Playstation 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, they were all forced to go through diversity training by the Soy Francisco office, so now it's trans furry pedo pillow sex.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
All my PS systems still run but my PSX I have to put the disc in then play the system upside down for it to read the disc.

This made me genuinely laugh imaginging this, in a time when I need genuine laughter. Thank you sir.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We all had the tricks we had to do in order to get older consoles working. I don’t think a single NES lasted more than a year without having to learn exactly how to put the cart in and press it down in just the right way for it to read

And it never seemed to be the same. You had to do yours one way, but a friend would have to do something different

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
a twitter account thats been reliable in the past (IronManPS5) says that PS5 will release Nov 14th in Japan, Nov 20th worldwide, and be priced at $400 for digital edition and $500 for disc edition. He goes on to say the Xbox Series X will be $500 and release on Nov 6th, $400 for Series S but that won't release until 2021.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
a twitter account thats been reliable in the past (IronManPS5) says that PS5 will release Nov 14th in Japan, Nov 20th worldwide, and be priced at $400 for digital edition and $500 for disc edition. He goes on to say the Xbox Series X will be $500 and release on Nov 6th, $400 for Series S but that won't release until 2021.

Depending on how many PS4 games can be used at launch, that price will probably make me upgrade at launch or fairly close to it. I think my PS4 is dying. It goes full fan speed most of the time, and the menu lags a lot. Got a few crashes as well recently. I doubt there will be many PS5 games I am interested in, but still have quite a few PS4 titles in my backlog I want to finish. Most of them large titles as well. Don't really care about the 100++ games I've gotten for free with PS+. Doubt most of them will be transferred since the majority of those are not AAA titles.

Not touching the Xbox though. Fully expect this generation to be like the previous ones. Want all AAA games, you need a playstation, nintendo and a PC. I don't expect that to change. Last Xbox exclusive I can remember was for the 360, Lost Odyssey. I don't expect that to change at all. Microsoft may have acquired a few studios, but they'll be on PC as well. I don't expect Sony to ever change their console exclusive ways, unless it is many years later (like Horizon/Bloodborne).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You really don't need a PS either for that many exclusives. A Switch and a PC, and you'll get 99% of the games that are released. Maybe this will change with the PS5, but it doesn't look like it. I didn't see too many Play Station exclusives during their demo, or anything that I would really want to play that will only be available on PS5. Godfall, Cyberpunk 2077, Everspace 2, pretty much every game I'm really looking forward to is releasing on PC. If you tell me games like Sack Boy are going to be PS5 exclusives, I'm not really impressed.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You really don't need a PS either for that many exclusives. A Switch and a PC, and you'll get 99% of the games that are released. Maybe this will change with the PS5, but it doesn't look like it. I didn't see too many Play Station exclusives during their demo, or anything that I would really want to play that will only be available on PS5. Godfall, Cyberpunk 2077, Everspace 2, pretty much every game I'm really looking forward to is releasing on PC. If you tell me games like Sack Boy are going to be PS5 exclusives, I'm not really impressed.

Didn't mean at launch. But over the life cycle of the console. Bloodborne, Spiderman, Horizon, Persona 5, God of War, Last of Us (remastered) (let's not talk about the sequel...).

So 1-3 years after launch, going by all previous generations, you'll have AAA titles exclusive to the Playstation not available elsewhere. Horizon 2 and God of War 2 will be exclusive, but don't expect them until 2021 - 22. They also have long exclusive contracts that last a year + (Final Fantasy and Nioh).

That said, with the release games list I see no reason to buy one at launch, I am only considering it due to my slowly dying PS4 and if they have backwards compatibility for the PS4 games I actually want to play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
it due to my slowly dying PS4
Have you tried rebuilding the database to try and breathe some life back into it? It helps with the lagging UI issue. Hold the power button for 10 seconds to enter safemode then select rebuild database.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Depending on how many PS4 games can be used at launch, that price will probably make me upgrade at launch or fairly close to it. I think my PS4 is dying. It goes full fan speed most of the time, and the menu lags a lot. Got a few crashes as well recently. I doubt there will be many PS5 games I am interested in, but still have quite a few PS4 titles in my backlog I want to finish. Most of them large titles as well. Don't really care about the 100++ games I've gotten for free with PS+. Doubt most of them will be transferred since the majority of those are not AAA titles.

Not touching the Xbox though. Fully expect this generation to be like the previous ones. Want all AAA games, you need a playstation, nintendo and a PC. I don't expect that to change. Last Xbox exclusive I can remember was for the 360, Lost Odyssey. I don't expect that to change at all. Microsoft may have acquired a few studios, but they'll be on PC as well. I don't expect Sony to ever change their console exclusive ways, unless it is many years later (like Horizon/Bloodborne).
Mr. Utnayan Utnayan - help this man.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gator nailed it. Rebuild the database in safe mode. And after, play the best games on the planet via your now self fixed PS4 :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$400 for the disc less version almost seems to low, but if I can play all my ps4 games at higher quality / frames (looking at you MHW), it could end up being a day one buy (if available of course).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My ps4 is on the fritz. I'll just hold out for a ps5 then and my daughter will be happy. I still wanted to get her a Switch, though...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Who even wants a switch these days, beside breath of a child? More rpms, baby!

spronk

FPS noob
im enjoying playing xenoblade chronicles definitive edition, its like a single player world of warcraft 2004

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We all had the tricks we had to do in order to get older consoles working. I don’t think a single NES lasted more than a year without having to learn exactly how to put the cart in and press it down in just the right way for it to read

And it never seemed to be the same. You had to do yours one way, but a friend would have to do something different

I have a poster version of this.

D6634779-C074-4AFE-B110-E6A8D0BFEF4D.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
im enjoying playing xenoblade chronicles definitive edition, its like a single player world of warcraft 2004
Man that sounds really fun actually. I assume I should just buy it and not wait for a sale since it’s Nintendo and their games never seem to go on sale.