PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say a very large portion of the success PUBG has had to this point is due to Twitch. It became one of the most streamed games really rapidly, and that fueled sales. Summit, Lirik, DrDisrespect, etc, are basically indirectly responsible for the shit tons of money PU has made.

To get in a twitter spat over that seems stupid.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's consistently one of the highest viewed on PUBG but there's a LOT of streamers with notable viewership on PUBG. I think Twitch is the face of PUBG more than any one streamer at this point. There's tons that even just have a few hundred viewers. It's beaten out LoL repeatedly for like a week which is crazy. Normally only CSGO and DotA2 do this during major events.

It seems like everybody that didn't like Doc being banned is being a wanker about it except for Doc, who is just staying in character, as much as I don't care for the character it's whatever.

For those that were wondering, there is currently no auto detection or ban for TK. It's based on reports only. So unless your friends are reporting you there won't be an issue. It is highly unlikely there will be much, if any, auto-punish for hurting your own premades, just griefing randoms.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I only say the face because he is always #1 streaming almost always, it's not a very far stretch that if someone has heard of the player, they heard of the game and vice versa.

Of course he's not the only streamer, summit and grimmz are up there, destiny if you like weak memes, steel is up there for me, etc.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I don't think I've ever seen summit not on top as far as sheer number of viewers. Next would be lirik and doc. Then below that you have guys like cohh, grimmz, etc.

Cybsled

xchickenizgud.jpg
Finally got my first solo chicken dinner

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I just discovered this game today via random internet magic.

Holy shit. Is this the perfect game? Will my GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ handle this game? I haven't played an FPS in a long time and I may need to scratch an itch.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I play it with gtx 760 so your 970 should run it fine, just put everything on low/very low and tinker from there. The rush reminds me of the first time killing a raid boss except thats every top 2 situation.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I play it with gtx 760 so your 970 should run it fine, just put everything on low/very low and tinker from there. The rush reminds me of the first time killing a raid boss except thats every top 2 situation.

The beauty about this game is that the rush repeats itself in several different forms regardless of how long you play.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
One of my favorite things about this game is it humbles you as long as you realize going in that odds are you WON'T win. But because of that, when you do win, the feeling is that much better. A friend of mine of 20 years is the type that ragequits games for long periods of time when he loses and he's loving this change.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
IS RNJESUS GOING TO FAVOR YOU TODAY, TRIBUTE?! OR WILL HE SHIT IN YOUR CHEERIOS AND PISS IN YOUR FACE??!?

Fadaar

That guy
One of my favorite things about this game is it humbles you as long as you realize going in that odds are you WON'T win. But because of that, when you do win, the feeling is that much better. A friend of mine of 20 years is the type that ragequits games for long periods of time when he loses and he's loving this change.

Yeah that's the one thing that took me a bit to realize. In solos if you're running anything higher than like a 2% win rate, that's very very good. I watch a lot of the best streamers during the week since I only work Fri/Sat/Sun and have entirely too much free time, and their win% in solos is pretty shit too. There's just way too much RNG and things working against you. Duos and squads, however, a stacked group can win very consistently. The TSM guys (viss, break, smak) if they get past the first few minutes of a squad match and get looted, there's a good chance of them winning. Watching some of the best streamer duo combos is just sick nasty.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly with this game, if you get 3-4+ kills it kind of feels like "winning."

Getting an actual chicken dinner win is like a completely different euphoria. Like you've conquered the world.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chappie is my go-to dude for watching tryhards. Never really got into any of the personalites of any of the TSM dudes.