Playstation 5

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Target is moving to a just sell in store whenever they have stock model, just have to keep an eye on local inventory

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I never had drift with the PS4 controller, I had a drift issue with my PS5 controller that lasted like 2-3 days a month or two after release, but it fixed itself somehow and it never happened again.

I'm on my third PS5 controller in 16 months. First one lasted the first six months or so, second one had problems within a month, third is going on ten months with zero problems. I've never had any substantial issue with any other controllers and don't exactly play often enough to wear them out. Last time a controller stopped working on me, it was the PS3 controller after like six years.

So basically yeah, there are some issues. However, once you get a good PS5 controller they seem to be fine for a while.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The controller that came with my system had drift issues about 6 months in, sent it in for repairs. Haven't had any issues with my midnight black though.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The controller that came with my system had drift issues about 6 months in, sent it in for repairs. Haven't had any issues with my midnight black though.
Just checked and the one that came with my system is the newer version so hopefully no issues

spronk

FPS noob

its on a game by game basis I guess, theres like 40 games on the list so far.

Ive had VRR on my series X and LG OLED for a while now and honestly don't really notice, everything seems locked at 59 or 60 fps. Still nice to have a feature that reduces latency and doesn't require you to do a thing

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Right on time for this year's TV models to go on the shelves, which will be HDMI 2.1 and actually be able to use VRR.

spronk

FPS noob
if you're at work and bored PS5 direct queues opening in 12 mins

open in multiple different browsers (firefox chrome edge opera etc) for different timers

spronk

FPS noob

also sony has said PSNow current subs will convert to highest tier of PS+ Premium in June (June 13th is launch date in NA) while current PS+ subs will stay at basically the same thing with no changes. You can pay the difference to upgrade to higher tier, but you cannot use existing sub time to convert.

So if you have 2 years of PS+ right now and nothing else you can upgrade to PS+ premium, paying $60/yr on top of whatever sub you have, or stay at PS+. If you have 3 yeears of PSNow you will get 3 years of PS+ Premium. I don't think they have really said what happens if you have like 2 years of PSNow and 4 years of PS+

• 1Double Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Either way Sony is losing everything on the subscription service and it will bite them in the ass. They also better come out with Dolby Vision and Atmos support as well because it took them out of the set top universe for streaming.

If MS had the exclusives as of right now, Sony would be getting rightfully and painfully fucked up their ass.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Just managed to snag a PS5 off of Playstation direct, any suggestions for must have games on it? I am eyeballing the Demon's Souls Remake and Ratchet and Clank right now.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just managed to snag a PS5 off of Playstation direct, any suggestions for must have games on it? I am eyeballing the Demon's Souls Remake and Ratchet and Clank right now.

Demon Souls Remake, Elden Ring if you have not played it, Horizon Forbidden West, all the games in the PS Plus collection if you have not played them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
people are claiming the terms PlayStation®Plus | Monthly games, online multiplayer, discounts, and more | PlayStation say that you will convert to the longer of your PSNow or PS+ at the highest tier when it switches, so if you have 1 year of PSNow (or 3 months) and 10 years of PS+ you will get 10 years of PS Premium when it switches.

I'm not sure I believe it, but if its true you should totally have (at least) 3 months of PSNow and years of PS+ to get max value. I'm currently 3 years of PSNow and 5 years of PS+ and i think i would get 5 years of PS+ Premium which kinda sucks, i was hoping forr 5+3 not just flat 5

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the absolute least someone can subscribe to and pay to have access to their online system if say, I don't give a damn about free game or the other consumer crap?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What's the absolute least someone can subscribe to and pay to have access to their online system if say, I don't give a damn about free game or the other consumer crap?

ps plus. And wait for sales for a year for 39.99-42.99.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
repost in the tech forum if ya want but LG OLED A1 (2021 model) 77" is $2k at microcenter if you have one around you

THis is the A1 model NOT the C1 so it doesnt do 120hz and i don't think it does VRR either, but good for living room TV

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
repost in the tech forum if ya want but LG OLED A1 (2021 model) 77" is $2k at microcenter if you have one around you

THis is the A1 model NOT the C1 so it doesnt do 120hz and i don't think it does VRR either, but good for living room TV
Buddy sent me a picture of a 55" C1 at his MC that was going for $720... He'd buy it for me if it wouldn't be a crazy amount to ship it back to me. :(

spronk

FPS noob
sounds like road trip time

also for anyone trying to finangle a deal on PS+, be aware it seems like Sony has disabled stacking PS+. You can add a single year but if you try to do any more it blocks you according to tons of reports on twitter, and customer service at Sony is saying this is the way its gonna be until the new tiers roll out in June. So don't go ham buying tons of PS+, you probably will not be able to redeem em for now.

I'm good until 2027 woulda been nice to add a few more years but ah well

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Right on time for this year's TV models to go on the shelves, which will be HDMI 2.1 and actually be able to use VRR.

The LG OLED C1 (which I have) from last year also uses HDMI 2.1. It's pretty high-end though. It's also a tremendous TV (any LG C series is), highly recommended.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

If you want cutting-edge visuals to show off: Demon's Souls Remake, Ratchet, and Horizon FW. DSR is the best-looking game I've played on the system, probably because it isn't cross-platform (dumbed-down in any way). Course Elden Ring is also a must if you like Souls enough to want to play a giant one. Ratchet is good, but over fairly quickly (maybe ten hours). Horizon I haven't played but it's very well-liked.