PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Cybsled

Paid crates that give shit items 99.9999% of the time are shit. CSGO always did that as well. You wanted that sweet AWP or Deagle and instead you get the fucking Tek-9 you'll never use in game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I reinstalled the game yesterday and it seems to have fixed all my stuttering issues, not sure if it was a fluke but the game felt like butter last night.

There also appears to be a memory leak since last patch. I start out using 6gb and after a few rounds I'm up to 9gb, if it hits 10gb my game crashes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I reinstalled the game yesterday and it seems to have fixed all my stuttering issues, not sure if it was a fluke but the game felt like butter last night.

There also appears to be a memory leak since last patch. I start out using 6gb and after a few rounds I'm up to 9gb, if it hits 10gb my game crashes.

If you're using 6gb, that's already like 2x too high. I think I've gotten up to 4.4gb with the old memory leaks before I had to restart. You should be at like the 3gb-3.5gb number for the most part.

Hekotat

If you're using 6gb, that's already like 2x too high. I think I've gotten up to 4.4gb with the old memory leaks before I had to restart. You should be at like the 3gb-3.5gb number for the most part.

I explained that poorly, that was total memory usage on my computer.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This gem was on reddit

I dunno if this guy will see this, I hope he does. I just want to salute that beautiful bastard.

My crew and I rolled up on a few homes, and found another group of 4. A brief fire fight left 3 of them dead, and their final member trapped upstairs in a house.

We told him to just come down, let us end him so his friends could play a new round. He wouldn’t. He told us to go to hell.

We told him one of our friends has grenades and is on his way. He told us:

“I’m taking all my meds so you guys can’t use them.”

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
If I'm bleeding out and know I won't live I'll drop nice stuff like 8x scopes and start crawling away. Fuck everyone else!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If I'm bleeding out and know I won't live I'll drop nice stuff like 8x scopes and start crawling away. Fuck everyone else!

Ive started shooting out tires on other cars I see to deny the enemy. And definitely blow all my med supplies.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Either my mic doesn't work (which I know it does thanks to Discord), or the people I get placed with just don't respond to anything -.-

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

Tip: practice keeping your view oriented properly when you're running around. You tend to stare at the floor for no discernible reason -- you ought to be lining your cross-hair up at head-level for every corner you go around.

• 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Tip: Dont be an asshole and critique someone that isn't looking for it.

Normally I do keep my gun up, but I was just scanning the floor looking for specific items, instead of wasting time bringing up the loot window.

• 4Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So why does it take a 2.8 gig patch to add this?

Anti-Cheat
  • New anti-cheat measure has been added

Red Zone Sound
  • Fixed the issue where the sound of explosions would become too loud when played simultaneously
  • Balanced the number of simultaneous explosion sounds, in order to optimize game performance
  • Fixed the issue where the explosion sound wouldn't play following the falling sound of a bomb

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Anti cheat systems tend to get scattered all over your code, and you don't wanna deploy it stand alone since that would allow hackers to quickly pinpoint where it is and start working hacks around it. By putting it in a massive patch it makes it extremely difficult to figure out what and where in the code the new anti hack stuff is.

basically if one new guy walks into your office as your manager announces there is a new anti harrassment HR guy, its easy to figure out who not to tell dirty jokes too. But if 100 new guys walk in...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

So why does it take a 2.8 gig patch to add this?

Anti-Cheat
  • New anti-cheat measure has been added

Red Zone Sound
  • Fixed the issue where the sound of explosions would become too loud when played simultaneously
  • Balanced the number of simultaneous explosion sounds, in order to optimize game performance
  • Fixed the issue where the explosion sound wouldn't play following the falling sound of a bomb

It's how the unreal engine functions, if you edit a module you have to re-download the entire module. You can't just patch in one line of code.

I saw the developers explaining it somewhere.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Looks like the anti-cheat patch has bluehole quality standards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Getting bored of OW, might have to buy this soon. I just get a kick watching your guys' gifs and such, but how long is each game? you start the game with a group of 3 strangers among what 100? then you run around finding supplies and the map gets smaller every 5 minutes until its last man standing? and its all hit scan?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Getting bored of OW, might have to buy this soon. I just get a kick watching your guys' gifs and such, but how long is each game? you start the game with a group of 3 strangers among what 100? then you run around finding supplies and the map gets smaller every 5 minutes until its last man standing? and its all hit scan?

You can queue solo, 2 man, 3 man or 4 man groups.

Alll Hit Scan except sniper rifles.

Rounds can be as quick as 2 minutes if you get jumped off the bat, or as long as 20-30 or so to win.