PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wonder if they got some kind of deal that lets them bypass the usual twenty thousand goddamn dollar fee for patching your game.

Maybe that has been done away with (it always was super retarded).

Xevy

Log Wizard
So far I hate the new map. Too many huge cities with multi level buildings. It's sniper camp central. I'm probably 75% in fights where each of us know where the other is, but getting 2 shot by an SK from every dildo on a rooftop feels not fun. Also the loot is so fucking spread out. Like one item per room in buildings with 10 rooms. Wasted time. And all these buildings with tight corners and hallways and closable doors on every one. It's like they want this to be the CQC Urban combat simulator which is the least fun part of the game even on Map 1.

Cybsled

That would be easily solved by having fog weather. The only people who cry about fog and rain are those who like to snipe 24/7 ;p

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well fog is interesting. In Map 1 it made the game closer range, which is good as Map 1 is basically all open, flat area. In Map 2 it would make it a nightmare. In town settings it would prevent elevated snipers but force everything into CQC in buildings which is the fucking worst. You'd basically have everyone in some dark corner sitting there listening for footsteps until they HAD to leave. Now out in the open area between mountains it'd be pretty cool because people wouldn't be able to stand at the top of mountains and shoot down or they'd be spotted/murdered immediately.

Xevy

Log Wizard

The guy had it won and got blued. I literally don't even know how.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far I hate the new map. Too many huge cities with multi level buildings. It's sniper camp central. I'm probably 75% in fights where each of us know where the other is, but getting 2 shot by an SK from every dildo on a rooftop feels not fun. Also the loot is so fucking spread out. Like one item per room in buildings with 10 rooms. Wasted time. And all these buildings with tight corners and hallways and closable doors on every one. It's like they want this to be the CQC Urban combat simulator which is the least fun part of the game even on Map 1.

Well, they did in fact say the new map would focus on closer combat and urban situations. They made it sound like the map was going to be smaller but eh. Personally I like close combat stuff over the fields of sniping any day. I don't know that I would ever play the new map for serious in third person though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Well, they did in fact say the new map would focus on closer combat and urban situations. They made it sound like the map was going to be smaller but eh. Personally I like close combat stuff over the fields of sniping any day. I don't know that I would ever play the new map for serious in third person though.

People play third person for serious in general?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Third person is shit but I have friends that defend it because "It's the way the game was meant to be played".

Does anyone know if it shows the hotkeys for the replay feature in the game menus? Such as Pause/FF/Rewind/etc. It looks like it will be really fun to make videos using the free camera stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Third person is shit but I have friends that defend it because "It's the way the game was meant to be played".

Exactly. I think we all know those people though. Just because it's the first mode released in a very unfinished product based around another unfinished product, I never felt like it was a "meant to be played" argument. Reminds me of some people I used to play Supreme Commander with and would exploit the fact you could fly aircraft outside of the map on the right and south sides to avoid defenses until they came back into the map. Their defense was "it's allowed cause the devs haven't fixed it yet"

The replay and map is just on test until the 20th right, assuming it stays on track? Thats when I'll probably be playing again.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Does anyone know if it shows the hotkeys for the replay feature in the game menus? Such as Pause/FF/Rewind/etc. It looks like it will be really fun to make videos using the free camera stuff.
Spacebar free's up the camera. J allows you to to choose the time of the vid and/or speed up or slow down the video.

Controls are in the settings menu

• 1Like

Hekotat

Exactly. I think we all know those people though. Just because it's the first mode released in a very unfinished product based around another unfinished product, I never felt like it was a "meant to be played" argument. Reminds me of some people I used to play Supreme Commander with and would exploit the fact you could fly aircraft outside of the map on the right and south sides to avoid defenses until they came back into the map. Their defense was "it's allowed cause the devs haven't fixed it yet"

The replay and map is just on test until the 20th right, assuming it stays on track? Thats when I'll probably be playing again.

It's always the guys that aren't very good at the game too, I think they like it because they can actually line up for the kills. Yeah, the 20th is when it's supposed to go live I hope they fix some of the bugs that are game breaking.

1. Sometimes when reviving a teammate the counter will just stop at 75% every time and you can't revive them.

2. When enemies round a corner sometimes they don't appear until they are 10+ feet away from the corner but they can see you. It almost looks like lag switching or just lag but I have no way to tell if it's a bug or some asshats cheating.

3. Bullets will not penetrate glass or where glass was occasionally. I have not seen this one personally but I heard a few teammates complaining about it, I've just had issues where there was no bullet spray when having a guy dead to rights.

4. Shotguns are broken or retarded, maybe even both. Can't kill people with 2-3 shots point blank but will down someone across the room with 1 shot.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
fuck

I used to make a lot of TF2 videos using their replay feature and this is exactly identical. Guess it's time to start uploading again.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like 3rd person better because I can find my attacker when pinned down. I currently only play FPP because there seem to be less cheaters. If you think you only get people camping behind walls in TPP you're out of your mind. I eliminate entire teams in cities just sitting in a nook waiting for the footsteps of my rushers. You know, when footsteps actually work.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I like 3rd person better because I can find my attacker when pinned down. I currently only play FPP because there seem to be less cheaters. If you think you only get people camping behind walls in TPP you're out of your mind. I eliminate entire teams in cities just sitting in a nook waiting for the footsteps of my rushers. You know, when footsteps actually work.

There has been a lot of weird footstep issues for me as well.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I thi
It's always the guys that aren't very good at the game too, I think they like it because they can actually line up for the kills. Yeah, the 20th is when it's supposed to go live I hope they fix some of the bugs that are game breaking.

1. Sometimes when reviving a teammate the counter will just stop at 75% every time and you can't revive them.

2. When enemies round a corner sometimes they don't appear until they are 10+ feet away from the corner but they can see you. It almost looks like lag switching or just lag but I have no way to tell if it's a bug or some asshats cheating.

3. Bullets will not penetrate glass or where glass was occasionally. I have not seen this one personally but I heard a few teammates complaining about it, I've just had issues where there was no bullet spray when having a guy dead to rights.

4. Shotguns are broken or retarded, maybe even both. Can't kill people with 2-3 shots point blank but will down someone across the room with 1 shot.

I think a lot of this has a lot to do with their shit-tier net code also. That abysmal tick rate is a good part of it too. I've experienced both sides of the shotgun thing. have downed people from pretty silly distances, or one-shot 3 people on a team in a row. but have also put a shot point blank into someone's upper body/neck and head area just sitting there and they shrugged it off, only to pop off 3 autoshot gun shots in return, missing the first 2, but one-shotting me on the third in between while I'm shocked from them surviving and trying to line up the followup that shouldn't have been necessary to begin with.

• 1Like