PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Have they confirmed in-game reporting even does anything? I thought I read it was just a data gathering thing. I thought if you wanted to legitimately report cheaters you had to go through the effort of recording video proof and posting it on their forums for them to have one person review a year later.

Cybsled

First Person has a lot less hackers overall. 3rd person is shitty anyways, which is part of the reason I haven't bothered with Fortnite.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
First Person has a lot less hackers overall. 3rd person is shitty anyways, which is part of the reason I haven't bothered with Fortnite.

I just don't like the feel of Fortnite in general. It's obviously a much smoother game than PUBG but I just don't enjoy it. Map feels too cramped, guns feel meh. Shots and movement feel great etc. I basically feel PUBG is going to be the Everquest of the genre, first big one of it's kind to get the ball rolling, but plenty of flaws. Companies here and there, like with Fortnite, will try and grab some attention but fail. But I hope that eventually there will be the WoW of BattleRoyale games that hits and just destroys PUBG in every way imaginable.

At this point, all I would need for that would just be a non-abysmal tick rate, First person, and non-cartoon graphics/animations (or if they were done right, would be ok I guess. But I do prefer the real'ish weaponry)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

There are rumors of a counter strike battle royale, but I prefer bullet drop to point n' click laser gun bullets.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I like that Fortnite took the PUBG formula and incorporated their game around it, with Building and tear down etc.

Countersrike would just be another Shooter that wouldnt be much different.

If you are going to steal it, at least remix it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have my eye on this one currently, but PUBG needs to get on performance/Netcode ASAP then start outputting maps like crazy.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I have my eye on this one currently, but PUBG needs to get on performance/Netcode ASAP then start outputting maps like crazy.

I like how enemies die on the spot instead of getting domed by a sniper and only going down but not out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
New patch to add loot crates, because fucking of course.

• 1Worf

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I agree. This wave of loot boxes, in game currency, and micro transactions has evolved into a disease capable of making modern gaming go the way of the arcade. In game cosmetics should be earned via in game weekly challenges/achievements. Although a non PC game and a bit dated , Halo 3 did a great job of rewarding players with armor pieces for multiplayer achievements.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't understand why everyone decided loot boxes was the best method for this. Why not just a flat amount? Hey, you want this shitty t-shirt? That'll be 25 cents. Want that cool biker jacket? $5.

You still have your cosmetics, but it's not locked behind some obscene game of chance for something that doesn't impact gameplay at all.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just don't understand why everyone decided loot boxes was the best method for this. Why not just a flat amount? Hey, you want this shitty t-shirt? That'll be 25 cents. Want that cool biker jacket? $5.

You still have your cosmetics, but it's not locked behind some obscene game of chance for something that doesn't impact gameplay at all.
Because gambling abuses human psychology way the fuck more. It's 100% to take advantage of their userbase and maximize profit, nothing more. There are some games where you can just buy cosmetics but they are the exception now, at least as far as major releases go, until these digital gamble boxes actually get recategorized as actual gambling.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users