1 shot you if they land a headshot w/o head protection. Likewise, grab a vest...it is bullet "proof" armor and increases the amount of damage you can take. Backpacks are also important, as they increase inventory size. Speaking of which, EVERYTHING takes inventory space, including ammo. Don't overloot and dont be afraid to dump some stuff, especially the closer to end game you get. Meds and critical ammo types are the priority, along with maybe a short range scope if you need to swap out a high magnification one for close quarters.

10) To add an attachment to a gun in your inventory, you can either drag it over to the gun or just rclick it and the game will auto-attach it to w/e it thinks it belongs with. General rule of thumb: 4x and 8x are probably the best snipe scopes. There is a 15x, but it is VERY hard to land shots and it is almost useless if the player is close. The 2x and holo is good for close quarters. If you have a regular shotgun, put a choke attachment on it (they look like little rectangle things). It tightens the spread, which means it is very easy to one shot players if you aim in the head region AND if gives a decent distance buff to the shotty.

11) As for guns, really it comes down to feel. Some, like the vector and uzi, have very limited usage beyond the early game. Ditto for the VSS sniper...if can be godlike very early game since it has a built in silencer and scope, but once people get armor, it becomes fairly useless. The most popular end game guns that are not skydrop loot crate are Kar98 (bolt action sniper, VERY deadly), the AK and M14 variants, and the SCAR-L. They also recently added the mini-14 and tommy gun to world drops. Mini is a sniper and pretty decent, although lower damage (closer to the SKS auto-sniper) and the tommy gun is a beast in close quarters, but limited outside of that (unless you are on a fog map, in which case the close quarter guns are more useful). UMP is a decent short/midrange gun with the proper attachments. Revolver is basically the game's version of a deagle...you can potentially one shot people with the thing if you hit them just right, but it is slow to load and a very difficult handgun to use. Learn what sounds the guns make...every gun has a distinct sound, which is key to knowing what you are up against.

12) Best sniper in the game is AWM (AWP). The ammo and gun are ONLY found in crates. Just like the AWP, you get hit by this, you're pretty much dead unless you are well armored. M24 is also from crates, but it is virtually the same as the KAR98. Ghillie suits only come from crates and are godlike late game. If you go prone in the grass, players can run right near you and not see you unless they are extremely observant.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Is there no fall damage? Like the guy jumping out the window in the first clip of the highlights?

Yes there is fall damage.. but it usually depends on how far you fall. Also this game still being 'early access' it could probably be cleaned up a bit.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
might be full of shit, but its well known that there is a coder that makes cheats for streamers, its top secret (not so top secret). Even using trigger bot once in a while to get them omg, look what he fucking pulled off moments, is worth it for a streamer. there is hundreds of thousands of dollars to be made when you can pull shit off like that every now and again.

I know dude is a CS:GO god, im not saying he cheats, im just saying, its in their interest to toggle trigger bot every once in a while to get them oh shit moments.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
might be full of shit, but its well known that there is a coder that makes cheats for streamers, its top secret (not so top secret). Even using trigger bot once in a while to get them omg, look what he fucking pulled off moments, is worth it for a streamer. there is hundreds of thousands of dollars to be made when you can pull shit off like that every now and again.

I know dude is a CS:GO god, im not saying he cheats, im just saying, its in their interest to toggle trigger bot every once in a while to get them oh shit moments.

lol great argument.... "I am not saying he cheats but..... he cheats"

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
lol great argument.... "I am not saying he cheats but..... he cheats"
i dont know if he cheats, i dont watch him much. Im just sayign that double shotgun shit looked suspect. If i watch streamers, its usually, ceez, Doc or OP and once in a while Flamehopper. I do not view Shroud enough to say he does or doesnt, i just said, that that shit looked suspect. I'm not the only one that has said that. lol

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I just got this. Any advice on getting good?

Drop in Pochinki and get your butthole jammed until you learn combat. Games will be quck and bloody, once you start winning engagements you can start going for the long game.

Join discord and squad up with us, we have 2-4 people playing every night.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not really related to anything, but my brother in law (always play squads with him) is now ranked top 200 in solo FPP, and top 2000 in squad FPP.

Never known him to be super awesome at FPS's, but god damn...gotta say I'm impressed.

Also, regarding loot in Cybsled's post, that's not entirely true. All "loot spawn points" can spawn good loot. The reason places like school, military, and Georgo are so good is they just have massively higher concentrations of item spawn points. This is why you'll find level 3 helmets in shitty little yellow buildings sometimes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, the last official statement on loot months ago was that all spawn points are equal, it's just a matter of density. I don't know that that comment was even a dev though so who knows.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think some building types are more likely to have better loot and not just spawn density. Look at the long storage garage like structures in Georgepol docks or the docks on military island. I regularly see level 3 items and higher end weapons there. And those buildings have what, 4 or so spawns inside and then the platforms just outside. Then there's the shipping containers in the same areas, usually with good items on top.

So I feel it's more building type that has a quality modifier followed by how many spawns a building may have. Hence why you rarely see anything I'm the Harry Potter/potato houses, whatever you want to call them. As they seem to have maybe 2 to 3 spawn points on the upper level and only 1 or 2 on the lower. Yet you can see anything from pants to a kar98 in them