Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob

sony struggling with PS5 parts cost, currently around $450 per unit and they took out the camera stuff. PSVR 2.0 coming after launch

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feeling like this is the point I move over to Xbox.

My kid will give me no end of shit about that but it's not looking good for the PS5.

• 2Picard
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Beagling
Reactions: 6 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's not looking good for the PS5? MS is going to have the same problems sourcing components, it's a shortage of DRAM and NAND caused by Samsung, Apple, and all the faggots who buy new phones and tablets every 9 months.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh so make it 499? I mean it's what most people are expecting anyway... In fact I'd rather pay 5-600 for a machine that's not going to grossly show it's age within 3 years of launch. And at least give us the specs of the damn thing.

With that said it's looking pretty obvious to me their original target was the magic 399, and if I'm right that's very underwhelming. I have no problem going 1080p to keep those frames up but they legit have got to put some oomph into the graphics power. I know the PS3 debacle was mostly linked to the price, and that's not completely wrong. However it truly was a shitty system that was over priced due to the CPU and Drive... the rest of the stuff was horrendously weak, mainly the memory. Had it been on par with actual PCs at the time, it would have been fine at that price. The PS5 absolutely has got to have smooth frames and loading times that don't take an hour.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure why this would make you go to Xbox. They will have a cheap version yeah, but it will be less powerful than the current Xbone X. Their top model is almost certainly going to be over $499.

Loading time thing is apparently resolved.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I make a jump it's to PC. With that GeForce service looking so awesome I may end up doing that anyway... I just would rather stick with console if they can make it decent (which are roughly the same specs I'd shoot for in PC)

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
to echo others yeah, not sure why this makes anyone go "WELP, NOT GETTING A PS4 NOW!"

I figured it would be between $400-$500 and I'll wait for the first price drop that puts it into the $300's to buy it. Unless GTA6 comes out and then i'll buy it at that original price point.

• 1Barf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah rumor has it Series X will be 499-599. If cost is 470 and change it's 499 more than likely. It was what I was expecting anyway.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I know I will get my money's worth from the exclusives, so my biggest hope for the PS5 is a more responsive interface. Might sound petty, but the amount of times I have clicked the wrong app because of the laggy interface is far too many to count. Add to that the shitty load times (HBOgo takes a solid minute or more these days) and you got yourself a recipe for unbridled frustration. I'm hoping the SSD helps with the load times but fuck if I know how that shit works on a console.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My response was going to be, "I'm not poor, so I'll buy both" but I'll wait on the Xbox. Playstation's exclusives are way too fucking strong.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know I will get my money's worth from the exclusives, so my biggest hope for the PS5 is a more responsive interface. Might sound petty, but the amount of times I have clicked the wrong app because of the laggy interface is far too many to count. Add to that the shitty load times (HBOgo takes a solid minute or more these days) and you got yourself a recipe for unbridled frustration. I'm hoping the SSD helps with the load times but fuck if I know how that shit works on a console.

Do I need to summon @Sean to explain hard drives? Supposedly the load times will be down to 1-2 seconds on ps5

I was expecting a $499 price tag but if it has a cost of $450 to make I’m expecting it would be more like $599. I’m still probably in, $100 isn’t going to kill the deal for me.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I can fix your laggy interface.

Boot the PS4(Pro) in safe mode, rebuild the data base, restart , buy Ut a 12 pack of beer.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Only Pro? I have a launch console

Either.

Power down - Hold the power button manually on your PS4 until you hear 7 beeps let gom and it will boot into safe mode. (You will have to plug in your dual shock controller via USB after it goes to safe mode)

Select Rebuild Database. It will say it takes a while but won't take as long as it says it does.

After reboot, your UI will kick butt :)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only Pro? I have a launch console

I do too and have none of the issues you describe, only thing lately is Prime freezing video for the first 30 seconds while audio plays and then catches up. Kinda weird

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I do too and have none of the issues you describe, only thing lately is Prime freezing video for the first 30 seconds while audio plays and then catches up. Kinda weird

Been having that issue with prime too.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Either.

Power down - Hold the power button manually on your PS4 until you hear 7 beeps let gom and it will boot into safe mode. (You will have to plug in your dual shock controller via USB after it goes to safe mode)

Select Rebuild Database. It will say it takes a while but won't take as long as it says it does.

After reboot, your UI will kick butt :)

Awesome, I'll give it a try. Thanks!