Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol godfall. I would feel bad for all of the suckers who paid full price, but there was plenty of warning that this game wasn’t going to be worth it. Challenger edition is probably some trash f2p edition though, probably making a shit game even shittier. Always wanted to try mortal shell though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 2021 was really the year of "dont buy it unless you are going to finish in a week, just wait until black friday". I'm picking up COD Vanguard today from gamestop for $39, and the game released like 2 weeks (?) ago. I bought more games this holiday than in many previous years, but it was all stuff I just kept on a "buy on cheap sale" list.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Lol godfall. I would feel bad for all of the suckers who paid full price, but there was plenty of warning that this game wasn’t going to be worth it. Challenger edition is probably some trash f2p edition though, probably making a shit game even shittier. Always wanted to try mortal shell though.

this would be amazing.

3 games I don’t have but want to play. But don’t want not enough to actually buy. Perfect for PSN.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
yeah 2021 was really the year of "dont buy it unless you are going to finish in a week, just wait until black friday". I'm picking up COD Vanguard today from gamestop for $39, and the game released like 2 weeks (?) ago. I bought more games this holiday than in many previous years, but it was all stuff I just kept on a "buy on cheap sale" list.
Basically same for me, got returnal/ratchet and clank/let’s go eevee (for the kids) when they were b2g1 used at GameStop for final cost of $26 each. And also astral chain for $26. There hasn’t been a game released for awhile now that I wanted enough to not just wait for it to go on a pretty deep sale. The retailers this holiday season seemed to go kinda crazy on the game sales so far.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Giving away Godfall for December is like taking an actual shit in someone's stocking.

2021 started off decent for PS+, but it's been a steep downhill since March to the point where I let my PS+ lapse for the first time since the PS3 days. Sure as hell won't be redeeming the code I have anytime soon either.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Mother of God

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got a PS5 from Walmart today. Played a lot of Xbox but never owned a PlayStation. Where do I start on exclusives?

My local library has all kinds of games, so I have access to any PS4/PS5 games.
Note, you can all the PS Collection games to your library without downloading them, so you'll always "own" them.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finally got a PS5 from Walmart today. Played a lot of Xbox but never owned a PlayStation. Where do I start on exclusives?

My local library has all kinds of games, so I have access to any PS4/PS5 games.

Yep, the free games you get from the ps+ sub that Ut mentioned are some of the best games of the PS4 generation. There’s also quite a bit of more niche stuff if you have something specific you like. Tons of JRPGs, some action RPGs, etc.

• 2Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Step 1 - Get the PS Plus sale on Amazon for 39 - digital code - redeem code.
Step 2 - Play the following on the PS Plus Collection: These are all included. You do not need to buy a thing!

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) Last of us Remastered
3) Uncharted 4
4) God of War
5) Days Gone
6) Ratchet and Clank
7) Until Dawn
8) Persona 5

Seriously that list above will keep you busy for the next 3-4 months without having to purchase ANY Games. I envy you.

Then try these to see if they are your cup of tea:

Detroit Become Human
Bloodborne

Then after all the above, you are in a very unique and awesome position to get a ton of exclusives not on this list on sale.

Purchase a couple exclusives that are not on that list yet, but may come in the process of you playing the above:

Spider-Man Vanilla and Miles Morales.
Demon Souls Remake
Ghosts of Tsushima

See you in the summer of 2022 and you can ask for more awesome advice from your local Dr. Utnayan.

And the coolest thing about this - after you play all of these, out of pocket you will be less than a 100 bucks watching out for any sales on the 3 listed above.
Thank you, sir. If I have access to physical copies of all of those games, is there a reason to get PS Plus? Do you need it for the PS5 patches (for those games that have them)?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thank you, sir. If I have access to physical copies of all of those games, is there a reason to get PS Plus? Do you need it for the PS5 patches (for those games that have them)?

Nope. But you will need it for online play.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So is the PS5 still just used for playing old games? Or are there any new games out thats worth buying the console for?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The list of PS4 games with a PS5 upgrade patch is bigger than PS5 exclusive games still.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope. But you will need it for online play.
Excellent. Looks like I’ll start with Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend and make my way down your list from there.

39354900-DADA-4F96-9EA8-E3BFFADE406A.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There is no doubt that in their exclusives, Sony/PS has carved out a fantastic niche. So many great games there. I need to go back and check a few more off that list. I also wanted to play Godfall and held off, thankfully. Free is better cushion for disappointment. I also got Returnal a while back but that is a different kind of disappointment (in myself but bullet hell + rogue like + me= frustration. Don't ask me where I am in Hades still.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
this one is pretty good, set your roles in the #restock-roles channel (for PS5 alerts) fiddle with your phone so discord has custom alerts for that discord server and leave discord running on your phone 24x7

the problem now is a huge chunk of PS5 restocks are being consumed by bots like snail.io so even with discord groups your chances are fairly low. Microsoft is starting to directly sell to end users in a FCFS system, no "sold out" just the earlier you place your bundle order the earlier it comes (right now first week of Jan for new order deliveries) and I'd expect Sony to adopt something similar, they sorta already do with PS Direct but the number of invites going out is tiny compared to Microsoft.

its still not impossible, but you have to be prepared. i got 2 last week for relatives, the options are

1. Amazon, need Amazon Prime on your account to order then just getting lucky. Something like 20k PS5s were sold ~week ago from amazon
2. Best Buy. Need a $200 total tech membership to get in on the "good" drops, but its also good for GPU, xbox, switch oled, and 1 year warranty/etc
3. Walmart+. Need to buy the monthly or annual WM+ sub, even then its a big dice roll on success. If you have an AMEX card you may have an offer for 50% off 1 year of WM+

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
pretty meh cybermonday, if anyone wants slightly cheaper 1 year PS+ cdkeys and ebay have it for $32-35

^ has sold 150k of them so far so I assume its pretty safe, lol

Most of the PS5 bundles from gamestop this year have forced a 1 year PS+ sub so people who make their money selling PS5s are selling 1 year PS+s for cheap, i got like 6 years for $25/ea

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I just got one from the Walmart+ drop which is still ongoing.

Which 2tb hdd do I get? I'll need to expand immediately...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just got one from the Walmart+ drop which is still ongoing.

Which 2tb hdd do I get? I'll need to expand immediately...
SSD you mean? I used this one:

I think that's the best price for any 2TB (7000+ MB/s) this BF/CM too. (Forum widget says $324.99, but the real price is $267.99.)