Playstation 5

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally got one from the Sony invite thing yesterday along with Demon Souls. Anyone know if the delivery requires a signature?
Fedex continue to have their deliverymen sign for it as "C-19" for health concerns but they are supposed to make sure it is received by a person and not left on a porch with no one home.

XPS Logistics is the name of the shipper and it has no Sony or PS5 markings on the brown box, only the general UN3481 hazard warning they put on for electronics.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Fedex continue to have their deliverymen sign for it as "C-19" for health concerns but they are supposed to make it is received and not left on a porch with no one home.

Cool thanks. Will probably set it up to be held at one of their facilities and pick it up once I get the shipping info. Going to be a few hours away for work multiple times next week and kids are at camp. Hate the idea of it just sitting out for the world to see.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Had some time off, finished shadow of mordor story, tried to find something new.

While looking into the PS5 only store I noticed the following:
- fuckton of indie/pixel graphics games, at least 80% seem complete shit (very generous estimate)
- fuckton of titles that will release within 5-12 months (at best)
- very low amount of exclusives/AAA+ titles that fully use the console

Cyberpunk was a disappointment, they have been very slow on patches, DLC is nowhere to be seen, the game is far from what was promised.

The way FF7 is being rolled out has driven me away from the game. I just can't get invested in a game that only goes 25% of the story, knowing save data most likely won't carry over. Not integrating DLC in the "main" game is an insult.

If it wasn't for the demand shortage sustaining appeal, PS5 would be in a very poor selling position right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
If it wasn't for the demand shortage sustaining appeal, PS5 would be in a very poor selling position right now.
Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

Mourg

Trakanon Raider
I've owned a PS5 since launch and ran out of PS5 titles to play.

Can you name 5+ PS5 exclusives/next gen games you've wanted to play since november 2020?
Are you new to console gaming? Can you name 5+ in the first year of any console?

First year of PS4 was pretty barren. It took the switch 3-4 years to reach 5 for me (subpar hardware still holding me back though). Xbox didn't reach 5 for the entire last generation afaik.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've owned a PS5 since launch and ran out of PS5 titles to play.

Can you name 5+ PS5 exclusives/next gen games you've wanted to play since november 2020?
Saying the system is short exclusives is fine but saying it’s selling slow or whatever is dumb. All consoles suck for exclusives the first couple years, especially the first. It’s breaking console sales records even with the shortage. If there wasn’t a shortage the sales would be even more obscene. Everyone that skipped the ps4 pro wants one, people with a pro want one, there is a massive market for the ps5.

SeanDoe1z1

I have a ton of 4 games I want to play on ps5. Too hard to get and even though I could afford a mark up I don’t want to buy it that way.

Pretty loyal customer but unless shit stops selling out in an hour I’ll probably get more use to not having one and just say fuck it.

at that point it would have to be a very specific title to get me to buy one like 2 years down the road because I “got over” the ones I want to play now and consume my time with more boring adult shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would pay for a bundle with an extra controller or game but not the bullshit Gamestop +$200-300 ones. Bundles do last longer as scalpers are less inclined to increase their overhead and deal with extra products that won't sell on their own.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

A bunch of the Playstation sites running with this story suggesting Sony could be watching how the new Switch performs as an opportunity to perhaps increase the price of the PS5.
I’m surprised they haven’t bumped it up $50-100 already. People are paying $1000+ for them from scalpers, inflation has gone nuts, everybody got Covid stimulus, etc.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m surprised they haven’t bumped it up $50-100 already. People are paying $1000+ for them from scalpers, inflation has gone nuts, everybody got Covid stimulus, etc.
Starting July 15 Americans with kids started getting what will be monthly child tax credits instead of a lump sum/return in April. So yeah, unexpected liquidity will continue, it seems.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I have a ton of 4 games I want to play on ps5. Too hard to get and even though I could afford a mark up I don’t want to buy it that way.

Pretty loyal customer but unless shit stops selling out in an hour I’ll probably get more use to not having one and just say fuck it.

at that point it would have to be a very specific title to get me to buy one like 2 years down the road because I “got over” the ones I want to play now and consume my time with more boring adult shit.

I felt/feel the same way. Didn't go out of my way looking for one outside signing up for PS direct and randomly got an invite last week. Said sign on at 12 pst Friday and I could get one and I did. Looking forward to replaying Demon Souls again at 60fps and guessing by the time I 100% it the PS5 edition of Ghost of T. will be out which I never played on PS4 up followed by the titles in the PS+ freebie bundle, another replay of Bloodborne and the PS4 Spiderman I have but never got a chance to play.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 Spiderman I have but never got a chance to play.
My PS5 is about 90% paperweight/door stop and 10% PS4 Ultra Pro, but that's one case where I'd definitely suggest getting the PS5 version. Just not at the ridiculous $70 price point Sony charged right out the gate. Both Spider-Man+MM and Demon's Souls are on sale for $50 pretty often now, which is about what they're worth (actually that's probably stretching it for SM+MM considering how short MM is).

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Ratchet and Clank, for me, was the first title to truly show a glimpse of what is to come for the PS5. I am very excited to see what the system can do when pushed closer to its peak. Titles are still slow to ship though...

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Had some time off, finished shadow of mordor story, tried to find something new.

While looking into the PS5 only store I noticed the following:
- fuckton of indie/pixel graphics games, at least 80% seem complete shit (very generous estimate)
- fuckton of titles that will release within 5-12 months (at best)
- very low amount of exclusives/AAA+ titles that fully use the console

Cyberpunk was a disappointment, they have been very slow on patches, DLC is nowhere to be seen, the game is far from what was promised.

The way FF7 is being rolled out has driven me away from the game. I just can't get invested in a game that only goes 25% of the story, knowing save data most likely won't carry over. Not integrating DLC in the "main" game is an insult.

I agree FF7R is super fucking lame, but lol @ that last sentence.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I agree FF7R is super fucking lame, but lol @ that last sentence.

Glad it entertains you, doesn't make it less true.

If more people had a PS5 there would be less "omgz scalpers" and more "where are the fucking PS5 titles".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Glad it entertains you, doesn't make it less true.

If more people had a PS5 there would be less "omgz scalpers" and more "where are the fucking PS5 titles".
More people have this system now than any system in history has had at the same point. Yes there is a lack of exclusives but no it is not unique to this system. Every system’s library sucks ass for 1-2 years. At least this generation has the full deep library from the previous system to draw on. This is why every time a system releases here you see some people saying they’ll “wait until the sale” because we all know the library won’t be good until then. Usually a couple years into a system is when the first price drops happen. I doubt that price drop will be the case for this system due to the pace they’re still selling at, I bet we see an increase soon honestly.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
The main draw to having the PS5 at this point is the games that are PS5 upgradeable and just run better compared to PS4. Not to mention the internet on PS5 being better as well. Takes time for the exclusives to come out.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The main draw to having the PS5 at this point is the games that are PS5 upgradeable and just run better compared to PS4. Not to mention the internet on PS5 being better as well. Takes time for the exclusives to come out.

Yeah this is were I'm at. Skipped a lot of the big titles on PS4(FF7R, GoW, GoT, Death Stranding just off the top of my head) so I've personally got a lot of upgraded games to play on the system.

• 2Like