Playstation 5

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it wasn't working for me and saw some headlines about them removing it. Seems it doesn't work for some browsers or something. Suddenly worked for me when I clicked it again when it said unavailable previously.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The link I posted still works to add 1 year of PSNow for $60 to your account (US)

it'll get fixed within the next few hours for sure. PSNow subs will convert to PS+ Premium (highest tier) after June when the new tiers roll out, and thats normally gonna be $120/yr. They haven't said at all what happens if you have both existing PS+ and PSNow subs, nobody knows.
Still works using Chrome Incognito mode. Let me check out, and even add a different payment method.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Walked in to Bestbuy and snagged one of these. I haven't been in the Playstation ecosystem for a long time, and barely made an account. If this was you, how would you purchase or subscribe to Plus/Now whatever the hell the options are to access at least ps4 titles of note? Thanks for any free advice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Walked in to Bestbuy and snagged one of these. I haven't been in the Playstation ecosystem for a long time, and barely made an account. If this was you, how would you purchase or subscribe to Plus/Now whatever the hell the options are to access at least ps4 titles of note? Thanks for any free advice.
The was me, first Playstation since ps2. I subscribed to ps+ which gives access to some big ones like bloodborn, god of war and last of us remastered. The last good way to get ps now for a year disappeared last week as they are replacing it in June. There are sometimes deals for discounted PS+ so keep an eye out for those.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So about a month ago when i started up my ps5 i got an error saying, "Save game data corrupted" on my 2 most recently played and installed games. Not a huge deal cause had cloud backup and such. So revert to that save. But then it does it again everytime i turn on or wake up my ps5 with the same 2 games. I figured whatever, it was just those 2. But then today it did it to my spiderman game which i installed well over a year ago and havent touched since i beat it a year ago.

Anyone know what I can do to maybe fix it? Or am i just fucked?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So about a month ago when i started up my ps5 i got an error saying, "Save game data corrupted" on my 2 most recently played and installed games. Not a huge deal cause had cloud backup and such. So revert to that save. But then it does it again everytime i turn on or wake up my ps5 with the same 2 games. I figured whatever, it was just those 2. But then today it did it to my spiderman game which i installed well over a year ago and havent touched since i beat it a year ago.

Anyone know what I can do to maybe fix it? Or am i just fucked?

I would try going into the system menu and rebuilding the database.

Power off the PS5 completely - also, while you are at it plug in one of your controllers to the system.

When it is completely shut off, press the power button on the PS5 itself and hold it for 7 seconds until you hear successive beeps.

Wait for safe mode to load in, then power on the controller (wired in)

Select Rebuild Database from the list. Wait until it does it's deal.

When the system comes back on you will have some things in a default setting - don't worry about that it will rebuild as you play games again.

This usually fixes it.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah don't use sleep mode on PS5 some PS5s just don't work well with it, i always turn my PS5 off not go to sleep. it takes like an extra 10 seconds to startup, not worth the hassle. Any power interruption etc can fuck with your data.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rebuild database didn't do a thing when I had a similar issue, but a complete factory reset did. If you're lucky it won't keep happening, because at that point it needs a RMA and Sony is extremely resistant to doing those.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Ya i did the rebuild database thing when it first started happening. No dice there. Might have to give the factory reset a try.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
2tb adata SSD with heatsink is only $220 on best buy and amazon today only

great price, i have the samsung 980 pro 2tb in my PS5 and its been running great, the extra 2TB to install PS5 only games is really nice

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck off. We can't even find a damn console to buy. I'm not bitter though. Jerk.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
PS5s will drop on Walmart tomorrow, W+ sub (no trial) required. $13/mo or $60/yr, amex had a deal where you got like a free or 50% off membership but dunno if its still active. best buy also dropping this week with total tech probably required

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PS5s will drop on Walmart tomorrow, W+ sub (no trial) required. $13/mo or $60/yr, amex had a deal where you got like a free or 50% off membership but dunno if its still active. best buy also dropping this week with total tech probably required

So at either place, someone has to have a bullshit subscription and can't just walk in the door to buy one?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
No idea why, but I managed to get a PS5 from Sony direct. My PS4 probably got less than 100 (maybe less than 50) total hours of play time and I got it like a week after launch. There were games I bought that I never even bothered to play (I would put the disc in, it would require some multi hour update, I'd shelve it for a few weeks, come back only to see another update or something and just give up on trying after going through this cycle a few times). This happened even with games everyone said were great like The Last of Us and Bloodborne. Hopefully PS5 somehow grabs my attention in ways that PS4 didn't, but I guess I don't gaf about blowing $500 at this point even if it doesn't. Guess I'll see in early May!

• 2Pathetic