Playstation 5

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Meanwhile....I sit back and wait for v2 to be released while the rest of the world scrambles for PS5 v1 as if we didn't see this with PS4, PS3 and PS2 launches.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
End of the day it isn't a huge amount of money and if a V2 launches within a year then I'll just stick my V1 in another room and use it as a media device.

spronk

FPS noob

they will be $700-800 bundles but you can return extra items in store no problem. your chance of getting one are low but you can try logging in/creating account, setting up address/cc, and then be sure to delete your cc after this week from their website

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
End of the day it isn't a huge amount of money and if a V2 launches within a year then I'll just stick my V1 in another room and use it as a media device.

A lot of forums have two kind of posts:
1) waah waah waah I didn't get one
2) omg the launch edition is such crap, I'm glad I didn't get one

Sure thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
A lot of forums have two kind of posts:
1) waah waah waah I didn't get one
2) omg the launch edition is such crap, I'm glad I didn't get one

Sure thing.
I'll get one in March.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The more I use my PS5 the more I dislike the DualSense. The only positive thing I can even say about the damn thing is that they finally got rid of the stupid light bar and the lights on the top aren't blindingly bright like the one on the Xbox is. Everything else is either the same or a step backwards from DS4. I probably wouldn't be quite so negative if not for the utterly fucking retarded decision to not allow me to use the DS4 with PS5 games even though that works just fine when you do it via Remote Play. DualSense adds nothing of value to Demon's Souls but the back button attachment for my DS4 sure as hell does; I can't stand not being able to move the right stick while sprinting (and I'd map dpad-down to the other back button). I've actually considered hooking my Pro back up and playing the game with Remote Play instead.

The new UI still needs a lot of work too. I understand now why Sony was so reluctant to let anyone see it before release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seriously on the UI. How hard is it to just incorporate something that works (The old UI) with folders and such. It isn't that hard.

I also do not like the mic on the controller. If only because I have to remember to mute every damn time I start a multiplayer game if I do not want to be on voice comm. Is there a default setting to start this thing in mute mode? Probably not.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Seriously on the UI. How hard is it to just incorporate something that works (The old UI) with folders and such. It isn't that hard.

I also do not like the mic on the controller. If only because I have to remember to mute every damn time I start a multiplayer game if I do not want to be on voice comm. Is there a default setting to start this thing in mute mode? Probably not.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

One other actually-useful feature I forgot about is that the mic mute button also mutes the console audio entirely if you long press it. Nice to not have to fumble around for the TV/Receiver remote to mute if the phone rings.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To me the dual sense is basically the same as the DS4 with slightly better ergonomics and vibration. Battery life seems similarly shitty and beyond that there’s not much new. Microsoft’s approach to the D-pad is definitely better for games that actually use the D-pad as a D-pad, but it seems most games use them as just extra buttons so I don’t really blame them for keeping it the way it is. Super retarded that you can’t use DS4 though for PS5 games, no reason other than Sony doing Sony things to try to fuck people over.

I guess for people that use the back button thing this sucks since there isn’t a dual sense option yet, but I never used it so no loss there.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Got a DualSense today. Had to go get a USB-C to A as I didn't have any and it wasn't included with the controller.

For Steam, had to switch to beta version to get it to recognize the DS5. No other services does it though. Guessing Windows doesn't support it automatically like a DS4 yet? With my DS4 Uplay+ recognizes the DS4 and uses the correct buttons, but with the DS5 it says no controller connected until I use DS4Windows.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No reason to buy ps+ from anywhere but places like CDKeys. Almost always $30.

Does anyone actually use psnow? I never see anyone that actually has it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I did the 7 day demo to try out bloodbourne on PC, played pretty well considering it was 2 years ago i think? maybe just 1 and some change.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty strong rumors Sony is gonna put out a gamepass competitor and I imagine it'll have to include PSNow as a component

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yep, my PS5 was stolen in transit, Amazon had no problem refunding me but I am pissed. Somewhere between the warehouse in Burlington NJ and the local Hatboro post office that shit was swiped.

Last update Friday at 618am:
Arrived at local carrier facility

PO claims its a container scan and they said the package never made it there but Amazon is saying it was delivered to the post office.

I have a USPS claim in but I'm sure some asshole is racking up trophies on my PS5 right now. It really isnt the end of the world, but people like that should face the consequences but this fucker is 99% going to get away with it. Do I have any other options, I mean the package wasn't stolen from my porch, it was somewhere within the shipping process......Amazon didnt really seem to give a shit.

Grrr, 2020 luck continues, guess I have to get lucky a 2nd time in order to find a use for the 2 games and 2nd controller I now have.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

pretty strong rumors Sony is gonna put out a gamepass competitor and I imagine it'll have to include PSNow as a component
Fully expect some kind of sweet deal we can exploit. Keep us updated! Lol