Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
7D79FD14-2263-43F5-B068-9C850274227F.png

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Scored another one. Sucks tho, won't ship till next week.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Scored another one. Sucks tho, won't ship till next week.
If you even landed one I'm extremely jealous.....this online only shit sucks and the one I did get was ganked before it even delivered. Happy Thanksgiving though!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If you even landed one I'm extremely jealous.....this online only shit sucks and the one I did get was ganked before it even delivered. Happy Thanksgiving though!
Patience. You'll get one. Happy thanksgiving.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So kinda deep dove this shit. Long story short I've been able to obtain 3 consoles in the last 24 hours. Gonna flip them. Seems like they go for $1k to pleebs on ebay. Prob will keep doing this if I can score 2-3 a day.

Does the Xbox Series X also go for a decent amount on eBay? Thinking about grabbing one of those to resell it while I'm out farming for an extra PS5.

I ask cause it seems like people are only talking about flipping PS5s. Would think they'd both be in fairly high demand.

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been following this thread but it looks like the most major software bug I was experiencing with the PS5 was fixed.
For the first 5 days or so after launch, my PS5 frequently needed to be rebooted if you wanted to change apps. Close netflix, open fortnite, it would display an error that the app couldn't be opened. Would have to reboot to get the app to load. That is fixed, haven't seen the issue in a while.
I still have the PS5 randomly losing power when in sleep mode.. I'll go to use it and find it's turned off. When I boot it back up it displays an error that it wasn't shut down properly.

PS5 is getting a lot of use. Mostly my son playing fortnite and a bit of miles morales. I've mostly been using it for netflix/prime video and some no man's sky, but I switched to playing that on PC instead. It actually looks a lot better on the PS5 which is bizarre, it makes me think I have some kind of settings issue on the PC version.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Does the Xbox Series X also go for a decent amount on eBay? Thinking about grabbing one of those to resell it while I'm out farming for an extra PS5.

I ask cause it seems like people are only talking about flipping PS5s. Would think they'd both be in fairly high demand.
Not sure tbh. Seems like series x's aren't impossible to get a hold of. May try tomorrow, will let you know

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So monster Hunter runs 4k60 in resolution mode on ps5 :) Brahma Brahma

How is the loading time of Monster Hunter on the PS5? I never really minded the graphics or FPS on the PS compared to the PC, load time was the thing that made the console version horrible compared to the PC. 5-10 seconds on PC and a minute+ on the PS4.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How is the loading time of Monster Hunter on the PS5? I never really minded the graphics or FPS on the PS compared to the PC, load time was the thing that made the console version horrible compared to the PC. 5-10 seconds on PC and a minute+ on the PS4.
It's faster than PS4 but slower than PC iirc cause of their weird SSD optimization needed. Think it was 15-20secs to load into levels(and like 10-15 to town) when I checked the backward compatible videos stuff just before it released, when usually PC gets slightly faster loadings than that. But that's still what I'd consider acceptable tbh.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Going to take a shot at getting a PS5/XSX tonight since I know for sure that one particular place has them. Problem is, I don't want to get there too early and be standing around for too long, but I also don't want to get there too late and be 8th in line when they have 7 systems. I'm thinking 7 hours before store-opening is probably sufficient, we'll see if any hardcore people are camped out with tents. The last time I camped out for anything was probably the PS4, cause before then I was poor and got every system years after launch.

To paraphrase American Beauty: "That sucks." No, it was great.

Having to dream about a system I couldn't get, for years, meant that when I would finally get my hands on something like a SNES, it felt more magical and happy than anything I can possibly replicate as an adult.

spronk

FPS noob
Going to take a shot at getting a PS5/XSX tonight since I know for sure that one particular place has them. Problem is, I don't want to get there too early and be standing around for too long, but I also don't want to get there too late and be 8th in line when they have 7 systems. I'm thinking 7 hours before store-opening is probably sufficient, we'll see if any hardcore people are camped out with tents. The last time I camped out for anything was probably the PS4, cause before then I was poor and got every system years after launch.

To paraphrase American Beauty: "That sucks." No, it was great.

Having to dream about a system I couldn't get, for years, meant that when I would finally get my hands on something like a SNES, it felt more magical and happy than anything I can possibly replicate as an adult.

if its gamestop they are posting signs on how many they have but not open until 7am or w/e tomorrow. people already waiting in line, most stores are only getting 2 PS5s and 2-4 Series X's

if its Meijer its online only, store pickup. 100% chance their website will crash and no one will be getting orders in.

i don't know of any other places doing PS5s tonight, i don't believe Walmart is

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you are in Midwest, your luck may vary, but I was able to skip the queue for meijers and get an order in.

Use this: https://www.meijer.com/shop/en/search/?text=games console

Click on the PICTURE of the item, and hopefully if you are in midwest you will be able to grab one from one of your locations. I had to go to one a little further away but got order through.

Edit: They fixed it.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

lots better but still takes a bit. I also lost all saves so I get to start over which is going to be fun actually. :)