Playstation 4

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heck: Depends on how their PSU is set up it might actually. My PC PSU keeps some power once cut - not more than a few seconds though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's a good test for you, is the noise gone when you unplug it? Is it back if you plug it in? If so the PSU probably has coil whine. It's not really a big deal unless it bothers you a lot, although a brand new PSU should not be whining. Usually it's older components.

Column_sl

shitlord
How do you mean? Is there some sort of option to disable the internal UPS? If that's not what you meant, I don't have it connected to a external UPS, no.
The only thing I'm afraid of is if it's somehow the wiring in my house that caused it, seeing as I do actually have a charger for my phone that makes the same noise, as does the charger of my laptop
What I mean is you say you are having the same noise on multiple devices. So if you plugged the PS4 into a UPS it would help you tell if its your home causing the problem, or the actual hardware.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Here's a good test for you, is the noise gone when you unplug it? Is it back if you plug it in? If so the PSU probably has coil whine. It's not really a big deal unless it bothers you a lot, although a brand new PSU should not be whining. Usually it's older components.
The oscillating, whining sound persists for a minute or so after I pull the plug, then disappears, and reappears if I plug it back in.

What I mean is you say you are having the same noise on multiple devices. So if you plugged the PS4 into a UPS it would help you tell if its your home causing the problem, or the actual hardware.
Oh right, of course. I've actually tested it in an entirely different house, and it's definitely the same there. I'm more afraid that the wiring in my older residence is fucked up to a point where it's actually damaging my electronics in some way or another, and that I'm going to just break my ps4 again if I get a new one or if I get mine fixed.

Column_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I think everyone should put all there electronics on a good UPS, but im OCD with that shit.
It just doesn't make sense to me to buy a 600+ TV and a 400 dollar ps4, and not put that on a good backup/surge.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
So I just plugged in my ps3, just to check, and it's making the exact same noise near where I plug the power cable in. Maybe I'm getting paranoid and worried over nothing, and what I'm hearing is just audible electrical current? I don't know anymore
frown.png

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Nate Wells, Lead art director for TLoU, leaves Naughty Dog.The Last of Us lead artist quits Naughty Dog - GameSpotNot sure whats going on over there but there has been some big departures it seems. Is this kind of thing normal and the only reason we are hearing about it is Naughty Dog / TLoU?
Am I late to the party with this information? I looked around but didn't see it posted.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Nate Wells, Lead art director for TLoU, leaves Naughty Dog.The Last of Us lead artist quits Naughty Dog - GameSpotNot sure whats going on over there but there has been some big departures it seems. Is this kind of thing normal and the only reason we are hearing about it is Naughty Dog / TLoU?
Am I late to the party with this information? I looked around but didn't see it posted.
Wells only worked there for 1 year and 8 months, and the other recent departee only for 2 years and 7 months, which makes me think they were contracted for only one project, that being TLOU.

spronk

FPS noob
this was the list of games a few months ago, pretty shitty list

Killzone 3
Puppeteer
Shadow of the Colossus
Papo & Yo
Darksiders II
MX vs. ATV: Alive
Disgaea 4
Ninja Gaiden 3
Shatter

I'm sure its grown since then though. You also "buy" the right to (indefinitely?) stream each game for $2-5, not pay a Netflix like monthly sub fee. All in all, not something I want anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
puppeteer (ps3) and surge (vita) free for ps+ users add to cart checkout should be $0
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...SPLUSFREEGAMES

also if you are willing to take a chance you can get PS4's from amazon warehouse (used) for $256
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/

some people have gotten ones that were just box damage and perfectly fine, others have gotten ones that won't start (returns) and have had to deal with Sony to get a replacement (or just return to amazon). crap shoot, but not too bad to save $150+. Xbox ones are also available there sometimes.