Playstation 5

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So apparently there's a shit ton of issues with ps5. My source at sony canada has confirmed record setting bad unit batches. Almost did a pre-order today but naw

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So apparently there's a shit ton of issues with ps5. My source at sony canada has confirmed record setting bad unit batches. Almost did a pre-order today but naw
I trust Sony’s plan

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got a heads-up from local friends about being able to get a second PS5 this week and was considering doing it to re-sell, but after the last few posts I don't know. Too much risk of it being lost in transit, or arriving and having technical issues. I'm lucky enough to have gotten one that worked right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I trust Sony’s plan
ryan gosling clap GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yep, my PS5 was stolen in transit, Amazon had no problem refunding me but I am pissed. Somewhere between the warehouse in Burlington NJ and the local Hatboro post office that shit was swiped.

Last update Friday at 618am:
Arrived at local carrier facility

PO claims its a container scan and they said the package never made it there but Amazon is saying it was delivered to the post office.

I have a USPS claim in but I'm sure some asshole is racking up trophies on my PS5 right now. It really isnt the end of the world, but people like that should face the consequences but this fucker is 99% going to get away with it. Do I have any other options, I mean the package wasn't stolen from my porch, it was somewhere within the shipping process......Amazon didnt really seem to give a shit.

Grrr, 2020 luck continues, guess I have to get lucky a 2nd time in order to find a use for the 2 games and 2nd controller I now have.

1606276994357.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So in other words, buy the extended warranty this time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What’s really fun is getting stuck in the world in demon souls and not being able to move or use any items to kill myself and respawn ruining 15 hours of play. :(

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

It is no longer possible to pre-order the PS5. It already released.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably get a series x for now. Better QC and really better console.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My PS5 was supposed to be delivered today but apparently will be delayed due to "mechanical vehicle delay" - Pretty sure this is just them saying some employee stole it and we cant find it so lets make up an excuse :D

Oh well nothing to play on it now "for me" anyways.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, my PS5 was stolen in transit, Amazon had no problem refunding me but I am pissed. Somewhere between the warehouse in Burlington NJ and the local Hatboro post office that shit was swiped.

Last update Friday at 618am:
Arrived at local carrier facility

PO claims its a container scan and they said the package never made it there but Amazon is saying it was delivered to the post office.

I have a USPS claim in but I'm sure some asshole is racking up trophies on my PS5 right now. It really isnt the end of the world, but people like that should face the consequences but this fucker is 99% going to get away with it. Do I have any other options, I mean the package wasn't stolen from my porch, it was somewhere within the shipping process......Amazon didnt really seem to give a shit.

Grrr, 2020 luck continues, guess I have to get lucky a 2nd time in order to find a use for the 2 games and 2nd controller I now have.
Amazon records serial numbers so finding the stolen console wouldn't be hard at all once the person who ends up with it goes online. But as you said, I guess it's technically not stolen from you until it lands on your porch so it's up to Amazon to pursue it with Sony and USPS if they want to bother.

I'll probably get a series x for now. Better QC and really better console.
It really is. From a hardware and design perspective, the Series X is miles ahead of the PS5, which feels like it was rushed to market purely because it had to release the same week as MS' consoles. If it weren't for the disparity in exclusive games that will end up saving them no matter how badly they otherwise screw up, Sony would deserve to get beaten far worse than they did in the 360 vs. PS3 generation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It really is. From a hardware and design perspective, the Series X is miles ahead of the PS5, which feels like it was rushed to market purely because it had to release the same week as MS' consoles. If it weren't for the disparity in exclusive games that will end up saving them no matter how badly they otherwise screw up, Sony would deserve to get beaten far worse than they did in the 360 vs. PS3 generation.
I think that’s a bit hyperbolic. Yes, they rushed to market and could have used a couple more months to harden the software side, but I don’t think there’s really any widespread hardware or design issues. The widespread issues seem software related, and performance wise the hardware is close enough that I doubt you’ll see any difference (Valhalla actually performs better on PS5 than XSeX for some reason).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Sounds like MS waited for a particular chip before they pushed units out.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'd agree that PS5 seems to have a few software issues. It was definitely rushed out with some features missing like VRR or 8K support both of which are scheduled for later. Lots of report of issues with the USB ports, it doesn't seem to be mechanical but software issues.

Technically the Xbox Series X is a better machine that should perform better, but Digital Foundry comparison of Dirt 5, Devil May Cry and AC:Valhalla have not shown this yet with all 3 games basically flip flopping on performance...but none of these are true "next gen" games so they are probably anywhere near pushing the tech much, I expect when we start seeing true next gen games on both systems that Xbox will pull ahead a little, but it seems it won't be by much.

PS5 still dominates in exclusives which I believe in the end will allow them to dominate this generation.

I will most likely pick up an Xbox at some point, last gen was the first time I didn't have both and didn't feel like I missed anything. I'm actually not planning on replacing my gaming PC when it dies, there's nothing that I only play on PC beside MMOs and I'm not playing any at the moment, and nothing coming out that I want anyways. So and Xbox might make sense for some stuff that used to be Xbox/PC. Games available will dictate if that happens or not in the end though.