PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Currently all signs point to it dying the same death every early access survival/battleground game does.

It's the best of them so far, but they have been shitting the bed pretty badly the last few months.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Despite the boat loads of money they made, they haven't actually done shit with it. I mean, where the hell is the new map? The vaulting update? I know these things take time, but holy shit, the game has just stagnated for months now. I haven't played in almost 2 months.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hackers ruined DayZ mod for me.

Why can't I have nice things

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They are gonna have to restrict China to their own servers or the game is dead, simple as that. Asia in general but mostly China ruin basically every PVP game they can access.

• 1Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Despite the boat loads of money they made, they haven't actually done shit with it. I mean, where the hell is the new map? The vaulting update? I know these things take time, but holy shit, the game has just stagnated for months now. I haven't played in almost 2 months.
I think they are switching engines. PU posted somethign about them moving to a new engine and thats what setting them back. I dont know if they got that upset over using unreal that they are moving things around.

Something is fishy with that though.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Probably just can't do any more with the version of the engine they're running. Was curious so I checked out the wikipedia for PUBG and it runs on UE4:

"To prepare for the release of its free-to-play "Battle Royale" mode in Fortnite in September 2017, Epic had to make a number of Unreal Engine modifications that helped it to handle a large number (up to 100) connections to the same server while still retaining high bandwidth, and to improve the rendering of a large open in-game world. Epic will incorporate these changes into future updates of the Unreal Engine."

So I guess Fortnite runs on a much better optimized version of UE4 than PUBG does? Would explain why it cooperates so much better with 100 players and a bigass map.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Probably just can't do any more with the version of the engine they're running. Was curious so I checked out the wikipedia for PUBG and it runs on UE4:

"To prepare for the release of its free-to-play "Battle Royale" mode in Fortnite in September 2017, Epic had to make a number of Unreal Engine modifications that helped it to handle a large number (up to 100) connections to the same server while still retaining high bandwidth, and to improve the rendering of a large open in-game world. Epic will incorporate these changes into future updates of the Unreal Engine."

So I guess Fortnite runs on a much better optimized version of UE4 than PUBG does? Would explain why it cooperates so much better with 100 players and a bigass map.
PUBG has a huge team, they can mod the engine too

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game is mostly them not tuning current servers for whatever reason and them degrading + a huge amount of hackers.

Gameplay, weapon balance, etc is all currently tuned fairly well with some tweaks. No OP weapon, many weapons viable for different uses. Game has a LOT right, but the things wrong with it are just burning out people who have played before these problems existed and deterring new people who think this was always the norm.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had alot of fun with it, maybe around 30 hours of gaming so i feel i got my moneys worth. But last night was my last tilt in this game. Am more of an agressive player across every game i play. From hots, sc2, cs go etc. I like to force fights and spin them in my favour. Pubg just caters way too much to a slower, ''camper'' approach which i can now say isnt my bag at all.

Last few games i did i just got clipped while running from houses to house in towns with zero chance of returning fire. The gameplay isnt forgiving at all to my play style. The few games where i scored top 5 remaining players i just took a really camping approach. One game i scored the highest, ending second place, was when i had to afk in a bedroom to go change my kid diapers. Came back, last circle was baiscally over my house.

gg pubg

• 1Solidarity

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm

Most of the shit in PUBG is from 3rd party hobby artists that sell their shit on the Unreal store for 20 to 80 bucks. The game is never going to be optimized well when they don't create their own assets and it will never be as well optimized as something from EPIC Games. How heavily they use the Unreal store makes me worried about vaulting, shit is going to be a horror show. They had hundreds of millions of dollars now so hopefully they started fresh on the new map, created all their own assets so it runs better and isn't full of retarded shit like bullet proof bars on windows and 1 foot bumps that stop cars dead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
20 million sold. That's just insane to me because it's not even out of early access yet or on the Xbone.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Always a good sign for a game when an official announcement is followed up by "We know everyone is unhappy."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Always a good sign for a game when an official announcement is followed up by "We know everyone is unhappy."

Haha, right? Although, it's probably a good sign.

Consider the alternative is the Star Citizen style schtick where every shit-colored feature, opinion, problem is pawned to the masses as rainbow beams.

• 1Like