Playstation 5

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Let them take their time with the game. I always loved the GoW series and the last installment was my favorite one especially the lore. I read an article while back Cory Barlog saying the next GoW games can take place in a different universe like in a Egyptian or Mayan setting. That would be awesome.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pre COVID I knew a lot of amateur filmmaker wannabe Tarantinos who worked in restaurants, often seasonally, making shit money to fund their art. The usual 'starving artist' schtick. Once the world was shaken up they used the opportunity to reinvent themselves. Some became full time videographers, some went into business for themselves making art, some just went and got more stable jobs in the post-COVID search for workers.

All of them now have more disposable income and no desire to ever set foot in a restaurant again. The restaurants who are offering good wages/benefits were able to bring in new people to replace the ones they lost. The others are just gonna fail or have to re-evaluate their priorities. Note that some of the ones crying wolf the loudest have incredibly high profit margins. They just enjoy continuing the 'thin margin almost in the poor house' narrative in the hopes they can grift some more. It's truly pathetic.

lol right, the problem was waiters and bus boys were all too overqualified 😂

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I just used wario64 Twitter. Not as good as discord but if I had wanted to I could have gotten probably a half dozen of them by now

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I just used wario64 Twitter. Not as good as discord but if I had wanted to I could have gotten probably a half dozen of them by now

I got a launch day pre-order from Walmart back in September via Wario64's twitter. Worked fine for me.

spronk

FPS noob
beyond any announcements big week for PS5 next week - black and red controllers release some day (June 7th some retailers, June 18th others lol) FF7-R Integrade on June 10th (Ps5 exclusive) and Ratchet and Clank, a PS5 exclusive, on June 11th. Day 1 patch unlocks 60 fps RTX mode

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
'here's a video of some of the highest fidelity gameplay in gaming on the worst platform for sharing video'

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

the tl;dr for anyone else like me (from reddit)

• Watch Dogs Legion on PS5 and the Xbox Series consoles have two modes: a 30fps mode with Ray Tracing and a 60fps mode that doesn't have Ray Tracing. The footage in this video and the information below are for the 60fps mode.

• Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 2364x1330. Native resolution pixel counts at 3840x2160 seem to be rare on Xbox Series X. Xbox Series X uses temporal upsampling that can reconstruct a 3840x2160 resolution when rendering natively below this resolution.

• PS5 uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3392x1908 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 2080x1180. Native resolution pixel counts at 3392x1908 seem to be rare on PS5. PS5 uses temporal upsampling that can reconstruct a 3840x2160 resolution.

• In some scenes the resolution difference between PS5 and Xbox Series X can be smaller than it is at the highest and lowest resolutions found, with one scene rendering at approximately 3100x1744 on PS5 and approximately 3392x1908 on Xbox Series X and another scene rendering at approximately 2800x1575 on PS5 and approximately 2951x1660 on Xbox Series X.

• Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1200x675. Xbox Series S uses temporal upsampling that can reconstruct a 1920x1080 resolution when rendering natively below this resolution.

• PS5 has improved texture filtering compared to the Xbox consoles

• PS5 and Xbox Series X have some enhancements over Xbox Series S such as: an improved LOD transition distance (5:03) and a longer draw distance for certain objects

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well by the time I can find a PS5 it should be lots cheaper...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Xbox new releases are not $70?
Generally no, just some third party games that are $70 on all platforms. Xbox exclusives are all on Game Pass anyway, and most of them aren't exactly AAA games, but if you did want to buy something like Halo Infinite the price is still $60.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t really care about release prices, I can always just wait a bit and get it $15 bucks cheaper. They couldn’t stay $60 forever. Fuck I remember $70 games in the mid 90s, N64 and SNES had some. What I hate is the Nintendo model of ancient games staying $60. It’s five year later and sales have tanked, put that shit on sale. Fucking dumb I can buy physical from Walmart or Target for 15-20% cheaper than directly from your digital store.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Sony can suck a dick with their $70 releases

RFfL.gif

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Video games are like movies these days. Either it's good enough that i pay for the premium theater opening weekend or I'll wait til it's available everywhere and on sale.

• 1Like