Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
BBC world service just teased their Pokemon Go story with already more users than Twitter.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got soft banned for about 3 hours from the GPS spoofing. I guess going from Central Park to California in an hour wasn't realistic (got carried away in Central Park, but wanted to see if I could play with my wife tonight...didn't work).

Going to try Los Angeles. Madame Tussauds has 3 right next to each other that are all lured up, so maybe that'll be a good one tomorrow. And maybe I won't trip their detection with it being in the same state.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I feel like the trajectory of this is going to land it in fad territory. I'm sure it'll have a fan-base but holy shit this is like Beanie Baby levels of bullshit.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did 2 10km eggs today, got a 96 eevee & a 171 jynx
TrainWreck1.gif
To say the least I was disappointed.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Pokemon go will have tournaments and events that also have mobile Pokemon Centers that will allow you to meet up with other Pokemon Go players and charge phones.

Also it will "reward" you for building a narrative of your own adventure using social media and the built in recording software of the device, Basically if you upload your battle with a rare pokemon at a location to Youtube/Facebook/Twitter you can get rewards.

Guess I have to make a separate Facebook for my Pokemon Go account.
what?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I have never seen anything like this. Beanie Babies are a good comparison, but they were pre-social media, weren't they? Pokemon Go took over the world in like a week? Has it even been a week?

My entire workplace has changed because of this silly game.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Everything will be back to normal after the novelty wears off in a month or so and the remaining playerbase is reduced to the demographic that typically plays Pokemon games.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This thing has exploded. I can't remember anything going for 0 - 1,000,000 like this ever.

And I keep thinking of the South Park episode.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so I set up the pc emulator and gps spoofer like in that video and can now farm pokemons in central park while being at my pc on the other side of the world.

However, this isn't good enough. Because I still have to actually catch them. Anyone know of anywhere/way I can look at for getting a bot to catch them?

fwiw gpsies.com is good for automating a route. don't think I read about that here yet.
If you're so keen on not playing the game, have you considered not actually playing the game?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only appeal to this game, for me, is the travel portion. This would be fundamentally awful sitting at my PC. I get that people cheat at games, yeah, but like, I don't see how this one is remotely enjoyable via spoof and emulator. Spinning discs and flipping balls is kinda lame.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you're spoofing GPS, it's not about fun. It's about power. It's about knowing you have a enormous leg-up on a suddenly ravenous gaming population. You're one-upping the casual plebs who are suddenly fad obsessed. It's fucking sad.

Also, this game has taken over the world. It's far and away the biggest gaming phenomenon ever, in terms of raw rapid growth.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Some people 'cheat' to see how it all works and are the ones giving out the information on how it all works.

Things like APK tear downs show us whether legendaries are in game. GPS hacks can show us better info on the footprint triangulation.

I will play around with it myself for a few minutes this weekend to see what will work but not on a regular basis.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Walking around the neighborhood bars last night and it seems like most people playing are what I'd qualify as the "hardcore" players (myself included). There were still a good number of people standing around catching stuff, but not nearly as many as were playing this past weekend. I joined a local Facebook group though and people are planning barcrawls and other Pokemon Go meetups for this weekend; the servers will likely be slammed again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Walking around the neighborhood bars last night and it seems like most people playing are what I'd qualify as the "hardcore" players (myself included). There were still a good number of people standing around catching stuff, but not nearly as many as were playing this past weekend. I joined a local Facebook group though and people are planning barcrawls and other Pokemon Go meetups for this weekend; the servers will likely be slammed again.
I'm confused, is this surprising to you, that there'd be less people playing on a Wednesday night than a weekend?

As for the GPS spoofing, you're absolutely correct. It's not very exciting playing on a PC (although, it's still fun catching new ones). But as I stated a few times already, it's a lot better than just not playing at all because where you live is so devoid of Pok?stops that you can't actually play with a full time job (read: I can't sit in a park next to a stop for hours a day to stock up). The game is fun, but the fundamental design flaw is that it's dog shit for more rural areas. Maybe some rural areas are okay (maybe they had a large Ingress player base?), but lots aren't.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I'm confused, is this surprising to you, that there'd be less people playing on a Wednesday night than a weekend?
It wasn't surprising to me, I figured it would happen and observed it last night. Probably a "water is wet" situation in that the hardcore will be playing this every night, I just thought it was interesting. I mean, there were still 30+ people stopped or walking slowly looking down at their phones though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've given it more of a chance and figured some things out... I'm in a rural area but there is a preschool, elem school and post office which are Pokestops.. so that's 3 I've found in my area, and they are nowhere close to where I live and they are nowhere close to each other either but I can do a quick drive-by at 1-2 of them during work commute. Also figured out that evolving is a good way to gain xp and transferring pokemon will get you more candies to be able to evolve things. I'll probably just casually play it when walking the dog lol.