Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I put a pokemon in the gym and I gez a fixed number of coins when it gets kicked out, regardless of how strong it is?

I put my 2900 CP Gyarados into a gym and my daughters 150 wp what's his face, we both got the same number of coins (27)

How many coins can you earn in a day now?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah it's a 50 per day max, doesn't matter how many Pokemon you put in gyms. One pokemon staying in a gym for >8 hours also won't ever accrue more than one day worth of coins, so anything beyond 8 hours is wasted unless you are trying to get a gold badge on that gym. For example you could have a single poke in a gym for 27 days and when it comes back you'll still only get 50 coins.

What's a gold gym badge? Interacting with gyms will give you a bronze/silver/gold badge over time. Ranks increase by occupying a gym and feeding your team's pokemon berries at that gym. Each rank increases the amount of items you get for spinning the stop at that gym, which compounds with other bonuses (like your daily/weekly first spin). This means that one gold gym on say a seven day streak could give you like 30 items.

I am still playing this all the time. Current goal: try to get a squad together that can duo the upcoming Giratina Origin Forme level 5 raid for the month of April. I don't think I'm going to be able to get enough stardust in time, it requires a two full crews of level 35-40 dragons pretty much. Really wish this last community day was another dust boost instead of incubators.

Quineloe Quineloe Save all your stardust and don't power up anything until you're 30+, that's where the real game starts. Duoing raids with your daughter could be a fun pass-time, start at lower tiers (3's can be soloed pretty easy) and work up.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've hit 30 in 2017

So since we got 27 coins, I assume we stayed in the gym for 4 hours and change? Last time I played you tried to get as many pokemon into gyms as possible, then cash out. I got up to 70 on normal days. But this seems far less effort, even if the cap is lower

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I usually just leave 1 Pokemon in a gym by my office when I leave for the day. Someone kicks me out the next morning. Easy money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Heads up, Giratina Origin form just had shadow ball added to his moveset which makes it better than SB Mewtwo and second only to Gengar currently for ghost DPS. Gonna be a valuable meta Pokemon to stock up on through April.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bagon community day confirmed for April 13th. Could be hugely meta relevant especially if they give him outrage. Salamence is already very good, I wonder if this would put it over Dragonite.

Edit - If he gets outrage that basically makes him a Rayquaza clone that doesn't need rare candy.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Heads up, Giratina Origin form just had shadow ball added to his moveset which makes it better than SB Mewtwo and second only to Gengar currently for ghost DPS. Gonna be a valuable meta Pokemon to stock up on through April.
Is this the one that already came by or the new one?

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the form this weekend is the one that was previously in raids late last year. The one on April 2nd is the new form.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20190329-154406_1.png

So I haven't been playing much lately

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Lunch raid fest was fun and productive. Our group managed to hit 8 raids during the hour. Only missed one but it was a shitter anyway. Couple of folks got hundos but I’m pretty happy with the few good ones I got.

480773B8-3EA9-41FB-A12C-3C465B3EE1A0.png

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
And we just got roped into some dumb family event that we have to go to and of course it’s at 3:30 this Saturday so we’re going to miss all of Bagon CD. Doubtful we’ll be able to get anything since we’ll be out in the middle of boontown the entire time. Pretty rustled.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
And we just got roped into some dumb family event that we have to go to and of course it’s at 3:30 this Saturday so we’re going to miss all of Bagon CD. Doubtful we’ll be able to get anything since we’ll be out in the middle of boontown the entire time. Pretty rustled.
Use incense and hope!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know the gym layout up in my work area so I was only able to get 3 done. Nothing great on my main but the one my alt caught was a 96%. They'll all probably be saved for lucky friend trades along with the rest of my legendaries.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
9982 7730 5977
Started playing again - would love a few friends if anyone has spots open. Let me know and I’ll friend you back