Playstation 5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was actually thinking about getting a racing wheel and pedals and cockpit/chair for forza 5. Logitech 923 and a good chair (portable). Looks kinda fun.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was actually thinking about getting a racing wheel and pedals and cockpit/chair for forza 5. Logitech 923 and a good chair (portable). Looks kinda fun.
Do it, it’s a lot more fun and good exercise.

1633528780240.jpeg

• 4Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
In college a couple of guys and myself bought Fanatec setups for Forza and would drink and play all weekend. Shit was amazing, I miss my setup. I've always thought about setting up a permanent cockpit in the game room.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I have 4 PS5 controllers, the oldest I got when I got the console at launch, the others were bought with a few months interval.

They all have stick drift. Its not noticeable in any games, besides in cyberpunk in the stores, where it will keep scrolling on its own. Guess that menu is very sensitive.

Anyway, these controllers suck dick. Not even feminine dick, the full blown Foler kind.
Analog sticks send an X and a Y value to the console. No idea what the actual value is for a PS5 controller, but let's say it's 0 to 255 or -127 to 127. That's a lot of values for not that big a range, so if the stick does not centers perfectly you will have a residual 1 or 2 that will be sent instead of the 0 you want. For that reason, games use a so called dead zone, basically ignoring values smaller than, say, 5. If you only see drift in that one menu in Cyberpunk, the most likely scenario is not that your controllers are terribad, it's that the coding of the menu is terribad and uses no dead zone.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Ahahahahah...

the hilarious thing about this is if you previously bought a PS5 on your account, at any time, you can't buy a new one even locked behind this tech $200/yr sub service. There were a ton of bot resellers in discord yesterday super angry because they bought the sub then couldn't actually check out, lol. Many have dozens of accounts (using proxies/VPNs) too and just assumed all would be able to buy.

i think they all applied to get a refund but this escalation in the war of resellers vs retailers vs consumers vs manufacturers is getting fun to watch, on the sidelines

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There is more to it than just that though. Free delivery and installation/Wall mounting of displays. 24/7 tech support round the clock, extended 60 day return/exchange above normal policy, exclusive events, covers any Apple Product including accidental insurance (Apple+). Doubt I would buy it but it isn't like there may not be surrounding value for non tech people. If they threw in their legacy 20% off new games on launch, depending on how many new games you buy per year, it could pay for itself with the additional value adds.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There is more to it than just that though.
The point stands. I'm sure there's great value for it. If you cared for all those things, you probably would have picked it. But if all you want is a PS5... then you're being told by BB "purchase all those services you never used and don't want to, and maybe you'll get a PS5 at MSRP".

There's a line between "added services" and "mandatory purchase". And I'm assuming that BB will be very happy if they get customers who subscribe for 200$ and never use any of those services...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, just like any type of plan like that. Tell you what though, I am sure glad I paid $500 for the 5 year extended warranty which covers burn in on my 2017 OLED 65" I am now getting a brand new OLED this model year :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The public's acceptance of subscription models for literally everything has completely fucked consumers.

A company is retarded for not offering them. Either they can sell their products/services, requiring them to pony up something immediately, or they can collect a bunch of cash up front for products/services that may OR MAY NOT ever need to be delivered. Subscription models allow them to collect money for nothing.

But hey, it's "easy!"

• 3Truth!

spronk

FPS noob

just a 980 pro with a built in heatsink custom sized for ps5, $249 1tb

1TB W/D SN850 SSDs are $164 at a few places this week like best buy, amazon, etc. you need to buy an extra $5-10 heatsink, super easy to stick on

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2TB XPG S70 Blade (full ~7000MB/s, not one of the gimpy ones) is back down to $300 at Amazon. Don't need to mess around with a heatsink either.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider

just a 980 pro with a built in heatsink custom sized for ps5, $249 1tb

1TB W/D SN850 SSDs are $164 at a few places this week like best buy, amazon, etc. you need to buy an extra $5-10 heatsink, super easy to stick on
Just did my setup last week with the SN850. I couldn't find a heat sink as they were all sold out. My best option was New Egg, and took almost 3 weeks out of China to get here. CHINA!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the curve has been super weird, i really expected gen4 SSDs to go OOS and climb up in price, but they keep falling in price. the one i bought is $5 cheaper today than when I bought it a month ago, I could get the $5 price match if i really gave a shit

Brad2770

First try through PSDirect and got one. Looks like I can get at least $300 for my Pro

• 3Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ended up going with the XPG S70 Blade 1TB. Just don't see myself needing > 2.5TB total on PS5 when I'm only just barely closing in on the limit of the stock drive after a year. Unlike most options, it's actually the same price per TB ($150) as the 2TB version so I didn't feel like it was a waste. As long as you have a PC motherboard with an open Gen4x4 M.2 slot it's not like it's a waste even if there's an actual need for more space someday.

Glad you have one of the rarest dashes in existence as a gaming setup. That could easily net you 2-5k on the mk2 forums.
Building a wheel into a real dash in your living room seems like crazy overkill to me, but man I would kill for an actual GTI seat like the one in my car made into a racing seat/gaming chair.