Playstation Vita

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Plugged mine in upside a few times as well, only way I noticed was that it wasnt charging. It does not take a lot of force to put it in the wrong way.

spronk

FPS noob
do you even lift, bro

haha dunno it seems brand new but it was from tigerdirect which is a shady ass company, still waiting on the $80 in rebates. Anyways no perma damage for having it plugged in upside down for a week, and now I know how long the battery lasts if its on standby and not charging (1 week!). and yeah mine goes in just fine upside down, but it doesn't quite go in all the way. but the playstation logo on the end of the cable should be facing you always, is what I figured out.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Plugged mine in upside a few times as well, only way I noticed was that it wasnt charging. It does not take a lot of force to put it in the wrong way.
I guess it just takes significantly less force to put it in the right way. I can tell there is resistance immediately when trying to put it in upside down.

Be gentle, guys!

lcyw8YH.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playing with it now - I was able to fit mine the wrong way, but my "plug paranoia" was kicking in big time the entire time I was testing the theory. Was doable, but definitely was getting resistance that made my brain say "Don't". But maybe ya'll have less tactile perception than me and the fake asian above.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
with every single free ps+ game available right now (about 6 to 8 depending on the f2p games) my 16gb vita card has 3 gigs free. I didn't realize vita games were that big. Most however are pretty shitty or far better on the PC version, the only game I have really enjoyed playing so far is drake's, haven't tried sonic or gravity yet (already played hotline miami on pc) but a few people on cag have said the PC version of sonic is far far better. soul sacrifice goes off free on 12/31 so download that if you haven't.

gamestop is selling 16gb cards tomorrow for $20 if you really need another one, I think I'll just delete stuff and wait for a $30-40 sale on a 32gb card. vita UI is ok, at least its nice that it charges off my ps4 when its on standby. I definitely prefer the 3ds to vita, not in terms of hardware but just the few 3ds games I have sucked me in immediately whereas the vita games all feel like "wtf is this shit..." if it wasn't for the free game every few weeks on ps+ I probably would just give my vita away to a relative.

also is there a way to configure ps4 remote play to always just work with a single ps4? I have to type in that code on the ps4 every time, which sucks because I wanna just play sometimes for 5 minutes in the throne room, turning the ps4 on and running is ok but not waiting for boot and code entry.
Have you played Persona 4 Golden? I bought it based on all of the reviews I read but waited 2 weeks before even trying it because it like some some high school kiddie BS. Wow I was so wrong. Not that it isn't kids in high school but the depth is insane and the story is pretty funny at times.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I'll have to keep trying P4G, I've played about an hour but kinda get bored with all the high school weird japanese shit, good to hear it gets better. I got it on amazon for $17, so you can do a wiiwatch on it there to keep an eye on price drops if anyone else wants it.

other than that though trying to avoid buying games, rather just try whatever free stuff ps+ gets. I did get to play the last of us off playstation now streaming to a vita, and it was really fun. so if the now service launches in the fall and you can stream to ps4 and vita for the same price the same library, that will be very cool to burn through all the PS3 games I never played.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not sure why you expect that, maybe dragon's crown.. but I don't see Persona going on sale unless its an all atlus game sale that they occasionally do.

Definitely going to pick up the walking dead, and killzone mercenary since they're so cheap with PS+
Maybe even limbo & Spelunky

Tales of Xillia for $10 is a no brainer if you don't already have it lol

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Killzone: Mercenary for $9.00? Yes please.

I may finally put down and pick up Walking Dead to see what all the fuss is about too. Also, Needless, Limbo is a good buy for that price. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is KZ: Merc supposed to be good? Surprised people are reacting well to it the PSV list looks shitty to me.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The platform is so anemic they should have just said 'and everything else not on this list is $14 for our 14 sale.'

Persona was already something like $20 a few months ago on PSN is why I expected it. Dragon's Crown has yet to go on sale, and anyone with a Vita for any length of time knows not to buy anything for full price.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Is KZ: Merc supposed to be good? Surprised people are reacting well to it the PSV list looks shitty to me.
My understanding is that it's the best in the series across all platforms. Kind of breaks the mold of your FPS expectations. Having not played it myself yet, I couldn't really speak to that, but the vast majority of writeups for it online are incredibly positive.

Nosf_sl

shitlord
I've heard nothing but good things about KZ: Merc, but haven't gotten it myself. I played the first couple at a friends on his PS3 ages ago and my memory of them was pretty but bland as baby cereal.

Lost my mind and bought a Vita over xmas; came with COD which I've heard is just a total shitfest and so I haven't even pulled out of the packaging, and World Invitational Golf. I was pretty disappointed it's the NA version and not the Euro/Japan 'woo pantsu!' version, but uh, it's become the game I play the most. I must be getting old. Thing came with a sony case which is pretty much crap and an 8GB card. I can't believe they're still fucking people on the proprietary cards; I think the 32GB card I grabbed for the 3dsxl was ~15 bucks. Grabbed Gravity Rush off PS+ and it's pretty fun, just playing it in spurts. Soul Sacrifice seems pretty dopey, but I chip away at it now and then. I'm a little afraid of March when FFX/X-2 come out, having the ability to play that on lunch at work is going to kill me.

I was looking at some JRPGs on PSN, Valhalla Knights looked sort of interesting, it even has a grope a stripper mini game; most of what I've read suggests it's terrible however. Anyone played the Atelier games? I was sort of looking at them, but I've heard they're basically time management games, not RPGs. I've done some goggling for PSP jrpgs, but anyone have some suggestions?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Persona 4 Golden is probably the best RPG and one of the best games on the Vita currently. If you can handle the very Japanese story/characters, the game itself is really solid.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats pretty subjective. I enjoy JRPGs but cannot stand the persona series lol

If you like JRPGs that require you to do multiple playthroughs due to "choice forks" that you have to take, and waifu dating sims.. then yes. It's really solid.
Not my cup of tea however lol

--

Unrelated, but they FINALLY added FF5 to to be compatible with the Vita. I checked a few weeks ago and I wasn't able to, but checked again last night and saw it available. Love that game~