Playstation Vita

Sean_sl

shitlord
Better than the other sizes, but still gouging to an extreme compared to what that card is really worth.
Seriously, the 32GB and 64GB cards should be be around $20 and $40. It's complete bullshit and a big and completely unnecessary barrier to entry that Sony needs to remove from the Vita.

spronk

FPS noob
I got a vita for $90 from tigerdirect, haven't opened it yet and not sure if it comes with a 4gb card or not (its the 3g+wifi model). amazon took about a week to ship out the 16gb card they are selling for $20, its oos most of the time but you can still order it.

Do you really need that much memory? I only bought the vita because it was so cheap and I have a 3 year PS+ sub now, but I figure i'll just download the games, play em, then delete em. I assume with PS+ as long as your sub is active you can just redownload and play if you ever really want to, like steam. do card games play off the memory card like ps4 or do they play off the card, like 3ds?

I also ordered persona 4 for $20 from amazon like 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped
frown.png
did get tearaway for $20 too so should be good for a while.

Needless

Toe Sucker
cartridges play off the cartridge ala 3DS, but some still require quite a bit of space for a faux install
you don't need 32gbs.. but you should absolutely upgrade to at least 16gbs if you want to hold more than like 2 or 3 games.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Do you really need that much memory? I only bought the vita because it was so cheap and I have a 3 year PS+ sub now, but I figure i'll just download the games, play em, then delete em. I assume with PS+ as long as your sub is active you can just redownload and play if you ever really want to, like steam. do card games play off the memory card like ps4 or do they play off the card, like 3ds?
8GB wasn't even remotely enough for me with PS+. 16GB would have been a lot better, but I am really glad that I got a 32GB card because it lets you keep a fair amount of stuff on there without having to micromanage it ton.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've already run out of space on my 32GB thanks to PS+. Have had to delete games several times to make room.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have the 8GB and it's fine for someone who doesn't need to A) be playing 8 games at a time and B) takes forever to finish the games I am playing. Granted, the main game I've been playing is P4G and I actually bought the physical copy of that, but I still have Disgaia 3, Gravity Rush, Zero Escape, Hotline Miami and Terraria on the 8gb card. None of those are huge games, though. I think the Uncharted game was like 3gb+ alone.

spronk

FPS noob
with every single free ps+ game available right now (about 6 to 8 depending on the f2p games) my 16gb vita card has 3 gigs free. I didn't realize vita games were that big. Most however are pretty shitty or far better on the PC version, the only game I have really enjoyed playing so far is drake's, haven't tried sonic or gravity yet (already played hotline miami on pc) but a few people on cag have said the PC version of sonic is far far better. soul sacrifice goes off free on 12/31 so download that if you haven't.

gamestop is selling 16gb cards tomorrow for $20 if you really need another one, I think I'll just delete stuff and wait for a $30-40 sale on a 32gb card. vita UI is ok, at least its nice that it charges off my ps4 when its on standby. I definitely prefer the 3ds to vita, not in terms of hardware but just the few 3ds games I have sucked me in immediately whereas the vita games all feel like "wtf is this shit..." if it wasn't for the free game every few weeks on ps+ I probably would just give my vita away to a relative.

also is there a way to configure ps4 remote play to always just work with a single ps4? I have to type in that code on the ps4 every time, which sucks because I wanna just play sometimes for 5 minutes in the throne room, turning the ps4 on and running is ok but not waiting for boot and code entry.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Have you tried the demo of Open Me! (?) It's a really interesting idea... kind of turns your Vita into a window that you view the world through that "sees" these different boxes, and you need to figure out how to open them up.

I dig the idea.

Devlin

Golden Squire
with every single free ps+ game available right now (about 6 to 8 depending on the f2p games) my 16gb vita card has 3 gigs free. I didn't realize vita games were that big. Most however are pretty shitty or far better on the PC version, the only game I have really enjoyed playing so far is drake's, haven't tried sonic or gravity yet (already played hotline miami on pc) but a few people on cag have said the PC version of sonic is far far better. soul sacrifice goes off free on 12/31 so download that if you haven't.

gamestop is selling 16gb cards tomorrow for $20 if you really need another one, I think I'll just delete stuff and wait for a $30-40 sale on a 32gb card. vita UI is ok, at least its nice that it charges off my ps4 when its on standby. I definitely prefer the 3ds to vita, not in terms of hardware but just the few 3ds games I have sucked me in immediately whereas the vita games all feel like "wtf is this shit..." if it wasn't for the free game every few weeks on ps+ I probably would just give my vita away to a relative.

also is there a way to configure ps4 remote play to always just work with a single ps4? I have to type in that code on the ps4 every time, which sucks because I wanna just play sometimes for 5 minutes in the throne room, turning the ps4 on and running is ok but not waiting for boot and code entry.
I only entered the code in once, now when I press the crossplay icon on the Vita it immediately logs in.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same Devlin. And that's even with it logging into it on a secondary account.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

When setting it up the first time you may have not finished the setup correctly. I'd suggest unlinking the Vita to the PS4 and trying it again. Also do you have more then one Vita/PS4 on your network?

spronk

FPS noob
vita works fine with ps4 now, dunno why it was having problems last month but used it a few times since then with no hiccups.

kinda wish I had waiting for the new model with microUSB power cord though, whose the fucker who designed this power cord. my vita wasn't charging at all this week, couldn't figure out what the fuck was going, turns out I plugged the cord in upside down into the vita. how the fuck do you design a cable port that lets you plug in a cable upside down and not work
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? You must've forced it or something there's clear resistance if I try to run mine the wrong way.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I've tried to plug it in, in the dark, many times and you can't put it in upside-down with any normal amount of force. Did you buy used, spronk? Maybe they busted the charging cord.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yeah, I've tried to plug it in, in the dark, many times and you can't put it in upside-down with any normal amount of force. Did you buy used, spronk? Maybe they busted the charging cord.
I've also plugged mine in the wrong way a couple of times, it isn't a great design.