Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ended up going with the XPG S70 Blade 1TB. Just don't see myself needing > 2.5TB total on PS5 when I'm only just barely closing in on the limit of the stock drive after a year. Unlike most options, it's actually the same price per TB ($150) as the 2TB version so I didn't feel like it was a waste. As long as you have a PC motherboard with an open Gen4x4 M.2 slot it's not like it's a waste even if there's an actual need for more space someday.

Building a wheel into a real dash in your living room seems like crazy overkill to me, but man I would kill for an actual GTI seat like the one in my car made into a racing seat/gaming chair.

I had a mk2 gti about 10 years ago, it came with a fucked up dash. I ended up paying 800 dollars for a shit one just so I could have it. I never found one to buy after that. Must be fucking nice, especially in that good of condition.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure those are all third party (reseller) bundles, their site is ass in trying to filter stuff sold by walmart only

2TBs $322 (+heatsink) on newegg, 1TB is like $165. now i kinda wish i had bought the 2TB, but i am not even close to maxxing out the drive anyways

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a buddy looking for a PS5, so if anyone's reselling lemme know.

Or if there's a good discord other than SpielTimes also lemme know. I don't have access to the PS5 drops since I already got mine =/

spronk

FPS noob
leaked walmart black friday ad shows walmart will have PS5s (and xboxes) online only for black friday

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
leaked walmart black friday ad shows walmart will have PS5s (and xboxes) online only for black friday
Seems silly to me to reserve stock for an online only deal. I could understand wanting to drive foot traffic into stores…

spronk

FPS noob
Its even worse, Walmart will require a sub to Walmart+ (think amazon prime) to get early access to the deals.

This holiday is gonna be a shit show all around from supply chain issues to stores fucking over everyone to fuel.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Its even worse, Walmart will require a sub to Walmart+ (think amazon prime) to get early access to the deals.

This holiday is gonna be a shit show all around from supply chain issues to stores fucking over everyone to fuel.
Ah, there it is - not foot traffic in stores, but driving subs to a new subscription service. Thanks for the clarification.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I’ve decided to buy one. What’s the best way to follow restocks? Is this Walmart thing going to be the best shot before the holidays?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think I’ve decided to buy one. What’s the best way to follow restocks? Is this Walmart thing going to be the best shot before the holidays?
Follow Twitter accounts that specifically post restocks or join a discord group. Really it’s not hard assuming you work in something that you can take a minute to try to go through the purchase process if the notification comes up. Took me like 3 days to find one from target last time I was trying. Could have gotten a bundle earlier this week too if I had wanted from somewhere else.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

I actually have Walmart+ because with grocery shortages there are some things that my autistic son wants that cause us major headaches if we can't get. The W+ guarantees extra deliveries, good times, no delivery minimums and no fees. Worth the $15 bucks a month for us, and the cost of two deliveries a month.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A week later, and I finally get a confirmation that I signed up for Sony's new holiday PS5 registry thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Do you think the PS5 shortages will carry into next year? Thinking about trying to get a second one to resale.