Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
you can buy 1 ps5 and 1 xbox (and one switch oled) per wave of consoles, and usuallys been around 1 wave every 2 weeks. so spend the $200 on a Total tech membership now since it can take 2-3 hours to activate, then buy 1 console for yourself and 3-4 to resell and you'll make back the tt membership fee. Even if you just sell to a friend at $100 markup (explain how you had to buy $200 TT) its fairly easy.

the halo series X was in store only today morning and most urban places had people camping overnite, lol

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got my invite from Sony for the PS5 thing. I think I signed up like the third week of September, so hopefully some of you guys that are still waiting can get your shot at it soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got my invite from Sony for the PS5 thing. I think I signed up like the third week of September, so hopefully some of you guys that are still waiting can get your shot at it soon.
Nice, I signed up like two weeks after that.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm curious if the 1 per household resets at end of year for Sony Direct, cause it's so much easier to go through them than a retailer who wants you to fork out $$$ for their sub service and have the privilege of still losing out to the bots

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Got mine also. Signed up around the same timeframe as you.

Others have made it sound like this Email is a guarantee to buy one or am I going to have to be ready as soon as my timeframe opens to access/buy (to ultimately not get one)?

• 1Mic Drop

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Got mine also. Signed up around the same timeframe as you.

Others have made it sound like this Email is a guarantee to buy one or am I going to have to be ready as soon as my timeframe opens to access/buy (to ultimately not get one)?
When I got mine I joined the queue a moment or two after the clock on my PC ticked over to noon (or whatever it was). I was in the queue for a couple minutes and then got to place my order as usual.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Private drops have enough stock for all of the invites, the inventory that hasn't sold rolls over into a future public drop. I got mine in a public and thus have never received an invite because the system locks my address out. Will see if that changes in January.

Edit: seen some posts claiming it changed in the last month, not guaranteed even with an email invite these days.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Almost a year later, I may have scored a PS5. Walmart Canada online order. I'll believe it when it's in my hands.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What games are people playing on PS5 that is warranting the desire to own one? The only friend I have that owns one hasn't used it in quite awhile.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
What games are people playing on PS5 that is warranting the desire to own one? The only friend I have that owns one hasn't used it in quite awhile.

Depends what your PS4 backlog is really. A lot of games now have gotten a patch to take advantage of PS5 hardware, so playing stuff like FF7 Remake, Ghost of Tsushima and Yakuza:LAD(just to name a few I"ve played recently) end up just running or looking better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

If I could do it all over again I’d get an Xbox for Sea of Thieves + Forza Horizon 5.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If I could do it all over again I’d get an Xbox for Sea of Thieves + Forza Horizon 5.
Xbox/MS seems to be knocking it out of the park lately especially with the games you see hitting gamepass day 1 compared to sony's offerings. Derkon brought up a great point, being able to run some of the later PS4 games at 4k/60fps would be awesome (notably the ones he listed).

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
At the end of the day aren't Xbox people basically doing the same thing, playing last gen games? Outside of Forza what exclusives does it have?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thing I hate about xbox/pc is they don't have the "oh shit!" exclusives like Sony has. Sure they got halo, forza, MS FS 2020 type stuff but no ghosts of sushi, gods of war, persona's etc...Sony always seems to win hands down with their exclusives. Does the Xbox series X even have an exclusive that isn't also on PC? Ratchet and Clank and Returnal seem like pretty good showcases for the PS5 (not sure on gameplay but at least visually).

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Who cares about exclusives at this point?

Aside from Nintendo (which will never release 1st party on anything but Nintendo systems) both Microsoft/Sony are finally releasing their stuff on PC as well (albeit glacially for Sony) which is great for gamers.

If people think that 2-3 games is worth tying up their console choice over better hardware, better multi platform options, better price, and a better overall ecosystem for gamers then /shrug.

I say this as someone who owns all systems and a high end gaming PC. Microsoft is literally miles ahead in value than any other choice.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If it wasn't for Spider-Man I wouldn't have bothered. I'm 18% in (got 10% this week!) and have owned a PS5 for about a year. That's probably my most played game on it.

I did just get a capture card for consoles though, as part of dealing w/ ADD and wanting to stream more I'm setting a schedule and going to actually start chewing through my backlog... at least it sounds nice to type all that, we'll see if I really follow through (and going to use Ut's 'finish games!' thread for some accountability).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Who cares about exclusives at this point?

Aside from Nintendo (which will never release 1st party on anything but Nintendo systems) both Microsoft/Sony are finally releasing their stuff on PC as well (albeit glacially for Sony) which is great for gamers.

If people think that 2-3 games is worth tying up their console choice over better hardware, better multi platform options, better price, and a better overall ecosystem for gamers then /shrug.

I say this as someone who owns all systems and a high end gaming PC. Microsoft is literally miles ahead in value than any other choice.
And on the switch front its pretty damn easy to get an emu up and running.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah of course, but I'm just talking non piratey things.

I just don't see what Sonys play is here. They aren't innovating at all or even trying to progress out of the decades old console wars mindset. Eventually when all the good will has been spent, seeing as Sony doesn't have that same idiot consumer that Nintendo does, what are the plans for the future? Maybe the next iteration of PSVR is Godly or something but I don't know.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thing I hate about xbox/pc is they don't have the "oh shit!" exclusives like Sony has. Sure they got halo, forza, MS FS 2020 type stuff but no ghosts of sushi, gods of war, persona's etc...Sony always seems to win hands down with their exclusives. Does the Xbox series X even have an exclusive that isn't also on PC? Ratchet and Clank and Returnal seem like pretty good showcases for the PS5 (not sure on gameplay but at least visually).

Let me know when PS5 can touch gamepass - the library is huge and just keeps growing - Sony has nothing to match it and i own both and besides FF7R i havent touched my PS5 - However i also havent touched my Xbox much since i can play the games on PC as well. You could argue why have an Xbox then but i got the all access bundle so the value was immense and Sony while it has great exclusives, i dont play them i play PC games mainly so having an Xbox/PC feels much more natural.

• 1Like