PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
got my first top 2 (solo 3rd person), at the end I was behind a rock, the circle wasn't getting any smaller and I had no idea where the other guy was. I didn't move, he didn't move - eventually I ran round my rock and took some fire but couldn't locate him, ran back round and the firing stopped. After a while of nothing happening I got bored, moved and died.

How do you deal with that situation?

Sadly, that's really the only way to out of two. Try to draw his fire, find him and return fire and kill before he drops you. With the other option being, let him be that guy who draws you fire. This is especially a thing in first person where it's a game of who is the best snake.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shotguns are largely unreliable. The only time to use them are A: if it's the first weapon you have B: the only CQC weapon available (no SMG's) or C: you have a choke. A choke makes most of the shotguns go from a 50% chance of one shotting with a body-shot to something like 85%. The S686 with a choke has some extreme range, but only two shots. The pump shotgun with a choke is great for people rushing your house. The S12k is mostly bad except with a compensator and extended quickdraw. It'll never have the tightness of a choked rifle, but you can get 7 shells off in about 3 seconds which is more than enough for one person if you control the spread.

Overall for close quarters I'd never, ever pick up a shotgun if ANY smg is available. And then I usually dump an SMG for a red dot SCAR as my close quarters. For SMG's the Ump is a very practical weapon and I used to use it exclusively until more recently. I'd say for SMG's it's UMP (try burst with a red dot if you don't have an AR as well) > Vector (only with extended mag) > Tommy Gun (honestly haven't used it much) > Uzi (stock and compensator help immensely). The Uzi isn't bad, but iron sight only and it takes 7ish bullets to kill some one with a 2 vest in the body and it only has a clip of 35 with extended. The real key to SMG's is controlling the recoil into their face. Nipples to nose will kill anyone instantly as no matter WHAT the gun, 3 headshots will kill them. Even with a 3 helmet. 3 Uzi bullets will kill some one. I think it's less for T1 helmets and T2 as well.

Overall shotguns do suck, but they can come in handy if you get a nice line up on the shot with a choke on. I have a clip of me killing a guy with a shotgun blast instantly. I went to loot and his 1 helmet and 3 vest were untouched. Not sure if that's the shotgun's problem or the 3 Vests are bugged as people are claiming now.

Regarding your last bit, I'd put some money down on that I've had this happen and not just with shotguns or lv 3. Maybe I've ignored helmets since I already had one. But I remember being shocked looting to find full health armor/I thought helmet on them. My best theory was that they just took face/arm/leg shots with my rifle spray and it actually has that much hit detection over just cranium with helmets.

Cybsled

Sadly, that's really the only way to out of two. Try to draw his fire, find him and return fire and kill before he drops you. With the other option being, let him be that guy who draws you fire. This is especially a thing in first person where it's a game of who is the best snake.

This is where have lots of grenades helps as well (smoke or explosive).

Also, patience can win you things. Whoever gets sick of waiting is usually the first to die ;p

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is where have lots of grenades helps as well (smoke or explosive).

Also, patience can win you things. Whoever gets sick of waiting is usually the first to die ;p

yeah didn't have any nades and knew patience was the only way to win, oh well

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Thats when I start challenging them to a pan battle for supremacy over the in game voice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Buddy got me playing Fortnite and was shocked at how much fun I was having so picked this up as well to try out. Not really sure what I'm doing so I've just been finding a shotgun or rifle followed by the heaviest looking car I can find and running people down or hopping out and blasting them. Haven't placed higher than 20 with this strat but am having a lot of fun. Kind of wish the circle closed a bit faster as the match really slows down once it hits sub 40 players left.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You say that until you can't find a car and you're barely keeping within the circle on foot. Also, the game is vastly different in squad vs solo. There are many games where it's fire fights constantly and then there are games that are slow. It really comes down to where everyone dropped versus you and a ton of other factors.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard

Either the best shot ever made in the history of the game (he apparently shot through 2 windows, the North window and East window) OR....

just another cheater. I've seen one about every day I've played now. Pretty sure they're mostly exclusive to 3rd person though because their software doesn't work or work as well with first-person.

• 1Barf

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
so lucky.

3761773E98566B4CFFBE5C2AEC1C4134BEF8B05F

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Either the best shot ever made in the history of the game (he apparently shot through 2 windows, the North window and East window) OR....

just another cheater. I've seen one about every day I've played now. Pretty sure they're mostly exclusive to 3rd person though because their software doesn't work or work as well with first-person.
looks legit to me

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
is there any kind of wall hacks going on? 2 out my last 3games, i was upstairs with no one next to me, i turn around and get killed from someone upstairs with me. I dunno.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah cheaters are getting more frequent. The other night I had a guy head shot me and my squad mate while we were standing in the middle of the school gym. Then he killed our other squad member who was in a different room on a different floor. All this happened in like 30 seconds.

It's not super common yet but hopefully they get on it before it gets out of control. I just need this game to survive long enough for a better developer to jump into the genre.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
is there any kind of wall hacks going on? 2 out my last 3games, i was upstairs with no one next to me, i turn around and get killed from someone upstairs with me. I dunno.

There are hacks that ignore walls.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Seeing as I've spawned in at least twice to urban zones with no buildings rendering and still able to see everyone, the code / framework / engine is a little bit shit at properly hiding people you should not legitimately be able to see if everything was running correctly.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
There are hacks that ignore walls.
One of the times, it was in squads. We killed 2 of the other teams in Mylta, and they had 1 guy beachside in a house on the 2nd story. A plane went by i went around snuck in killed the dude upstairs, right next to the stairs. He died instantly (no teammates left ). So i go to loot his corpse and then i die. Then all of a sudden there is someone up there 2 seconds (probably a little faster) after i die looting my corpse. Was super sketchy. Unless that dude was fighting in that house on another team hiding for over 2 minutes while we were fighting, then they were cheating.

Some things just arent adding up lately.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm curious if the cheating is isolated to Third Person or if you see it in First Person?

Was wondering that, but some one just posted a clip of first person match with a cheater, so apparently. If you're curious just look at Asia FPS servers. They're fucking rife with cheating.